Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Before Midnight 

What grade would you give this film?
A 82%  82%  [ 9 ]
B 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

Before Midnight 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Before Midnight
Have you guys ever actually been in a fight like that with someone you've been with for years?

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:49 pm
Pure Phase

Since I did not enter a committed relationship when I was five, the answer is no. I have never fought with a significant other I have known and loved for 18 years. ;)

But it is beside the point. We are not saying the film is not powerful and sad. We are just saying there is an element of humor at play alongside the drama. I am almost certain Linklater and the actors were conscious of the comic quality of the Sylvia Plath reference, for example. The fact you reacted to it with stony solemnity is fine, too, of course.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:57 pm
Keeping it Light

Well, I love Before Sunrise and Before Sunset and when this came out, I was just not able to catch it, and ended up on my forever shortlist to watch and never deciding the right time to see it for long.

But now I finally did, and wow, it's just as amazing as the first two films. Something of me had a fear of this perhaps disappointing, but it totally lives up to the series quality. Another excellent chapter, Hawke and Delpy are both so good and their dialogues keep me glued me to the screen. A wonderful Greek setting and the continuation of their story feels very genuine and pure. Linklater is a master of cinema and storytelling.

A

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3