Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 August 26-28 Predictions 
Hold the door!

Post August 26-28 Predictions
The Invitation- 8
Three Thousand Years of Longing- 4
Breaking- 3

I've seen barely any marketing for these. Shame cuz they all could have done better. Very interested in 3TYOL, but the reviews are mixed.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 am
now we know

Post Re: August 26-28 Predictions
I've seen Beast all over YouTube banner ads for the past two weeks, then one day before the weekend it was Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero getting some last-minute impact digital marketing. Now... it's Three Thousand Years of Longing. So I'd say the marketing is there for it. I've even seen Breaking as a 15-second pre-video ad. But I've seen zilch for The Invitation. It's still got a few days to pick up.

Edit: Speak of the devil, I've just had a 30-second ad for The Invitation with a new format where it minimizes and half of the ad is a "get tix" CTA.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I have the trailer for The Invitation with every movie I see. I'm so sick of it.

The Invitation - 7 Million
Three Thousand Years - 5 Million

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:24 am
Full Fledged Member

On the July 28th episode of Big Brother, the head of household competition had an Invitation theme where the houseguests searched through dozens of envelopes that were dropped on them to find invitations that advanced some of them to the 2nd round of the HOH competition. That episode of Big Brother also showed a clip of the Invitation. In the past movie promotions in Big Brother episodes involved comedic movies, not horror movies. Talledaga Nights and American Pie 2 are the most notable movie promotions. Sony Pictures might be desperate to promote The Invitation on Big Brother.

Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:45 pm
The Kramer

Top Gun is gonna be #1 again next weekend even with the digital release. This weekend would need beastly drops from the holdovers and Invitation flopping to under $5M. I don't see both of those happening.

Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:54 pm
Hold the door!

Thor Love and Thunder is now leggier than DSITMOM, CA:CW, BW and Eternals. It will pass the multiplier of Iron Man 3 any day now and has a chance to pass the multipliers of Ultron, Endgame and Dark World. Clearly everyone hated it, its a bomb and it had terrible legs

Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:11 pm
now we know

zwackerm wrote:
Thor Love and Thunder is now leggier than DSITMOM, CA:CW, BW and Eternals. It will pass the multiplier of Iron Man 3 any day now and has a chance to pass the multipliers of Ultron, Endgame and Dark World. Clearly everyone hated it, its a bomb and it had terrible legs

People were just overreacting. I've said all along that it's doing just fine. I think people were unfairly expecting an Avengers-flavoured gross, a la No Way Home. But when viewed in the right context (as in; among Thor movies) it's done well.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

I hope Barbarian does well, heard it’s absolutely insane and awesome

Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]