Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Without Remorse 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Without Remorse 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Without Remorse
Quote:
Tom Clancy's Without Remorse (also known simply as Without Remorse) is a 2021 American action thriller film based on the 1993 novel of the same name by Tom Clancy and a spin-off of the Jack Ryan film series. It is directed by Stefano Sollima and written by Taylor Sheridan and Will Staples, and stars Lauren London, Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell, Jodie Turner-Smith, Luke Mitchell, Jack Kesy, Brett Gelman, Colman Domingo and Guy Pearce.

Originally produced and set for a theatrical release by Paramount Pictures, the film was acquired by Amazon Studios amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and was digitally released on Prime Video on April 30, 2021. It received mixed reviews from critics, who praised Jordan's performance and the action sequences but called the plot generic.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:19 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Without Remorse
A decent enough mindless action flick, but it could have been better. It all just feels like so much setup for either more movies or a future tv series which I would honestly probably watch if it did happen, but man they definitely need to get some stronger writers, because the writing here was pretty weak all around. MBJ was solid though despite his lack of range and charisma in the role, but Jodi Turner-Smith was horribly miscast IMO.

Easily the weakest peformance in the movie and I liked her in Queen & Slim, but I never bought her in the role she was given here and more could have also been done with Jamie Bell's and Guy Pearce's characters in terms of development.

C+

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:55 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

A very pedestrian revenge thriller that delves too much into non-sensicle politics rather than being a straight up military thriller. Jamie Bell does well but he is not given enough to work with, MBJ is his usual self but nothing too deep or surprising from his performance, the rest of the cast specially Guy Pearce were wasted here. The action scenes are done well with they get exhaustive towards the end of the movie.

C+

Tue May 18, 2021 2:57 am
Veteran

I just finished re-reading the novel. Hoping for a remake that's truer to the novel which has a fantastic story. As to the movie, I give it a B based on MBJ's charisma and presence.

I was blind, but now I see.

Fri May 28, 2021 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]