Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Gemini Man 

Rate This Film
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
C 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Gemini Man 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Gemini Man

Quote:
Gemini Man is a 2019 American action thriller film[4] directed by Ang Lee and written by David Benioff, Billy Ray, and Darren Lemke. Starring Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen and Benedict Wong, the film follows a hitman who is targeted by a younger clone of himself while on the run from the government.

Originally conceived in 1997, the film went through development hell for nearly 20 years. Several directors, including Tony Scott, Curtis Hanson and Joe Carnahan, were all attached at some point and numerous actors, including Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson and Sean Connery, were set to star. In 2016, Skydance Media purchased the rights to the screenplay (which had been through several rewrites) from Disney and in October 2017, Ang Lee signed on to direct for Skydance with Paramount handling the distribution rights. Filming took place from February through May 2018.

Gemini Man premiered at the Zurich Film Festival on October 1, 2019 and was theatrically released in the United States by Paramount Pictures on October 11, 2019, in standard 2D, Dolby Cinema, and IMAX as well as in HFR (high frame rate) "3D+" on select screens (including 16 Dolby Cinema[5] and 47 IMAX with Laser screens[6] worldwide). The film received generally negative reviews from critics, who complimented the performances, but lamented the script and plot, while the de-aging of Smith and the high frame-rate of 120 fps drew a mixed response.[7][8]

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:16 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Gemini Man
Plenty unfocused action without much at stakes or any surprise in the story. I really can't imagine why this has such HUGE budget. The graphics of younger Will Smith specially at the very end in 2D showing were REALLY REALLY bad.

Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:11 am
Forum General

I thought it was pretty decent. The action sequences are well staged, but the amount of bad CGI really did kind of take me out of a lot of the scenes. I did really enjoy the dynamic between Smith, Winstead and Wong, but Clive Owen was seriously wasted as the villain in this though.

C+

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:12 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

For what is an interesting premise - this is extremely dull. The CGI also leaves a lot to be desired - not only in the de-aging but also in the action. Some action scenes look cartoonish.

No issue with actors and its a visually pleasing film but best to avoid this one.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:53 am
Defeats all expectations

The action was good in this one. But the story left a lot to be desired.

The final half of the movie was centered around the young Will Smith character who had to wrestle with his newly discovered identity. But too little character and backstory were written into him which made it hard for audiences to feel sympathetic to his struggle. The story was simply not thought out enough and relied on viewers' presumption or suspension of belief.

62/100

Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:44 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I watched this on a plane a few months ago and found it enjoyable. It's dumb but fairly entertaining action fare. B-

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:04 pm
Profile YIM
Keeping it Light

I liked it, not a too memorable film really, but the cinematography and crisp picture do make for a vivid experience. Ang Lee is still a crafty film maker and the stuff is not deep enough to offer much substance but I appreciate his style. Will Smith doesn't feel like in top form and Owen's role is quite generic, but Winstead is pretty good.

B

Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:17 am
The Kramer

Gemini Man starts off with promise as it basically has the same premise as Bad Boys For Life and the motorcycle chase/subsequent motorcyle fight are very exciting. It just becomes so dull after that though. There's a lot of big ideas about the moment a human becomes a weapon and then when it becomes too much and they revert back to being a human, but I just don't think the movie is clever enough to justify having the same conversation over and over again. By the time the action started again I was mostly checked out and only barely wowed at Young (and then even younger) Will Smith flipping around.

C

Sun May 16, 2021 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]