Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Snow White (2024) predictions 
now we know

Post Snow White (2024) predictions

You've got to give them props when they get it right. The Little Mermaid is a catastrophic casting, just a complete disregard for the source, but Rachel Zegler as Snow White looks fantastic and, more importantly, looks like the original Snow White. Even if people get semantic, I think Zegler can be given the 1-2% tolerance and accepted by the masses as the character. Unlike Ariel, who will need 100% tolerance because they're not even trying to make her look the same.

Spoiler: show

Anyway, detoured a bit. It comes out on March 22, 2024. It's three weeks after Elio and one week before Spider-Verse 3, which shouldn't pose too much of a problem as different demos. Marc Webb is a good director (best Spider-Man films yet). Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen. Greta Gerwig writing the screenplay so it will be woke as hell (good for four-quadrant blockbusters). I see no reason why this can't match Beauty and the Beast. The seven dwarves will make it very entertaining and child-friendly, too. I'll go $400 million already.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: Snow White (2024) predictions
Maybe a little more than Cinderella but I don’t see more than 300m

Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:07 am
The Dark Knight

I won't be going but I do hope they keep the darkness of the original, like the queen demanding Snow-White's heart or kicking a skeleton.

As far as predictions go, I'm on the $300m-ish side as well.

Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:34 am
Veteran

Casting is still somewhat stunty but I think $250m (domestic) is safe territory

Algren wrote:

You've got to give them props when they get it right. The Little Mermaid is a catastrophic casting, just a complete disregard for the source, but Rachel Zegler as Snow White looks fantastic and, more importantly, looks like the original Snow White. Even if people get semantic, I think Zegler can be given the 1-2% tolerance and accepted by the masses as the character. Unlike Ariel, who will need 100% tolerance because they're not even trying to make her look the same.

Spoiler: show

Anyway, detoured a bit. It comes out on March 22, 2024. It's three weeks after Elio and one week before Spider-Verse 3, which shouldn't pose too much of a problem as different demos. Marc Webb is a good director (best Spider-Man films yet). Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen. Greta Gerwig writing the screenplay so it will be woke as hell (good for four-quadrant blockbusters). I see no reason why this can't match Beauty and the Beast. The seven dwarves will make it very entertaining and child-friendly, too. I'll go $400 million already.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:58 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

I'm sorry to that girl (not as if she'll read this) but Snow White is supposed to be the most beautiful girl in the world, literally that's the point of her character. That girl is nowhere near that. She is supposed to be so stunningly beautiful that even the evil queen gets jealous and wants to murder her. Gal Gadot is going to be the evil queen. She may not have any acting talent, but she's a 10/10. It will be ludicrous to see them together in the same scene and we have to pretend that Rachel is prettier. There is nothing wrong with casting a Latina but if they wanted a Latina they should've gone with Becky G who is actually stunningly pretty and she also has acting experience (Power Rangers).

Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:52 am
now we know

To each their own, but to me Becky G looks like a prostitute. There's no way they could use her in all seriousness without there being an orgy scene with five black dudes and the soundtrack being a rap album.

Rachel Zegler is a dainty, sweet, princess type. She also looks like animated Snow White, which is and isn't a compliment considering how strange animated characters look - but she sure has the Snow White dimension with regards to her hair, eyes, size of nose, etc., and I'm sure Hollywood will top up her prettiness even further to make it work.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:37 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Hadn't realized that Greta's post Barbie written movie is Snow White. She wrote it with Erin Cressida Wilson (Girl On A Train).

She's not attached to direct her next movie yet I believe but I think Disney can definitely use the playbooks here and benefit of Greta's involvement to turn the Snow White movie into a big event.

If Mermaid could do $300M, Snow White as as Disney's first big animated film breakout and iconic nature to their brand will get a massive push. Could see an upswing if it finds appeal to Barbie fans which I expect it might.

Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Bomb.

Maybe 60m OW, 180 total.

Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:59 pm
The Dark Knight

This is going to bomb bad. Worse than TLM.

Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:28 pm
Wall-E

Yeah, I think this is going the cinematic equivalent to that round of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit covers that were all about promoting diversity and body positivity but included Kim Kardashian and Elon Musk's mom. Like on one hand you're gonna have the Incels complaining "the agenda", but Ziglar and and Gadot have sort of worn out their welcome with more progressive types, and that's before we even get into the clusterfuck of not wanting to offend people Dwarfism so they cast regular sized people and now the community is having a bit of an internal debate on stereotyped casting because it's not like they were otherwise getting auditions for the new Christopher Nolan film. What we officially have is a movie that lacks confidence in who it's for, and thus, is for nobody.

Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yes agreed it sure looks like Disney will end up making no one happy with this film.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:30 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Snow White will bomb - the “seven dwarves” are an embarrassment. No issue with Ziegler in the lead (she’s a good fit actually) - but the dwarves are ridiculous and it will hurt it.

Plus Snow White live action geeks like it has been done too many times over the last decade. Doesn’t have the novelty factor of even TLM.

Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:36 am
now we know

MadGez wrote:
Yes agreed it sure looks like Disney will end up making no one happy with this film.

I don't know if I agree. It was looking like that before The Little Mermaid opened. But a black Ariel really didn't negatively affect it at all. I still reckon it will do at least Cinderella numbers, but probably more.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Quality is a great business plan

Algren wrote:
MadGez wrote:

I don't know if I agree. It was looking like that before The Little Mermaid opened. But a black Ariel really didn't negatively affect it at all. I still reckon it will do at least Cinderella numbers, but probably more.

May be not that much domestic but Mermaid did very poor in OS. It may or may not be due to the casting.

I used to be shawman.

Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:08 pm
Extraordinary

Need a trailer first. The whole not doing the dwarves is dumb but I guess we'll see how it looks. Snow White is literally the foundation of Disney so I'd think it would do at least decent.

Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:13 pm
now we know

Keyser Söze wrote:
Algren wrote:
MadGez wrote:

May be not that much domestic but Mermaid did very poor in OS. It may or may not be due to the casting.

It is definitely the casting but I ain't talking about overseas.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The seven Dwarves are the most iconic things about the original Disney movie so its gonna be weird not having them in the film.

Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Wall-E

The thing with The Little Mermaid was, they stuck by their guns, if you didn't like this new Little Mermaid, stay mad. Here, they're going to try to play too many sides.

And I do think the overseas numbers could be a shit show. Little People in theatrical productions, most notably Pantomime in England is a big tradition (And a lot of the bread and butter for actors in that community) and they're probably going to find it to be Hollywood absurdity.

Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
The Kramer

This is a nah. We've already seen live action Snow Whites. And while the original movie is universal respected, I don't think it would be in any Disney fan's top ten.

Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:47 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Algren wrote:
MadGez wrote:

Personally, I didn't have an issue with Halle as Little Mermaid nor did I think it would hurt it (domestically at least). Seeing a live action TLM still felt somewhat new. Snow White has been done in live action and the lack of dwarves will hurt this among general audiences IMO. Something like $150m (or less) total wouldnt surprise me.

Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:59 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Algren wrote:
MadGez wrote:

Personally, I didn't have an issue with Halle as Little Mermaid nor did I think it would hurt it (domestically at least). Seeing a live action TLM still felt somewhat new. Snow White has been done in live action and the lack of dwarves will hurt this among general audiences IMO. Something like $150m (or less) total wouldnt surprise me.

Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:59 am
now we know

I suppose never underestimate the power of straight, white, able-bodied people to get upset on behalf of non-straight, white, able-bodied people. Having said that, the film did consult with dwarves, and a lot of the dwarf community have come out and said it's fine what Disney are doing, so I'm not sure which way it goes at the moment. I think the fairytale magic will overcome any "controversy" when its released.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:30 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Dinklage kind of screwed over the dwarf actors by complaining about it

Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:34 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

The main thing that will make this bomb is that we already had a big budget live-action adaptation of Snow White that did fairly well 10 years ago.

Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:36 am
now we know

Barrabás wrote:
The main thing that will make this bomb is that we already had a big budget live-action adaptation of Snow White that did fairly well 10 years ago.

That ugly and grey Kristen Stewart action flick? lol. That won't have any impact on this. This is Disney and totally different, and that matters.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next