Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Oslo 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Oslo 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Oslo
Quote:
Oslo is an American television drama film, about the secret negotiation of the Oslo Accords. The film was directed by Bartlett Sher and written by J. T. Rogers, based on Rogers' play of the same name. It stars Andrew Scott, Ruth Wilson and Jeff Wilbusch. It was released on May 29, 2021, on HBO.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:09 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Oslo
I can understand why critics are loving this movie. It has a great premise, brilliant acting and some really good ideas. I enjoyed these aspects of the movie and it moves at a brisk pace. Having said all that I found the movie at war with its characters, the focus always seem to be on the couple instead of politics whereas the politics is given more time which results in indecision of where to root. There is also the problem of resolution of some of the biggest political issues, maybe some will like it but to me they felt too corny. If its that simple to convince these people then why were/are they fighting in the first place? Andrew Scott didn't have much to do but he does his work well, Rith Wilson is able to stand-out of the crowd and the film gives enough attention to her character and story. Being based on the play it does feel a lot like play and all the political characters are thinly written, while the end is good its does not evoke the emotions it tries to emulate.

C+

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]