Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bones and All 

Grade:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Bones and All 
now we know

Post Bones and All

Quote:
Bones and All is a 2022 coming-of-age romantic cannibal road film directed by Luca Guadagnino from a screenplay by David Kajganich, based on the 2015 novel of the same name by Camille DeAngelis. The film features an ensemble cast that includes Taylor Russell, Timothée Chalamet, Mark Rylance, Michael Stuhlbarg, André Holland, Chloë Sevigny, David Gordon Green, and Jessica Harper.

Bones and All had its world premiere at the 79th Venice International Film Festival on September 2, 2022, where it won the Silver Lion for best direction. It was released in the United States on November 18, 2022, by United Artists Releasing (through Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer), and elsewhere by Warner Bros. Pictures, with the exception of Italy, where it will be distributed by Vision Distribution.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Bones and All
I didn't expect a cannibal love story to be so moving. This is a beautifully done film. The performances are across the board great. Taylor Russell, Timothée Chalamet and especially Mark Rylance are superb. Rylance's work here is worthy of an Academy award nomination. Given the subject matter of the film he probably won't receive one but it will still be a disappointment if it doesn't happen.

This has some of my favorite cinematography this year. I loved the aesthetic. I loved the music. It blew me away. This is my favorite movie of the year so far and a future American classic.

A

Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:33 am
Superfreak

Watching this directly after The Fabelmans was probably a bad idea :funny: but I thought this was way, way too weird for my taste and couldn't get into at all. It feels way too try hardish trying to be edgy, they could have used any type of issue in place of being a "feeder" but went with cannibalism, which the film portrays as genetic?? unless I missed something there? Never want to see this again.

The actress who plays Marion, Chalamet and the dad from Dunkirk are all good. 

Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:47 pm
Wallflower

Excel wrote:
they could have used any type of issue in place of being a "feeder" but went with cannibalism, which the film portrays as genetic??

Well if they chose a different subject they may as well not be adapting the book. :P

Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:33 am
Extraordinary

Wasn't really looking forward to this but it was actually quite good.

Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:15 am
Wallflower

Saw this again and while I still love it I also might go back to Top Gun as my favorite movie of the year. :P

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:48 pm
now we know

I thought it was very good. It seems Guadagnino might be a good-bad-good-bad director, and this one was a goodie. If so, that doesn't bode well for Challengers. But I digress. Bones and All kept me engaged throughout, and while its main focus isn't very relatable and thus it doesn't go deep enough on themes us normal people can nod along to, it worked well for me as an 80s travelogue, and Taylor Russell is just so gorgeous I was hooked from minute one. It has some really good and intense scenes, and Mark Rylance shows why he's one of the best. Lovely soundtrack, too, though used sparingly.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]