Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Felony 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Felony 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Felony

Quote:
Felony is a 2013 Australian thriller film directed by Matthew Saville. Joel Edgerton wrote, produced and co-starred in the film. Tom Wilkinson, Jai Courtney, and Melissa George also appeared in the film. It was screened in the Special Presentation section at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Felony
This was playing at the cinema when I was in Australia back in 2014, and I didn't manage to see it. I've just seen it now and it's totally not what I expected from the poster. I thought it was going to be a high level federal agent thriller, such as the Michael Douglas actioner, The Sentinel, or Richard Gere's The Double. But it's just about a hit and run. And I'm not talking it down. It's very good - loses its bite in the final third - but it's very well-acted and competently made. These Blue Tongue boys make excellent thrillers (I recommend The Square if you're only aware of their newer films). I've seen pretty much all of theirs now, and they always include real dilemmas and intriguing real world conundrums and human problems. Edgerton has long been a favourite of mine as an actor, but he also keeps impressing me behind the camera as a creator of high-quality stories for adults.

I also took great pleasure on Tom Wilkinson telling Jai Courtney that he's a fucking prick and that he's the one nobody likes in the band.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]