Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Matrix Reloaded 

What grade would you give this film?
A 32%  32%  [ 8 ]
B 48%  48%  [ 12 ]
C 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 25

The Matrix Reloaded 
College Boy Z

Post The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Reloaded

Quote:
The Matrix Reloaded is a 2003 American science fiction film and the second installment in The Matrix trilogy, written and directed by the Wachowski brothers. It premiered on May 7, 2003, in Westwood, Los Angeles, California, and went on general release by Warner Bros. in North American theaters on May 15, 2003, and around the world during the latter half of that month. It was also screened out of competition at the 2003 Cannes Film Festival. The video game Enter the Matrix, which was released on May 15, and a collection of nine animated shorts, The Animatrix, which was released on June 3, supported and expanded the storyline of the movie. The Matrix Revolutions, which completes the story, was released six months after Reloaded, in November 2003.

Last edited by zingy on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:18 pm
We had our time together

When I first saw this I was confused. Then I gave it more viewings and I began to really LOVE it but since I saw Revolutions it went down. Right now I would give a B.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't

Offered so much promise for what Revolutions could have been, but instead Revolutions disappointed. However, I felt that Reloaded was a great movie and fight perfectly into the Matrix Trilogy...all they had to do was make a decent 3rd movie. In concluison, Reloaded is just a tiny bit worse than the orignal Matrix and desreve more respect, espically from the people on the web..in my eyes.

I HATE MICHAEL BAY

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
I'm Batman

Awesome Special Effects and fight scenes but the plot was terrible.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:06 pm
Indiana Jones IV

First time I saw it I was confused...watch it agian and still was. Great Movie except for when they meet the creator guy.

A-

Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Teh Mexican

i didnt like it!, big time boring scenes, and kinda stupid
but my favorite part is the freeway!!, its was awsome!!
the FX were amazing!!

that makes the rating go up IMO, so ill give it a B-

Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:01 am
Veteran

A-

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Exceptional action.

A-

LOL, I found it humerous..not in a good way

D+

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:47 pm
Veteran

jb007 wrote:
Exceptional action.

A-

D+

To each their own :)

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
jb007 wrote:
Exceptional action.

A-

D+

To each their own :)

Amen :D

Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:13 pm
Hot Fuss

D+ too. Sweet Special effects, but it made NO SENSE and Monica Bellucci wasn't in it long enough. Humph.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Bleh. I was not a fan of this movie. A mishmash of jumbled ideas. Nice action scenes, though. D+

Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:47 pm
now we know

Brilliant sequel to a brilliant original! I do not know why this gets so much slack. It rules!!!! The twins are brilliant. The effects are unbeatable. Enough said.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

AFter seeing Revolutions, it takes away from some of the power of Reloaded, but still as a sequel, it is a good film.

The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
One mind blowing sequel!!, 25 May 2003

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

THIS REVIEW DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS!!

There is no way to sum up this film in one sentence or less. Even one paragraph or less is futile because there is so much happening. This is a review that is going to be filled with spoilers so if you have not seen the film and do not want to know anything about it, please stop right here. Having said that, I'm not even sure if the spoilers given in this review are really truly spoilers because you have to see the film to even have a modicum of understanding of what is being talked about.

Matrix Reloaded takes place perhaps 6 months after The Matrix ended. Neo is now basically Superman and Morpheus is quite sure that the war is going to end shortly, it has been prophecized that way. But there are more questions than answers in this film and that is perhaps what is making everyone so angry. When you have a film that offers you a cornucopia of a story and a myriad of possibilities, this is what you are going to get. Yes it is confusing and yes it doesn't end in the most opportune time. But that is by design and if you pay enough attention to the film, you will realize that it couldn't get any better than it is. Let me explain.

The plot of the film centers around the usual suspects and their fight to save Zion, the last human city. Neo is waiting to hear from the Oracle about what he should do next and Morpheus is waiting for Neo to tell him what he knows. Zion is preparing for battle with the machines and then there is agent Smith, who is no longer an agent, but a rogue program and one that has no allegiance. He wants power and nothing but power and will do anything and everything to get it. He is not an agent and he is not with the resistance. He stands alone. And somehow he has managed to copy himself and get into the real world. There is much more to Agent Smith than meets the eye and I am sure that his fate and his purpose will be summed up in Revolutions. All you need to know here is that he is not quite as deadly as he was in the first one but in some sense, he is more deadly than ever before.

What Reloaded does marvelously is tell a story and then flips it around and confuses you every chance it gets. I know that does not necessarily sound like a recipe for entertainment but if you give it a chance and let it all sink in, it may not all make sense but it begins to come together.

MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT!!!!!!!

The most important part of the film is when Neo meets the "architect." The architect is the man responsible for the creation of the Matrix and he is also the man responsible for simultaneously confusing the hell out of us and enlightening us. Everything he says is meaningful and concurrently mind blowing. It really will take you two or three viewings to understand what he is saying and if you want some help with this passage, my recommendation is chat with other Matrix fans, they may have some of the answers.

Reloaded on it's own is a great film, but when you watch it coupled with The Matrix and then anticipate what may happen in Revolutions, you realize that not only is this a pedantic, intelligent film, but it's beauty is all in the story. And the crux of this film and of the ideologies behind it is that we are all struggling to stay alive. We are all better people when we love and that love will either save us or destroy us if used in the wrong way. There are of course many subliminal overtones about religon and sects of religion like Catholicism, Budhism and even Taoism but love is the universal emotion that sees no race, religion or sect. It is the all powerful emotion that encompasses everyone and everything and it is love that will save or destroy the people of Zion. Neo and all of his unearthly powers is nothing if not for his love for Trinity and for her love for him. It is not just another scene in the film when beautiful women want or need to feel that love that eminates from Trinity and Neo, it means something. Everybody needs love and for some it is their doom and others it is their salvation.

Reloaded does have some amazing fight scenes and some that look too much like a video game. I will agree that the Wachowski's tried to do too much but I would much rather a film and those behind it try to push the envelope than sit back rehash what has already been done. Having said that, if you go into Reloaded just for the fighting and SPFX, you will be pleased. If however you are intrigued by the philosophy and ideology of The Matrix, then you will be blown away. This is a film that has enough story for two stories and that is why there is another sequel due out in November.

Matrix Reloaded is an amazing film and one that gets better with each trip to the cinema. I enjoyed it immensely the first time I saw it but after subsequent viewings, I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing like it. This is the best that summer has to offer and when you are finished watching this film, go back home and enjoy The Matrix. You just may have it all figured out without even realizing it.

And finally, this film, this experience is about choice. Everyone has that ability to make a choice. Or so it seems. In Reloaded, choice is what will win them this war or it will be their undoing. See for yourself.

9.5 out of 10- The best film of the year thus far and a true cinematic experience. November 7th cannot come soon enough! _________________ All of our questions will be answered on Nov. 5th 2003! Prepare for the Revolution!!!

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't

Ahhh, I remember when a select few of us, had the gaul to stand up to the Matrix haters at BOM that Reloaded was a great film., and wait for Revolutions.

It wasn't our fault Revolutions sucked.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

It's fair to say that by the time this movie was about to come out, it became my most anticipated movie ever, bar none. Until nowadays, not a single movie came close as far as my anticipation goes. I made sure to catch the midnight showing...and came out very confused and severly disappointed.

Thankfully it was the same story as with the first The Matrix. I rememeber when I originally have seen The Matrix in theatres, I ended up liking it, but could not understand the hype and the acclaim. It took me around 10 more repeat viewings...and it ended up in my all-time Top 10. I seriously love it more and more every single time I watch it. It is one of those few blockbusters that I consider to be perfect in each and every aspect.

Knowing from these experiences that some films can't be grasped in one viewing, I gave it another shot and saw it two more times at theatres and then a couple of times at home. By the time of my third biewing in theatres, though, I was completely in love with the movie. It is not as good as the original and thus still remains slightly disappointing compared to my lofty expectations. However, if I look back now, there was simply no way of my expectations to be fulfilled. I had never a chance to be as good as the original to begin with. The original just had all the innovation, the originality (no pun intended, heh) and all the new ideas which the sequel could explore, but not reinvent. The first movie excelled in every single aspect of filmmaking, thus making an improvement over it practically impossible.

Nevertheless, The Matrix Reloaded is good on its own right and by now I have come to the conclusion that the film ended up being undeservingly bashed by many people. The Matrix Revolutions, while still decent, was a letdown. I am not arguing that. Reloaded, however, is a good and very complex movie that provides a worthy continuation of the story started in The Matrix. It gave us so much to ponder about for months until Revolutions came out. Sadly, Revolutions took the easy way out of what Reloaded has pre-set.

There are many stand-out scenes in The Matrix Reloaded, action and non-action scenes alike. My favorite scene still remains the one at the restaurant with the Merovingian. Funny and intriguing at the same time. The scene with the Architext gave some food for thought for a long time after the movie's release. It is really just too sad that the follow-up wasn't as complex as this one.

Of course the action doesn't really come short here either. The highway chase scene is still my facorite car chase scene in movie history. Simply breathtaking. Overall, I think the action was better paced in the original, but the sheer amount of action in this one makes up for that.

As far as the characters go, only Merovingian and Smith are worth mentioning who both are a joy to watch on-screen.

The Matrix Reloaded is not as good as the original, it is somewhat flawed. But it is still one of the best grand-scale blockbusters I have seen in recent years. It is thoughtful, intense, fun and visually stunning. Despite my initial aversion, it ended up as my 3rd favorite film of 2003 (behind Return of the King and X2).

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Perfection

Last edited by DP07 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:02 pm
Profile ICQ
No Wire Tampons!

Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Lots to like in this sequel -- too much in fact... just like the original, this one is unfortunately about a half hour too long. Still, the aspect I liked most about it was that it came across as the first kung-fu ballet musical with it's stylized bullet-time fighting set to a techno-percussion beat. Despite really being more of the same old stuff, the fighting and action sequences featured some really innovative choreography. Laurence Fishburne rocks once again, and Keanu and the rest do their bit looking cool in trenchcoats, sunglasses and assorted other shiny post-Armageddon bondage wear. The story is complex and when it is given a chance to unfold amidst the mayhem and dance numbers, it is told with an appropriately sombre tone befitting the impending doom.

Once again though I think what scuttles this sequel from being a home run is the 138 minute running time, and the inevitable middle child syndrome of a trilogy. I don't think I'm going to need to see this one a second time, at least in the near future, but it was fun while it lasted (and lasted...)

3 out of 5.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:14 pm
Superfreak

Insane action and fx(though neos faces NEVER looks a thing like keanu reevs when hes flying or fighting the mr smiths after seeing the oracle). a relentless chase with great plot great villains great charactors. this is a movie that totally lived up to the hype in every way. incredlbe

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:35 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I voted The MATRIX RELOADED an "F" for as much HYPERBOLE as this movie created and did NOT live up to the 1st movie by a long shot and anyone that says otherwise is in DENIAL.. Some movie's aren't meant to have sequels and should remain standalone movie's like The MATRIX should've.. And since REHASHED, er, RELOADED was so awful, I didn't even bother with the 3rd movie..

Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

I voted The MATRIX RELOADED an "F" for as much HYPERBOLE as this movie created and did NOT live up to the 1st movie by a long shot and anyone that says otherwise is in DENIAL.. Some movie's aren't meant to have sequels and should remain standalone movie's like The MATRIX should've.. And since REHASHED, er, RELOADED was so awful, I didn't even bother with the 3rd movie..

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:57 am
Profile ICQ
Extraordinary

Dont hate the playa hate the penis chopping Wachowski Bro. BKB is right once again. What a bad script, plus the ending alone puts the movie down a whole letter grade, big cop out, awful way to make someone see a sequel, good thing it didnt work out the way they wanted.

The movie was all about $$$ and not about executing, just one big cash-in. Oh and I cant forget about the most overblown hyped scenes in a movie, that car chase scene? What a bust.

C+

Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:00 am
The Original

Seriously. What a dissapointment. I mean even you look at it as a stand alone movie it is lacking so much. Simple story aspects are explained in overlong monologues and dialogues. A Character is appearing on screen and starts to talk the same over and over again trying to hide the fact that you could say it in a few sentences.
Same for the action sequences. Even I think they have a great concept they are just to long and overdone. The barely braw (or what it is called??) actually a great thing but then it just gets to a point when it becomes dumb and the same over over again. etc....Well the FX were very fake fom time to time but then I give them credit cause they had to to really a lot of stuff.
The biggest letdown in fact was the architect at the. The old sucker repeating the whole movie again in a "I AAMMM NOT HUMMMANN SOOOO III MUUUSSSST TALKKKK LIKKE A MACHHHINE WOUUULD TALLLLKK :" Oh god.
See it had a nice concept. See it has nice visual ideas. See it has nice concepts and all........but all that doesnt help when the execution just feels wrong and poorly done to me

And the main Idea of reloaded that machines can get their own consciousness isnt actually that new to make me jump

5/10

Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next