Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Matrix Reloaded 

What grade would you give this film?
A 32%  32%  [ 8 ]
B 48%  48%  [ 12 ]
C 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 25

The Matrix Reloaded 
Mod Team Leader

Last edited by baumer72 on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:27 am
Profile WWW

The ending was cool, I still recall fondly how excited that last shot of Neo and Bane made me for Revolutions :cry:

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:25 am
Extraordinary

It's hampered down by a very dull first hour, but gains considerable speed once Neo meets the Oracle. Has a lot of interesting ideas and nice action, and I think it's probably the most rewatchable film of the three.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:25 am
You must have big rats

Already posted your review here once, Baumer ;)

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The film has no depth to it. Its just like...it seems like what they tried to do was take the action and F/x from the first one and make Reloaded all about that, while they made Revolutions be all that deep/intellectual stuff.

What exactly was deep/intellectual about Revolutions? That's the dumb action flick of the trilogy.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:54 am
Squee

Lots of things bother me about this movie. The word "believe," which was spewed forth about a billion times in the movie. BE MORE ASSERTIVE!! The rave scene just so the movie could justifiably be rated R (thus be edgey!! If it aint edgey, I get off the hedgey.). The architect, the most worst character in the movies. The wachowski's tried to be so smart, the movie ended up being dumb instead.

After all that, though, the action was great, the special effects for the most part were great as well.

:glare:

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:20 am
Extraordinary

Magnus101 wrote:
The film has no depth to it. Its just like...it seems like what they tried to do was take the action and F/x from the first one and make Reloaded all about that, while they made Revolutions be all that deep/intellectual stuff.

What exactly was deep/intellectual about Revolutions? That's the dumb action flick of the trilogy.

Revolutions was indeed the best and deepest of the trilogy...

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:23 am
Squee

The Dark Shape wrote:
Magnus101 wrote:

Well they took out the pretentious speeches and replaced them with corny one-liners. Fair trade.

:glare:

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:26 am
Extraordinary

bradley witherberry wrote:
The Dark Shape wrote:
Magnus101 wrote:

Well they took out the pretentious speeches and replaced them with corny one-liners. Fair trade.

Yes, but it was the corn of the highest quality...

Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:16 pm
htm

Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:19 pm
You must have big rats

C+/B- seems appropriate.

Glad to hear you finally came to appreciate it more! :D

Last edited by Dr. Lecter on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
htm

lennier wrote:
C+/B- seems appropriate.

Glad to hear you finally came to appreciate it more! :D

We don't mention that poster. I noticed the grade and felt it should be corrected. :)

Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:31 pm
Extraordinary

And, y'know, the Oracle. There was the Merovingian stuff which was gold, and the not-so-good Architect bits. I can't think of a single piece of decent thought in Revolutions.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:42 pm
Artie the One-Man Party

Didn't take the trilogy into the direction I expected or wanted it to, but it still managed to attain my acceptance, so for that I give it an A-. Liked it a lot, but whenever I think of this, I think of Revolutions, and I get angry.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:03 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Matrix Reloaded is a fantastic movie. A terrific break from the standard dumb action fare, and proof that a movie can be intellectual and have terrific action at the same time. MR works so well because it can appeal to those looking for a standard action flick, yet offers more layers for those that want to dig deeper.

I really like the Wachowski brothers style of filmmaking, and took note of them when I saw Bound when it was released in the theaters. Matrix Reloaded did not disappoint me in the least, and I think was a slight better than the original. The Matrix trilogy is at the top of my favorite movie list, and MRel would be my favorite of the three.

A+

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:11 pm
Artie the One-Man Party

Sadly, I finally read an article on this whole Larry/transsexual thing, and it makes me really sad and awkward. I'm going to look at the 2 sequels in a whole new light now, seeing he's probably one of the major reasons they took this drastic change in atmosphere from the first.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:48 pm
You must have big rats

Matrix Reloaded is a fantastic movie. A terrific break from the standard dumb action fare, and proof that a movie can be intellectual and have terrific action at the same time. MR works so well because it can appeal to those looking for a standard action flick, yet offers more layers for those that want to dig deeper.

I really like the Wachowski brothers style of filmmaking, and took note of them when I saw Bound when it was released in the theaters. Matrix Reloaded did not disappoint me in the least, and I think was a slight better than the original. The Matrix trilogy is at the top of my favorite movie list, and MRel would be my favorite of the three.

A+

MRel = Reloaded or Revolutions?

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Sadly, I finally read an article on this whole Larry/transsexual thing, and it makes me really sad and awkward. I'm going to look at the 2 sequels in a whole new light now, seeing he's probably one of the major reasons they took this drastic change in atmosphere from the first.

How so?

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

TonyMontana wrote:

A+

Rel
Reloaded
Rev
Revolutions

;)

-----------------

Reloaded is my 2nd fav of the trilogy. :)

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:57 pm
Romosexual!

the french man wrote:

How so?

probably that whole HELL CLUb scene for one. ;)

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:59 pm
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:

A+

Rel
Reloaded
Rev
Revolutions

;)

-----------------

Reloaded is my 2nd fav of the trilogy. :)

Me = illiterate and stoopeed.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Artie the One-Man Party

Everything has a sexual undertone and sexuality just becomes a major role player in these two films (which I always, even before hearing about Larry/Lara ;) ) thought detracted from the main idea of the trilogy. It just got in the way. I mean...That whole sex scene was just AWFUL.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:02 pm
Romosexual!

Everything has a sexual undertone and sexuality just becomes a major role player in these two films (which I always, even before hearing about Larry/Lara ;) ) thought detracted from the main idea of the trilogy. It just got in the way. I mean...That whole sex scene was just AWFUL.

Because of the crowds humping & dancing or just Neo and Trinity part?

i liked it alot. :D especially the music.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:05 pm
Artie the One-Man Party

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:09 pm
You must have big rats

Hm, yeah, that was probably the only part of the film that was completely pointless.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next