Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

College Boy Z

Post Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

Quote:
Mad Max 2 (also known as The Road Warrior in the U.S., and Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior) is a 1981 Australian post-apocalyptic action film directed by George Miller. The film is the second installment in the Mad Max film series, with Mel Gibson starring as Max Rockatansky. The film's tale of a community of settlers moved to defend themselves against a roving band of marauders follows an archetypal "Western" frontier movie motif, as does Max's role as a hardened man who rediscovers his humanity when he decides to help the settlers.

Mad Max 2 was released on 24 December 1981, and was critically acclaimed. Observers praised the visuals and Gibson's role. Noteworthy elements of the film also include cinematographer Dean Semler's widescreen photography of Australia's vast desert landscapes; the sparing use of dialogue throughout the film; costume designer Norma Moriceau's punk mohawked, leather bondage gear-wearing bikers; and its fast-paced, tightly edited, and violent battle and chase scenes. The film's comic-book post-apocalyptic/punk style popularized the genre in film and fiction writing. It was also a box office success and received several nominations at the Saturn Award ceremony. Eventually, Mad Max 2 developed into a cult film: fan clubs and "road warrior"–themed activities continue into the 21st century. The film was followed by Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome in 1985.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:01 pm
Veteran

B

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

The best of the trilogy.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

The ultimate Post-Apocalypse movie. The imitators of the Mad Max style are legion at this stage but nothing matches this. The opening narration, the gloriously bizarre villians and that hulking V8 Interceptor there isn't a detail that doesn't work.

A+

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:25 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Can we rename the title The Road Warrior, it just sounds so tacky for such a cool film. Has one of the most influential car chases of all time. A huge improvement over the solid first and the strengh of the series.

A

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:46 pm
We had our time together

Post Re: Mad Max II
One of the best sequels ever, even surpassing the original. The action is beyond awesome and Gibson is perfect as Max.

A

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
This kicked so much ass. One of the best action movies. Easy to see why it's a classic.

9/10 (A-)

Even though I hear they're not nearly as good now I want to see the original and Beyond Thunderdome.

Mon May 18, 2015 8:04 pm
Pure Phase

I love this, but prefer the first, which may be my favorite or second favorite pure action film of all-time.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Mon May 18, 2015 8:24 pm
now we know

I love the feel of these films, especially the first and second parts. The third isn't as impactful, but still special in its own way. I fear that because none of the original trilogy can compare on a visual level to the fourth movie that they might eventually lose their love. Hopefully nostalgia can interfere, but I've never gotten the sense that the Mad Max trilogy is really that beloved on the same level as, say, Lethal Weapon or Die Hard. Perhaps because of its Aussie and independent roots.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon May 18, 2015 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

From the initial setup of the world to the first half of world building is good. Limiting it to a specific "town" was the right way to go. Then the whole trapped in the town is amazing and the car chase scenes are pretty much on par with Fury Road. Its evident that George Miller has drawn a LOT of Fury Road scenes from this movie. I thought this was better than the original Mad Max specially because it was able to handle emotional aspect better.

Tue May 26, 2020 2:42 am
Forum General

Love this movie, but I honestly might prefer Fury Road over it now which would make it my favorite Mad Max film overall. This movie is just awesome though from the great set pieces to the car chases and the world building. George Miller and Mel Gibson were just on fire here between Miller's impeccable direction and Gibson's no bullshit badassery.

B+

Tue May 26, 2020 7:11 pm
Keeping it Light

Definitely a very good sequel to Mad Max, it has more and bigger action and does a great job with the world building. Gibson has more to do here and has formed into a movie star presence continuing Max' apocalyptic story. The first film just connects with me a bit more, but this does another stellar job of combining cinematography and score to making the story and car chases compelling.

B+

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]