Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
B 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
C 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
D 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
F 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 23

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 
Extraordinary

Post Re:
Algren wrote:
I still loved it, but a few things that I ignored on the first viewing because I was having such an amazing time, bugged me this time.

I hate when that happens.

Sat May 10, 2014 10:13 am
Ocarina of Time

Post Re:
Algren wrote:
"I'm the only one that knows the grid"...

"I'm a nobody" is worse

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Sat May 10, 2014 10:14 am
Ocarina of Time

Post Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Algren wrote:
What a great shot!

There are better

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Sat May 10, 2014 10:15 am
now we know

Post Re: Re:
Brian wrote:
Algren wrote:
"I'm the only one that knows the grid"...

"I'm a nobody" is worse

That was fine with me. It was quite comicbook-y.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat May 10, 2014 10:17 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Brian wrote:
Algren wrote:
What a great shot!

There are better

Hence why I didn't say it was the best shot.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat May 10, 2014 10:18 am
Profile WWW
now we know

I love the over-emphasis on the word "amazing" throughout the film. :D

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat May 10, 2014 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Was this movie really real? I mean seriously? It does for Spider-Man what Batman & Robin did for Batman. It was just terrible. I felt so bad for Jamie Foxx, especially in the pre-Electro scenes. It was embarrassing. The saving grace is (obviously) Garfield and Stone who have such perfect chemistry. Without them this would be a total disaster. I am sure the third one will be even worse without Stone, honestly. I can't imagine it working.

C-

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sat May 24, 2014 4:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

"The saving grace of this movie was its main characters"

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue May 27, 2014 10:45 am
Forum General

It's not very good, however I could watch Stone and Garfield for hours.

Too bad we don't live in an age where special effects are cheap because I'd love to see a movie where the focus is not on Electro, Green Goblin and all the other shit. I mean, instead of a superhero flick with a dash of romance, I'd like to see a romantic drama with a dash of superhero- meaning to say, the action bits are brief and such and are more obstacles than the plot.

Maybe that's Webb's strong point. After all, he did 500 Days of Summer. The chemistry between the leads of course helps.

Otherwise, the script is weak. Electro and the Goblin have farcical origin stories. DeHaan does alright in the little he gets to play with and I'm surprised Foxx took this really laughable role as Electro...unless these are actually origin stories from the comics...then I'd say not everything needs to be adapted as is from them.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

BK wrote:
It's not very good, however I could watch Stone and Garfield for hours.

That sums up my feelings about the film pretty well.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Read through the thread and some points:

-Even if Stan Lee has been in every or most comic book movies from Marvel, I don't even recognize him.

-In no universe are Tobey and Kirsten comparable to Andrew and Emma. I can't remember the OT but even in all the time they are given to win us over/prove themselves, just a few scenes here, even just one scene between Andrew/Emma blows them completely to smithereens. I wish they didn't kill her off, and given that this franchise is pretty much dead in the water, they should just die her hair red and cast her as Mary Jane as I don't know who could follow and pull this amount of chemistry off- probably no one seeing as the actors are together in real life last I know/remember. #castemmastoneasmaryjane

-Someone, Magnus maybe, mentioned about the MCU not being scrutinized enough. How completely and unequivocally true. None of the relationships presented in the MCU so far has come even universal distance to the couple here. What was TWS's relationship? Him and Bucky? That was pathetic. Even Garfield/DeHaan have more chemistry than what we were supposed to care for in TWS. Also, good thing they had some flashback because I didn't even remember the character from CA. It's funny, I don't even like TASM2 all that much, and most of the points early in this thread are valid, but all conveniently avoided for CA:TWS. Immortality for Nick Fury? And Black Widow? And Cap? The Falcon helicopter slide? It was more solid than TASM2, but nothing in that movie is as memorable as or as strong/potent as any scene involving Andrew/Emma. If not for you, for me, it is a wonder how great chemistry can save a movie and how do we then accept anything less?

-TDKR sucked. Nolan. Batman. WOKJ. I get it. Still, it was pretty bad. I'd take TASM2...okay maybe a tie, since I did enjoy the acting in TDKR unlike the woeful attempt at a finale or even a story.

-I agree that TASM2 should have ended with Peter Parker at Gwen's grave and have the following movie take place directly after the events here showing him having to move on and etc. Ending with the Rhino robbed the impact of her death, I think, for most people. Since I was keyed in to their relationship, I was still thinking about it during the Rhino scene which I glazed over. The mid/end credits should have been DeHaan in jail setting up the Sinister Six with that recruit of his walking past each exhibit. That was a nice shot. I cannot remember how TASM ended, but I do love and remember the shot with the yellow umbrella and the rain. Lovely.

-Another problem I had with the movie was the fact that the characters seemed to have conversations for the first time. So despite how good I felt Stone/Garfield pulled it off and Garfield/Field(lol), the phrasing could have been a lot better so it doesn't seem like Gwen and Peter have never had the break up conversation before and that Peter never asked about his father before. Script problems, I'm feeling. I compared this directly to the subtlety in EOT with how they wrote the scenes despite Cruise having experienced it before.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

BJs grade:

D+/C-

I have never been more emotionally detached throughout a superhero movie, it was beyond bland, had to fight to stay awake throughout much of it. Even the end is dull and lifeless. The first one put me to sleep but it did draw some serious dislike from me by the end. This was, however, my favorite rendition of peter parker/spider-man put to film so far, so it avoids being totally awful. Were it not for Garfield and Stone this would have been an F for sure.

Last edited by BJ on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

BK wrote:
Read through the thread and some points:

-Even if Stan Lee has been in every or most comic book movies from Marvel, I don't even recognize him.

-In no universe are Tobey and Kirsten comparable to Andrew and Emma. I can't remember the OT but even in all the time they are given to win us over/prove themselves, just a few scenes here, even just one scene between Andrew/Emma blows them completely to smithereens. I wish they didn't kill her off, and given that this franchise is pretty much dead in the water, they should just die her hair red and cast her as Mary Jane as I don't know who could follow and pull this amount of chemistry off- probably no one seeing as the actors are together in real life last I know/remember. #castemmastoneasmaryjane

-Someone, Magnus maybe, mentioned about the MCU not being scrutinized enough. How completely and unequivocally true. None of the relationships presented in the MCU so far has come even universal distance to the couple here. What was TWS's relationship? Him and Bucky? That was pathetic. Even Garfield/DeHaan have more chemistry than what we were supposed to care for in TWS. Also, good thing they had some flashback because I didn't even remember the character from CA. It's funny, I don't even like TASM2 all that much, and most of the points early in this thread are valid, but all conveniently avoided for CA:TWS. Immortality for Nick Fury? And Black Widow? And Cap? The Falcon helicopter slide? It was more solid than TASM2, but nothing in that movie is as memorable as or as strong/potent as any scene involving Andrew/Emma. If not for you, for me, it is a wonder how great chemistry can save a movie and how do we then accept anything less?

-TDKR sucked. Nolan. Batman. WOKJ. I get it. Still, it was pretty bad. I'd take TASM2...okay maybe a tie, since I did enjoy the acting in TDKR unlike the woeful attempt at a finale or even a story.

-I agree that TASM2 should have ended with Peter Parker at Gwen's grave and have the following movie take place directly after the events here showing him having to move on and etc. Ending with the Rhino robbed the impact of her death, I think, for most people. Since I was keyed in to their relationship, I was still thinking about it during the Rhino scene which I glazed over. The mid/end credits should have been DeHaan in jail setting up the Sinister Six with that recruit of his walking past each exhibit. That was a nice shot. I cannot remember how TASM ended, but I do love and remember the shot with the yellow umbrella and the rain. Lovely.

-Another problem I had with the movie was the fact that the characters seemed to have conversations for the first time. So despite how good I felt Stone/Garfield pulled it off and Garfield/Field(lol), the phrasing could have been a lot better so it doesn't seem like Gwen and Peter have never had the break up conversation before and that Peter never asked about his father before. Script problems, I'm feeling. I compared this directly to the subtlety in EOT with how they wrote the scenes despite Cruise having experienced it before.

So very wrong.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

LOL I totally forgot this movie existed.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
now we know

What a stupid thing to say. Such a huge blockbuster and you forgot it existed...after about 2 months being in release?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I literally did, which just shows how forgettable it is. Obviously if someone mentioned it I would know what they were talking about :P but I honestly took about a millisecond when I saw the thread and I went "..oh!" haha

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
now we know

Biggestgeekever wrote:
Did this movie have Stan Lee's worst cameo to date? I can't recall some of his roles from movies pre-Iron Man, but this felt like the most forgettable one since it became a "thing."

The trend continues. :roll:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120492

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:18 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

TASM2 proves how this reboot was completely unnecessary. It's just boring and exactly what you would expect from a Spider-Man movie.

5/10 -> C-

Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Better than I remembered. I think if it ended with Peter and Gwen being Spider-Many together in London with Harrys Goblin as the credits stinger this franchise would have lived to see a third film. Bold choice to kill Gwen, but you can't do a downer ending and a Look At All Our Other Cool Toys ending at the same time. But if they had nailed the ending, then Sony wouldn't have been desperate enough to work with Disney and then we wouldn't have eventually gotten No Way Home. So the suits messing the movie up turned out for the best, and Garfield's recent redemption retroactively gives him much needed closure. This is the Superior Amazing Spider-Man.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:55 am

The ringtones of this movie are also very good, you should download them to make ringtones for your phone, You can search ringtone ringchill and go there to download the movie ringtones of the movie

Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7