Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Legends of the Fall 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Legends of the Fall 
College Boy Z

Post Legends of the Fall
Legends of the Fall

Quote:
Legends of the Fall is a 1994 drama film based on the 1979 novella of the same title by Jim Harrison. It was directed by Edward Zwick and stars Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins and Aidan Quinn. The film was nominated for the Academy Awards for Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction, and Best Sound, and won the category for Best Cinematography.

The film's timeframe spans the decade before World War I through the Prohibition era, and into the 1930s, ending with a brief scene set in 1963. The film centers on the Ludlow family of Montana, including veteran of the Indian Wars, Colonel Ludlow, his sons, Alfred, Tristan, and Samuel, and object of the brothers' love, Susannah.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:38 pm
Veteran

A rare movie with Anthony Hopkins that is not only bad but where he gives a bad performance. I saw it when it was in theaters and really hated it. I hate it so much I give it a D.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

I love this movie. its so sad and the cast is great.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
You must have big rats

A rare movie with Anthony Hopkins that is not only bad but where he gives a bad performance. I saw it when it was in theaters and really hated it. I hate it so much I give it a D.

I don't remember this movie very well, but I do remember Hopkins giving a very decent performance, actually.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

Hopkins gave a great performance, IMO. But the movie was carried by Pitt's performance. He was awesome here. The movie is a bit cliched but still a very strong film, at least for me. A

Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Legends of the Fall
This is nice epic story of a father and three brothers, though it's nothing particularly special either. It's pleasant but more of interest to people wanting to see Brad Pitt's rise to stardom in the 90s than much else, although it does include some interesting World War I scenes, prohibition and native American themes. Pitt is especially gorgeous here, which is difficult for a film when your leading man is prettier than the woman that all the brothers want.

I see it won Best Cinematography at the Oscars beating out The Shawshank Redemption and Forrest Gump. It is a beautifully shot film at times, but in retrospect I feel perhaps Deakins or Burgess should have won.

And to settle the almost-two-decade-old debate, lol, Hopkins gives a fine performance.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]