Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Jungle Cruise 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Jungle Cruise 
Keeping it Light

Post Jungle Cruise

Quote:
Jungle Cruise is a 2021 American fantasy adventure film directed by Jaume Collet-Serra from a story by Glenn Ficarra & John Requa and a screenplay written by Michael Green, Ficarra, and Requa, based on Disney Parks' theme park attraction of the same name. Produced by Walt Disney Pictures, the film stars Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Édgar Ramírez, Jack Whitehall, Jesse Plemons, and Paul Giamatti.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:48 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Jungle Cruise
It aspires to be great but it fails to generate the same level of heart as the classics it derives its themes from. Having said that its non-stop action and the charming banter between the two leads makes this an adventure worth checking. I felt the visuals were a little off at time specially at the start which I am sure Disney is trying to give you the 3D experience in their parks (movies should not be made that way) but it gets better eventually. The twists did not land very well but the end really work. As expected villains are Disney's regular cookie-cutter product and reminds you pretty much of Dead Man's Chest in terms of graphics design. Emily Blunt is amazing in this role specially with non-action moments, Dwayne Johnson does not add much to the role except being present and doing his usual shtick. Jack Whitehall adds slight comedy but his character needed more one-liners, the fully graphic the lion does a better job at comedy lol. Plemons feels wasted in this and Ramirez is #$%## (oh well....).

Its great when it concentrates on the main mystery but the visuals and thrills are cheap like the ones you are underwhelmed in a park attraction.

B-

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:25 am
Extraordinary

Without Blunt and the Rock this could've been a clunker but they're both very likable here and have strong chemistry that the movie ends up being pretty enjoyable.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:28 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was a little all over the place plotwise but it mostly works thanks to the chemistry between the two leads. The production design is also pretty impeccable and stunning. B

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:51 pm
Profile YIM
Hold the door!

The actors make the movie as its pretty standard from a plot perspective. I didn't see the twist in the middle of the film coming and it was pretty cool. Probably second best of the summer after Quiet Place 2.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:42 am
The Kramer

I had a blast on the Jungle Cruise. Sure, it's mostly just a mash up of other famous adventure films, and sure The Rock is mostly phoning it in, and sure the CGI monsters look kind of silly now and will look very silly in a few years. Doesn't matter. It's just such a fun ride. Blunt is giving it 100% even though nobody would blame her for doing less, just a wonderful human being. The mid-film twist also makes the story so much better, and even gives The Rock an excuse for his "why I am even here?" performance. And, to the shock of no one, I loved the jaguar.

A-

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:25 pm
The Kramer

doubled up*

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:26 pm
Wallflower

Saw this one in the theater last summer and had so much fun with it. Blunt is wonderful. Her, The Rock, and Jack Whitehall are all great together and provided many laughs. Would not have expected to like this one as much as I did. A pleasant surprise. Really glad we're getting a sequel.

A-

Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:03 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

A bunch of executives pointed at the first Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean and Mummy movies and said "do that" but with none of the originality, fun, and whimsy of those films. It's like a joyless and corporate remake of them, utterly predictable and by-the-numbers. Emily Blunt is also a problem, she is a good actress but simply not charismatic enough in this kind of role. To bring up the Mummy comparison again, Rachel Weisz eats her up in every single way: hotter, funnier, more relaxed. Emily Blunt always looks like she's about to take a dump. The Rock is annoying no matter what he does, I know audiences love him but I end up actively rooting against him when he's always playing a dumb jock.

C-

Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]