Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Sound of Freedom final gross predictions 
Veteran

Post Sound of Freedom final gross predictions
This weekend witnessed a movie pull off the biggest non-holiday 2nd weekend domestic boxoffice increase ever.
Talk about an impossible mission!

How high will it go?

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:02 pm
Hold the door!

Post Re: Sound of Freedom final gross predictions
I think the high 100s but not 200m

The people crowdfunding will get tired eventually

Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

My local theater (single screen) pulled Indiana Jones early (only got 5 days here) for Sound of Freedom, and SOF has been killing it. Probably the busiest I've noticed the theater as I drive by all year.

If a movie does very well, this theater will keep them for weeks (or even a month+) and not get other movies, so... got a feeling not much else this summer will be opening at it for several weeks/month.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Holy crap at 27m 2nd weekend

Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:27 pm
The Dark Knight

Conservatives have jumped on this like flies on a turd.

Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:29 pm
Extraordinary

27m 2nd weekend? Thats amazing.
If it has an amazing 3rd weekend with Barbie and Oppenheimer coming out then this will have one of those historic runs. Next weekend will be very interesting for it.
Now im begging to think if TPOTC 2 comes out it might be peak Marvel levels big.

Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Agree about TPOTC 2. It has the potential to match the original. We are hungry for faith based quality films, and have money to spend.

22% weekend drops from here on out get SOF to $200M
42% weekend drops get SOF to $150M, which is obviously happening

Of course very high weekdays could improve prospects even further.

Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:47 pm
Top Poster

I was thinking Taken numbers would be the over/under, but now that's looking like it's floor.

Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

The racist, homophobic, white redneck conservative US audience has fired up in the last year big time and now has a cultural seat at the table in what feels like forever. Country now rules the Billboard Hot 100. Boycotts for companies supporting gay pride that have actually put a dent in companies' pockets. And this film is the breakout surprise of the summer.

Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:40 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

All the money.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:50 am
The Kramer

$936,662,226

Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:31 am
Extraordinary

https://youtu.be/fXSwdc3zwdU

Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:12 am
Veteran

The fact that the uber awesome boxoffice prognosticators on this site missed the weekend performance suggest that weekday tracking is unreliable. Is that accurate?

Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:09 am

Barrabás wrote:
The racist, homophobic, white redneck conservative US audience has fired up in the last year big time and now has a cultural seat at the table in what feels like forever. Country now rules the Billboard Hot 100. Boycotts for companies supporting gay pride that have actually put a dent in companies' pockets. And this film is the breakout surprise of the summer.

Bingo

Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:03 am
The Dark Knight

Cynosure wrote:

Barrabás wrote:

Wow. I didn't think that a thriller about rescuing children from child sex traffickers (and based on a true story) was neither a conservative nor a liberal movie.

I also didn't think that "racist, homophobic, white rednecks" were what was making this movie a success. :lol:

With the way you two are lashing out at this movie, ya'all might want to take a look in the mirror, and ask yourself why you would be angry that a thriller about rescuing children from child sex traffickers would upset you so much? Your deranged comments are similar to some of the crazy reactions that Brokeback Mountain received 15-20 years ago.

This movie is doing great at the box office and is good for business, and everyone should be happy about that. If you're not, I would seriously check yo'self, and look deeper into why you're having the reaction that you are. Are you hiding something? :shades:

I predict 180mil final.

Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:49 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

The real annoying thing about this is whether it should have an asterisk next to its numbers. If people are crowdfunding it for others to see, and that money is indeed going to tickets that people are claiming and then redeeming at the theater, fine. But we don't know. Haven't the daily numbers that the folks at BOT (and mark66 and Keyser here) accurately track for other films not matched what's reported in this one's case?

This one is doing some very impressive numbers, but what happens when the next crowdfunded film puts up numbers to win the year or even challenge records?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:20 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

GCC wrote:
Cynosure wrote:

Barrabás wrote:

Wow. I didn't think that a thriller about rescuing children from child sex traffickers (and based on a true story) was neither a conservative nor a liberal movie.

I also didn't think that "racist, homophobic, white rednecks" were what was making this movie a success. :lol:

With the way you two are lashing out at this movie, ya'all might want to take a look in the mirror, and ask yourself why you would be angry that a thriller about rescuing children from child sex traffickers would upset you so much? Your deranged comments are similar to some of the crazy reactions that Brokeback Mountain received 15-20 years ago.

This movie is doing great at the box office and is good for business, and everyone should be happy about that. If you're not, I would seriously check yo'self, and look deeper into why you're having the reaction that you are. Are you hiding something? :shades:

I predict 180mil final.
I've been seeing these types of posts all over r/boxoffice. Talking smack about this film = being pro child tracking apparently. Definitely not a red flag or at all cultish.

Personally, I like to mock this film's "crowd-funded" box office on Tuesdays and then sell children to blood-drinking hollywood jews on Wednesdays. But thats just me. Can't be making that assumption about everyone!

Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:35 am
Extraordinary

... nah for real it's getting weird

... I'm not gonna lie I really want to see what all the fuss is (all the people saying this is a story that must be told...) but even with A-List I can't bring myself to do it.

Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:03 am
Romosexual!

This is some shit the mob would do :lol: bravo to whoever came up with this scheme.
Pretty genius. Wonder if Mel Gibson is going to do the same with POTC 2: I’m Back Bitches!

Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:09 am
Romosexual!

publicenemy#1 wrote:
... nah for real it's getting weird

... I'm not gonna lie I really want to see what all the fuss is (all the people saying this is a story that must be told...) but even with A-List I can't bring myself to do it.

Nah even with A-List I can’t support a QAnon nutbag :wacko: :disgust: fuck Jim Caviezel

Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:12 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

GCC wrote:
Cynosure wrote:

Barrabás wrote:

I predict 180mil final.

100% GCC

Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:12 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

GCC wrote:
Cynosure wrote:

Barrabás wrote:

I predict 180mil final.

100% GCC

Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:12 am

MadGez wrote:
GCC wrote:
Cynosure wrote:

Barrabás wrote:

I predict 180mil final.

100% GCC

I think people are missing the point and that’s what frustrating. The movie in of itself are fine, but it is the fraudulent nature surrounding the film: the fake box office, the positive review bombing, and then the reaction much like this that when this stuff is pointed out people turn to, “oh what, YOU have a problem with a movie that is anti-child trafficking l, hmmm what’s does that say about YOU” type of bullshit that surrounds internet smartass Pepe the Frog troll culture. If the film had been released by Fox Studios through Disney like originally planned, none of this would be an issue. Again, there is nothing wrong with the film itself, just the stuff around it and the internet’s smugness around it. Honestly it is similar to people who defended Captain Marvel back in 2019. I remember telling a friend how I didn’t like the movie and his response was, “what are you against powerful female characters?” It’s the same energy.

Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:51 am
On autopilot for the summer

I haven’t read too much, what exactly is fraudulent about it, because it used crowd funding to pay for distribution? The winner of the Kentucky Derby did the same thing this year, I actually think it’s a very smarty and out of the box business model, but hardly fraudulent. Raising 4 million in free tickets would have already been used and it clearly worked as a marketing strategy.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:32 am

I guess fraudulent as a legal term is not the correct way to think about it, but rather how the system pushes for this pay it forward model where tickets are bought by people not seeing the movie and therefore there is a disparity between those who have seen it vs how many tickets have been sold. It kind turns the whole following box office on its head.

Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next