Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Resurrection (2022) 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Resurrection (2022) 
now we know

Post Resurrection (2022)

Quote:
Resurrection is a 2022 American psychological thriller film written and directed by Andrew Semans. It stars Rebecca Hall, Grace Kaufman, Michael Esper, and Tim Roth. The plot follows Margaret (Hall) as she tries to maintain control of her life when an abusive ex-boyfriend (Roth) re-appears in her vicinity.

The film was shot in Albany, New York. It premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 22, 2022, and was released in the United States on July 29, 2022, by IFC Films.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Resurrection (2022)
Well this was... a movie. I like weird movies but this felt weird just for the sake of being weird. If there was some hidden meaning to it I didn't get it. Once it's sort of revealed what's going on I couldn't take it seriously. I was hoping there would be some twist and what I thought was happening wasn't actually what was happening but no such luck. It's definitely different and I give it credit for taking risks but it didn't work for me. Rebecca Hall does give a great performance. There's a monologue that was 5-10 minutes long and it's the highlight of the movie. I got excited because I had no idea where it was going after that and things seemed promising. Unfortunately for me it did not live up to that promise.

I guess I'll go with a C/C+.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:18 am
now we know

Post Re: Resurrection (2022)
I thought this was a gripping psychological/mystery thriller. As I've come to expect, Rebecca Hall is fantastic, but so is Tim Roth and Grace Kaufman. It's not heavy hitting or anything. Nothing particularly shocked me, but I was very much on the film's hook wanting to see how it all unfolded and what conclusions I could make regarding what's real and what's in her head. It ends in ambiguity but it's one of those films that's about the journey more than making sense or having a reveal or twist. It centres on maternal angst and a past abusive relationship, so when all the ingredients are there it's not to hard to decipher. Great little thriller, and does a superb job for about 2-3 scenes of playing on the whole anxiety of having a stalker.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]