Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Free Guy 

Rate this film:
A 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
B 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Free Guy 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Free Guy
Quote:
Free Guy is a 2021 American science fiction action comedy film directed by Shawn Levy from a screenplay by Matt Lieberman and Zak Penn and a story by Lieberman. The film stars Ryan Reynolds, Jodie Comer, Lil Rel Howery, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Joe Keery, and Taika Waititi.

Free Guy is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on August 13, 2021 in RealD 3D, IMAX and Dolby Cinema by 20th Century Studios. Its release had been pushed back three times from a July 2020 release date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The film received mostly positive reviews upon release.

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:19 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Free Guy
So I just came out of it's theater screening and it's good with great concept and good balance of comedy and drama. Ryan Reynolds is just the right amount here and not annoying and his shtick works well here instead of being over-the-top.

My grade is somewhere between B to B+
More on it tomorrow...

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:22 pm
Extraordinary

This was better than I was expecting. Enjoyable.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:30 am
Romosexual!

A++++++ :D LOVED IT!!!

AND THE 3 SURPRISE CAMEOS HAD ME :hahaha: , :hahaha: & :tears:

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:25 pm
Sbil

This movie was so much fun and a majorly pleasant surprise.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:11 pm
The Kramer

I liked the idea of giving humanity to background AI characters in video games. I do often wonder if slaughtering countless droves of them is morally questionable, and rarely pick Evil characters in games anymore.

But I don't think there was much to this movie besides that. I kept expecting to go up another notch but it never really did. I mean, you have Hugh Jackman as a masked character, why not ... use him? One could say 'this is an original movie and doesn't need any Deadpool v Wolverine shenanigans' but then what's up with the cringey scene with cap's shield and the lightsaber?

The movie is entertaining and worth watching though. Reynolds is the perfect star to carry it and makes it work well enough. B-

Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:16 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Loved this. An excellent argument for high quality, widely appealing blockbusters on the big screen. It’s not without its flaws, but who cares.

A-

Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:43 pm
Keeping it Light

Very enjoyable, fun film. Reynolds is in good form, and Comer who I wasn't familiar with positively surprised me too. Supporting cast hits on all cylinders as well, and it's just a pretty nice concept that comes together as a well rounded feature.

B+

Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:02 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I found this kind of lame to be honest. It doesn't really go anywhere that's not expected and ends up dragging. Jodie Comer is great though. C

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:33 pm
Profile YIM
Hold the door!

This was entertaining for the most part, but I found the first half more interesting than the second. Once Guy finds out he is an npc, it becomes a lot more standard and predictable. But still not bad in the second half.

Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:49 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Watched it a couple days ago. Good movie. B+ Kinda dragged in the middle, but the beginning and end were a lot of fun. But this movie is going to provide a lot of entertainment for a while as it did last night.

When I watch the husband (who watched the movie with me) playing games now (Assassin's Creed currently, which was actually featured for a second in the movie!), I'm always questioning if he should have killed the NPCs now.

Rough exchange from last night:

Me: "Good job, you almost have this island explored. Let's go to bed now."
Him: "Should I kill this last soldier? Area is complete but he's an elite and might have good drops. I can use more precious gems for upgrades."
Me: "That's your choice. He might have intelligence. Might not. AI has advanced a lot. Hard to say."
Him: "What would you do?"
Me: "Probably leave him. But depends on if I'm close to leveling up or if he helps towards another quest. It's up to you."
Him: "I'll sneak up and assassinate him so it's fast."
*Gets spotted because of NPC dog, uses fire arrows to dispose of them both*
Him: "Well, he saw me, so had to kill him anyway."
Me: "He might have been on the cusp of unlocking the ability to negotiate, but we'll never know. You could have tried the paralysis arrows to knock him out instead."
Him: "Shut up. Let's go to bed."

This is going to be a thing for a few weeks/months. :funny:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]