Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Ghostbusters: Afterlife 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Ghostbusters: Afterlife 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Quote:
Ghostbusters: Afterlife is a 2021 American supernatural comedy film directed by Jason Reitman, who co-wrote the screenplay with Gil Kenan. The film stars Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace and Paul Rudd, while Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts reprise their roles from the original films. It is a direct sequel to Ghostbusters (1984), as it retcons Ghostbusters II (1989) (both directed by Reitman's father Ivan, who serves as producer) and the fourth film overall in the Ghostbusters franchise. Set thirty-five years after the events of the first film, a single mother and her two children move to a small town in Oklahoma, where they discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters and their grandfather's secret legacy.

A third Ghostbusters film had been in various stages of development since Ghostbusters II released in 1989, stalling as Murray refused to commit to the project. After the death of cast member Harold Ramis in 2014, Sony instead produced a female driven reboot directed by Paul Feig and released in 2016. Feig's film was controversial among fans of the original films and was considered a box office failure upon its release, and Jason Reitman began developing a sequel to the original films. The new cast members were announced by July 2019, while the original cast signed on two months later. Filming took place from July to October 2019.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife was screened unannounced on August 23, 2021 during the 2021 CinemaCon event in Las Vegas. It is scheduled to be released in the United States on November 19, 2021, after being delayed four times from an original July 2020 date, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The film received praise from critics for its performances, Reitman's direction, musical score, and nostalgic tone, but criticism perceiving it as overly reliant on fan service.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:34 am
Romosexual!

Post Re: Ghostbusters: Afterlife
A

great movie & surprises :D I hope they make another one.

first time for me, after exiting a theater, the CinemaSore guys were there asking people to take a poll. I went to the 4pm Friday showing.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:46 pm
Extraordinary

I found it eh. Not bad but underwhelming.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:40 am
Wallflower

As someone who has only seen the 2016 Ghostbusters (I know I know) I enjoyed this. It was pretty fun.

B-

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:18 am
Hold the door!

The beginning of the movie was interesting and setup decent new characters, at least until the final act just redoes the finale of the first movie again lol. Seems this franchise is stuck in reverse. Ghostbusters 2, Ghostbusters 2016 and this all do little to nothing interesting or new and rehash bits from the first film. There's so much potential with this franchise, I can't imagine how its so difficult not to just remake the same film over and over again.

Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:47 pm
The Kramer

This was ok. The whole "lets mix Ghostbusters with Stranger Things" didn't work as well as "lets mix Ghostbusters with SNL", but the final battle was probably better. If you take the first half of that movie and combine it with the second half of this movie then we might come close to the original. As is, alot of the beginning and middle bored me. Paul Rudd needed to be in it more. I didn't connect to any of the three main characters. Podcast was really funny though. That kid carried most of this movie until the OGs were able to comeback. And while they might have overused the Harold Ramis ghost, I got all sorts of feels when he first came in to help his granddaughter.

C+ish

Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]