Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Joker 2 predictions 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Joker 2 predictions
Mmm I don't really see the need to bump the budget to $150m damn dollars unless the setpieces are extravagant but we'll see!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:33 pm
now we know

Joker: Folie à Deux has added Brendan Gleeson. Now it's a must-watch!

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Here's a short scene from the set in LA on Youtube. Though I have no context on what its about, even seeing human form of Phoenix's character running away from the Joker form is making me excited about this one. It's coming together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD_SNisJ_20

Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:23 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Feel like this is the next viral mega smash waiting to happen. Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn MIGHT be the most commercially friendly casting in a superhero film since Nicholson as Joker back in 1989. The buzz here will be deafening.

Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:00 pm
Extraordinary

First reports are that there are at least FIFTEEN cover songs in this and what will likely be 1-2 originals. One is said to be “That’s Entertainment” from the 1953 musical “The Band Wagon,” famously associated with Judy Garland.

Will be jukebox musicals like Moulin Rouge and Mamma Mia. The budget of the first was $60M. This film's budget is $200M.

If they pull it off it's going to be epic. Seems like a brand new film from the original though with such a different tone.

Best song, sound, actress, actor, picture, director, screenplay, music (score), visual effects, costume, cinematography, editing, makeup/hair, production design seem like they could get some nods and possibly some supporting nods too. Feels like it could possibly break Titanic's nomination record if its good.

If they make her sing nearly 15+ songs in a single movie seems Gaga is going to be a big contender for best actress next year.

The hype OW will be huge but how will moviegoers react not just to a semi musical but a 15+ song musical is another question. I think the virality will be there any I can't rationalize WB more than tripling the budget on this unless they were super confident in the direction it was going in.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/joke ... 235949284/

Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2