Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Dead (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Dead (2020) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Dead (2020)
Quote:
Dead is a 2020 New Zealand comedy horror feature film about a stoner who can see ghosts and a recently dead cop searching for a serial killer.

Directed by Hayden J. Weal (Chronesthesia aka Love and Time Travel) from a screenplay co-written with Thomas Sainsbury (Wellington Paranormal; Alien Addiction; Guns Akimbo), both of whom star, the Augusto production also features Tomai Ihaia, Jennifer Ward-Lealand, Michael Hurst and Cameron Rhodes.

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:50 pm
Post Re: Dead (2020)
https://horrorbuzz.com/2020/09/11/dead- ... st-comedy/

I thought this one was a bunch of fun and I actually laughed out loud at a few things, so that's never a bad sign. Give it a go!

Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:17 pm
Forum General

I got some good laughs out of this one as well. I didn't laugh out loud a whole lot, but it definitely got me a few times. Hayden J. Weal and Thomas Sainsbury have some pretty solid chemistry as the leads and while this movie is really stupid for the most part there banter is actually surprisingly well written IMO and there performances weren't bad either. It's pretty much exactly what I expected out of a quirky, indie New Zealand horror comedy.

B-

Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:27 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Its an indie that's does what it sort to do very well. The acting is good, the ghosts and the ideas around their existence/body transfer themes were laid out nicely. The two leads have great chemistry and their banter is good though could have been better. I wished that comedy landed better here because that would have easily made it stand out for a cheap looking horror comedy. The horror elements are definitely not polished because of the low budget but that's not as big a distraction because the story/script does the heavy lifting here.

B

Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]