Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Lost World: Jurassic Park 

What grade would you give this film?
A 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
B 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
C 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
D 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
F 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 20

College Boy Z

Post The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Quote:
The Lost World: Jurassic Park is a 1997 science fiction thriller film, directed by Steven Spielberg. The film was produced by Bonnie Curtis, Kathleen Kennedy, Gerald R. Molen and Colin Wilson. The screenplay was penned by David Koepp, based on the 1995 novel The Lost World by Michael Crichton. The film stars Jeff Goldblum, Julianne Moore, Pete Postlethwaite, Richard Schiff, Vince Vaughn, Arliss Howard, Thomas F. Duffy, Vanessa Lee Chester, and Richard Attenborough.

The film picks up four years after the events of Jurassic Park. On a deserted island, dinosaurs have secretly survived and been allowed to roam free. In the time between the two events, John Hammond loses control of his company, InGen, to his nephew Peter Ludlow. Ludlow assembles a team to bring the animals back to the mainland to bring in revenue and restore the company. Hammond sees a chance to redeem himself for his past mistakes and sends an expedition led by Dr. Ian Malcolm to reach the island before InGen's team can get there. The two groups confront each other in the face of extreme danger and must team up for their own survival.

After the release of the original book and the success of the first film, Crichton was pressured not only by fans, but Spielberg himself, for a sequel novel. After the book was published in 1995, production began on a film sequel. The film received a 51% approval rating from critics at Rotten Tomatoes and 60 out of 100 at Metacritic. The film earned over USD$618 million at the worldwide box office, USD$300 million fewer than the predecessor.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:23 pm
Teh Mexican

i liked the idea of the Rex coming to the states it was cool!
not as good as the first at all!!

B-

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:27 pm
---------

This movie was really nice, and had tons of action, but you lost touch with the characters since there were so many. Jeff Goldblum didn't fit as a lead role, but Julianne Moore was good.

Grade: 87.3 , B+

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:43 pm
Hot Fuss

A decent sequel to the first film, which is one of the greatest films ever, and worth a B.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
now we know

Best JP movie. I like it.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:30 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Hmm, I thought most people hated this one. Good thing I was wrong, because I thought it was great. Of course, no where close to that of the original, but still a worthy sequel. Very entertaining movie.

A-

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:32 am
I just lost the game

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - C+

::cough cough splutter::

I won't even bother.

I thought this was pretty good, for an action film. Nowhere close to the greatness of Juassic Park. Not as rewatchable. The action scenes were good enough. I thought that the very end was blah. I liked what he had to say (The old guy....can;'t remember his name for the life of me) about steping back and letting nature live, but it feels like unless he said that, the theme of the movie wouldn't have sounded as well (and it wouldn't....they really didn't do a very good job if doing that).

I give it a C.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:52 pm
Golfaholic

Great follow-up to the original. It had good action scenes and the way Spielberg shot the broken glass scene is just incredibly exciting. (B)

Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:23 am
I'm Batman

Vince Vaughn is great, Goldblum is Goldblum, effects were great, but the rest is pretty much shit. The little girl is really annoying. The T-Rex in SD is terrible too. What was up with all the Kong Kong references too?

C

Sat May 14, 2005 10:36 pm
We had our time together

I'm one of the few people who liked this one more than JP. Veeery entertaining movie with awesome effects and action. Some extremely suspensful scenes too. A-

Sun May 15, 2005 9:49 am
Profile WWW
je vois l'avenir

B

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 am
Draughty

Worse than 1941, the worst movie of Spielberg's career. It was just a standard autopilot hack job sequel, something I thought he was above. C-

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:11 am
Profile WWW
MISSING IN ACTION

The movie had great acting, and some nice scenes.

BUt I felt that it didn't feel like Speilberg, or the first Jurassic Park.

It felt like one of those overly rushed sequels that came out to capitalize on the buzz from the first one.

But still, a decent summer flick

B

...burn, die, and go to hell bizznitch.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

D -. Far superior to Jurassic Park in every conceivable way. 2 T-Rex's are better than 1 :grin: .

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:45 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

I remember it being fun and entertaining.

But I also remember a girl performing an uneven bars routine to knock out a dino.

So, B- or thereabouts.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:55 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - C+

Well it sure was better than the first one! (Not that that was difficult...)

Though, I preferred #3, even though it was more of a B-movie kinda approach...

Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:26 am
Where will you be?

Post Re: The Lost World: Jurassic Park
This was really an unfortunate experience for me because I looooooved this movie when I saw it in theaters at the wee age of 8. Like, not only did I always go to the Lost World Jurrasic Park arcade game, but the computer game, which was essentially a Starcraft port, is one of about half a dozen games I've ever owned. I had all the dinosaur toys even after they got ridiculously goofy. So rewatching this movie and seeing how much everyone phones it in just really makes me wish I'd never rewatched it. The editing is shoddy, the score recycled at best and bombastic and goofy at worst, and there's pletny of scenes that make little or no sense at all. How did the T-Rex eat everyone on the ship despite being in the cage? Even the scenes of people getting munched were pretty dumb, particularly Peter Stormare getting eaten by tiny dinos and the absurdly stupid fucker who runs out of the waterfall because of a snake.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:39 pm
---------

MovieDude wrote:
Even the scenes of people getting munched were pretty dumb, particularly Peter Stormare getting eaten by tiny dinos .

hmmm. try to imagine yourself in the cretacious period. you get your first look at this six-inch "tiny dino" as you enter a clearing. he moves like a bird lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep walking because you think that he is utterly useless and of no threat. but no, not this compysaurus. you walk past him, and he just stares at you. and that's when the attack comes. not from the front, but from everywhere, from the twelve other compy's you didn't even know were there. because Compy's a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns and he is out in force today. and he bites at you with this... a mouthful of 32 teeth, like a razor. they bite at you here... or here... or there ... or perhaps your eye to deter movement. the point is... you are alive when they start to eat you. you are experiencing pain from every part of your body. so you know... try to show a little respect.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:11 pm
Squee

80 pound girl kicks a 600 pound raptor out of a window.

:glare:

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:23 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Squee wrote:
80 pound girl kicks a 600 pound raptor out of a window.

Well at least it wasn't Adrian Brody doing a swan jump kick to a raptor in King Kong

The girl was annoying- but the action scenes and effects were spectacular. It was a popcorn film foremost, and it lost the awe factor that the first one had. It should have had Sam Neil and the other oactors back.

B/B+

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:29 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

I don't get why people complain about small details. Its a popcorn movie, just like the first. If you go along with the ride, you'll have a great time. The action and effects in this film are so good they make up for any lack of characterization and plot simplicity. And this film has something that several blockbusters lack nowadays: tension. There are some moments where you don't know if the characters will make it through. Its really really fun, I actually found it on par with the first movie.

A-

Wed May 14, 2008 12:04 am
why so serious?

I seriously don't remember anything about this movie. (The last time I saw it was two or three years ago.) That probably doesn't speak too highly of its quality, especially seeing as I still remember Jurassic Park pretty well.

Wed May 14, 2008 12:24 am

The first film felt enganging, thematic and magical, while the sequel feels hollow and empty.

B-

Wed May 14, 2008 12:40 am

Horrible movie.

A

Wed May 14, 2008 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Another You

StiLL one of the most entertaining movies ever; in my aLL-time top 100. I remember being very crazy to these two fiLms when I was a kid. Plus it heLps a Lot that the originaL is the best movie ever made. :thumbsup:

A

Thu May 15, 2008 5:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next