Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Dumb Money 

Grade:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Dumb Money 
now we know

Post Dumb Money

Quote:
Dumb Money is a 2023 American biographical comedy-drama film directed by Craig Gillespie and written by Lauren Schuker Blum and Rebecca Angelo. It is based on the 2021 book The Antisocial Network by Ben Mezrich and chronicles the GameStop short squeeze of January 2021. The film features an ensemble cast that includes Paul Dano, Pete Davidson, Vincent D'Onofrio, America Ferrera, Nick Offerman, Anthony Ramos, Sebastian Stan, Shailene Woodley, and Seth Rogen.

Dumb Money premiered at the 2023 Toronto International Film Festival on September 8, 2023. It was released in the United States by Sony Pictures Releasing in limited theaters on September 15, 2023, before expanding into wide release on September 29, 2023.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:47 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Dumb Money
I wasn't very interested in this one, but my cousin wanted to see it, and I agreed to go. I'm glad I did. This was a very pleasant surprise. I thought it was great. Completely engrossing. Which is impressive because I know nothing about the stock market. The subject matter is why I didn't care to see it in the first place.

A-

Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:48 am
The Kramer

Great performance by Paul Dano. They did a good job showing how the gamestonk craze affected people from the top of the economy all the way to the bottom.

Only big issue is that its kind of repetitive and this feels way longer than an hour and 45 minutes because of it. It might have actually been better as a tv show (I usually say the opposite!)

I'll give Dumb Money 7/10ish

Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:51 am
Veteran

The main issue I had was that they tried too hard to diversify the cast when the wallstreetbets crowd was more homogeneous. But that’s to be expected nowadays I suppose. Otherwise, as someone who was very much an eyewitness to the shenanigans on Reddit they got a ton right as far as the vernacular, inside jokes, and the events from August 2020 - early 2021. Great performance by Dano. I give the film
a B.

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]