Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Interstellar 

What grade would you give this film?
A 54%  54%  [ 14 ]
B 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
C 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
D 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
F 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 26

Interstellar 
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Interstellar
I just re-watched for the first time it a few weeks ago and I loved it much more than the first time I saw it. I seemed to linger into not finding it perfect when I saw it before, but now I actually couldn't find anything wrong with it the second time. It's such a great journey, McConaughey is just great in the lead and it completely sucks me in, I plan to revisit this again from time to time. Nolan is a master of creating atmosphere and telling compelling stories and as far as space drama goes there's just few films better than this. Superb.

A

Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:33 am
Forum General

Yep I actually haven't re-watched this in years, but after seeing this again today I still love it. It really holds up quite well IMO and watching this right after Inception was even more interesting, because I actually think I enjoyed it even more than that movie. The emotion behind the story just pulls me in every time and for some reason I really do connect with McCnaughey's character and the family drama that surrounds him. Nolan is also a true master and creating some really incredible, atmospheric and intense sequences like the docking sequence which is still as amazing as when I first saw it and that ending with McCnaughey reuniting with his daughter is still pretty damn emotional and heart wrenching.

A+

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:28 pm
The Kramer

After the Tenet rewatch went so well, I decided to finally give Interstellar another shot.

And I'm glad I did. The first 30-40 minutes of this movie are gold. Telling a story with little more than emotion is almost the complete opposite of Tenet's ruthless and relentless pacing.

Yet just I did back in 2014, I must complain how slow the movie is once they are in space. No amount of gravity can be blamed for the amount of time they waste up there. The special effects don't look that great either. They always put the camera right on the plane / spaceship and while we get a realistic sense of the scope of space, it is just dull to look at.

Still, raising grade from C+ to B+. The Earth parts are great and while the Ideas of the space parts don't live up to their potential, it still makes for an epic journey.

Thu May 06, 2021 3:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7