Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Vault 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
D 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

The Vault 
Pure Phase

Post The Vault

Quote:
The Vault is a 2017 American thriller film directed by Dan Bush and written by Dan Bush and Conal Byrne.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:38 pm
Pure Phase

Post Re: The Vault
The Vault has a decent concept for a low-budget genre film: a heist movie...in a haunted bank. But it slightly falls apart in its execution, ending up as a not-so-great crime film mixed with a not-so-great ghost story. It clumsily handles the From Dusk Till Dawn-style genre reversal, tipping its hand too early and then never delivering potent enough jolts, undermined by generic phantoms and scattershot editing. On the plus side, it is capably acted. Francesca Eastwood (daughter of Clint, sister of Scott) is an engaging and fetching lead. Scott Haze and Taryn Manning are effectively fraught as reluctant thieves. And though this is definitely James "I met the producer's second cousin at NYU, so of course I'll do the movie!" Franco as opposed to 127 Hours' or Spring Breakers' James Franco, his presence still adds a degree of movie-star gravitas and distinction. And though I saw the twist regarding his character coming from a mile away, I still modestly appreciated the film's third-act effort.

C

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:51 pm
Forum General

Another film that wastes a perfectly good set up just like Jackals. This is however much worse though because of how dull and generic it is. You got a genre mash up of a heist movie and a haunted house movie, but the heist movie element isn't thrilling enough to keep your attention, and the haunted house element is far from scary or tense. This easily could have worked, but From Dusk Till Dawn it ain't which is a shame because it has a decent cast of capable actors such as Manning, Franco and Collins Jr.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:51 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

So this movie was marketed as a 2021 movie but then I found out that it was released 4 years back. Its decent but very generic in execution. The third act works well but the middle part where they prepare for the heist is not engaging enough and lots of things are clear manipulated for story progression. The twist in the final act could be seen from a mile. I didn't see any haunted house setting or Franco so maybe they edited some parts of the movie.

C+

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]