Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 22 July 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

22 July 
Keeping it Light

Post 22 July

Quote:
22 July is a 2018 American thriller film about the 2011 Norway attacks and the aftermath of it, based on the novel One of Us: The Story of a Massacre in Norway — and Its Aftermath by Åsne Seierstad. The film was written, directed and produced by Paul Greengrass and features a Norwegian cast and crew. The film had its world premiere on September 5, 2018 in the main competition section of the 75th Venice International Film Festival. It was released online and in select theaters on October 10, 2018, by Netflix.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:51 pm
Forum General

Post Re: 22 July
It's a well made film and coming from someone who isn't the biggest Paul Greengrass fan it definitely kept my attention throughout, but its hard for me to say that anything about it is actually memorable outside of the horror of the massacre itself. It's pretty damn long for one thing and while watching this story unfold was quite interesting I felt like Greengrass focused too much on the stuff that wasn't that interesting or engaging to me like the scenes with the kid going through recovery. Now, I understand why he did it for story purposes, but I wish we got more of the stuff with the Prime Minister and the lawyers because that's what was drawing me in. Hell, I honestly wanted a little more time spent with the terrorist dude too just because I thought the actor was really solid in the role and it would have been nice to explore that character a bit more.

B

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 pm
Keeping it Light

Post Re: 22 July
Excellent film, it's a dreadful event and I think the film tackles it the right way, it's sober and gripping and I was glued to it from start to finish.

A-

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]