Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Things Heard & Seen 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Things Heard & Seen 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Things Heard & Seen
Quote:
Things Heard & Seen is a 2021 American horror thriller film written and directed by Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini, based on the novel All Things Cease to Appear by Elizabeth Brundage. It stars Amanda Seyfried and James Norton.

It was released on April 29, 2021, by Netflix

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Things Heard & Seen
I had pretty low expectations after the reviews but love Amanda Seyfried so decided to watch it anyway. To my surprise it was actually pretty intriguing. The location is gorgeous and Seyfried is lovely as usual. I'll admit she's a big part of why it mostly worked for me. But the ending is awful. I know it's based on a book but whatever might have worked on the page does not translate well to the screen. Such a letdown because it had me for most of the movie. I was tempted to give it a bit lower rating because of it but I still really liked it for most of its runtime.

7/10

Sat May 01, 2021 1:21 am
Forum General

I was actually enjoying this quite a bit until it got to the third act. If your going into this expecting The Conjuring or Insidious there's no doubt your going to be disappointed which is probably why the revews for this are so weak, but I was mostly engaged by the family drama elements aswell as the solid peformances and the gorgeous cinematography.

Amanda Seyfried and James Norton carries this movie pretty well throughout and I was surprised that I never got bored with it despite the 2 hour running time, but damn was that ending awful and almost completely ruined what came before. If it wasn't for that third act my grade would have definitely been higher.

C+

Sat May 01, 2021 9:06 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

The performances here are actually very good and it has a nice atmosphere, but I agree it goes off the rails at the end for sure. But it's a decent watch. B-

Sat May 01, 2021 9:45 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I didn't love this and yes the dynamics of the family were much better but the second half is so weak it just took away whatever came before it. The transforamtion of the husband is way too sudden and then the horror elements are non-existant with characters making stupid choices in the entire second half.

C

Tue May 18, 2021 2:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]