Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Garfield Movie 

What grade do you give this movie?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

The Garfield Movie 
Devil's Advocate

Post The Garfield Movie

Quote:
The Garfield Movie is a 2024 American animated adventure comedy film based on the comic strip Garfield created by Jim Davis. It is the third theatrically-released Garfield film and the first to be fully computer-animated. Directed by Mark Dindal from a screenplay by Paul A. Kaplan, Mark Torgove, and David Reynolds, the film stars Chris Pratt as the voice of the titular character, alongside the voices of Samuel L. Jackson, Hannah Waddingham, Ving Rhames, Nicholas Hoult, Cecily Strong, Harvey Guillén, Brett Goldstein, Bowen Yang, and Snoop Dogg. In the film, Garfield is reunited with his long-lost father, a street cat named Vic, being forced into joining him on a high-stakes adventure.

Thu May 23, 2024 9:48 pm
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Garfield Movie
The Garfield Movie mostly wastes its beautiful stylized animation on a frantic and tired heist plot that feels like it could’ve fit into dozens of other kids films. The touching moments between Garfield and John and Garfield and his father make up for it partially..

Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:07 pm
Superman: The Movie

A handful of cute moments surrounded by mostly nothing.

And in a year where Hollywood is going to learn a lot of tough lessons, will this be the year they learn that celebrities don’t sell any tickets to animated films? You know how many tickets were sold because Chris Pratt is Garfield? Zero. Hannah Waddingham and Nicholas Hoult should’ve been the biggest names in the cast. Instead I’m just left wondering why Hoult was even cast as John. I have nothing against anyone in this cast but it just seems like a big waste.

I also wasn't the biggest fan of how the animation looked.

C

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:45 am
Profile WWW

The film is colorful and visually appealing, which might keep younger viewers entertained. It also stays true to some of Garfield’s traits, like his love for lasagna and hatred of Mondays, which is a nice nod to the comic strip.

The Garfield Movie is an alright family film but doesn't stand out. It’s fun enough for a casual watch, but it misses the wit and depth that could have made it great

Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]