Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 DC 2023 discussion (Gunn directing Superman) 
Extraordinary

Post Re: DC 2022 discussion (RIP Batgirl)
What a mess. Joker 2 is the only greenlit DC film lol

Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:30 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Looks like that 90 Day Fiancé cinematic universe they announced will come sooner rather than later.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Heavy speculation that Comcast is aiming to buy Warner Bros. Discovery and merge them with NBC Universal in the next year or two.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

http://tenor.com/search/monopoly-gifs

Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:56 pm
Extraordinary

... fucking mess. Black Adam still in theaters and now they cancel Henry Cavill's return lololol

To be honest I don't really see how a complete reboot will fix anything. This new Superman movie will probably cost a ton and will it even gross more than Man of Steel in the current climate of box office? Maybe but I don't know. Seems weird to give James Gunn all the reigns when TSS was hardly a hit (but was good but...)

Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:06 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: DC 2022/2023 discussion (RIP Batgirl... and DCEU)
I feel a movie about the making of DC movies would be better than the majority of DC's actual produced movies.

Given that Chris Pratt stars in everything, watch him become the new Superman. :funny:

Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:08 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

As... underwhelming as WW1984 was, recasting Diana would feel weird. I'm curious about what will happen but it just seems dumb to throw what worked away. DC doesn't need to be like the MCU, as shown with how Joker and The Batman did.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:52 am
Extraordinary

Given they are doing a young Superman they could very well be trying to emulate Spider-man's success and do a setup of high schoolers/early 20 somethings to appeal to GenZ?

Sounds like maybe they'll do the same for Wonderwoman, Batman, etc.

As hard as it is for DC fans, many of these actors have been associated with these franchises for almost a decade so perhaps a fresh start across the board is really needed.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:30 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

the WB film execs (De Luca & Abdy) gave the Rock go ahead permission to include that Superman cameo in Black Adam :lol: BEFORE Zaslav hired DC Studios heads :lol: before finding out if they even had plans for Henry Cavill in their 10 years plan :lol: They even told Henry to put out that video saying he's back. :lol: what a cluster fuck!

now :D I'm rooting for Gunn and Safran hardcore cause it's time to clean slate with DCEU and welcome the new DCU starting in 2024.

RIP Snyderverse....finally!

Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:32 am
Hold the door!

A hard reboot is the right decision. The DC movies as they are are a disaster, even if some things work about them.

Not a soft reboot either. Seeing any of the old actors will confuse audiences and make them wonder if they're watching the old universe they did not care about

Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:59 am
now we know

This has to be an inside job, lol. Somewhere, someone with power wants DC Films to fail. It is so appallingly managed. Constantly chopping and changing, and killing any momentum they manage to scrape together, it's just too bad to be by chance.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

What an insane mess. Watch THE FLASH and AQUABRO 2 be successful...

Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:56 am
Hold the door!

Aquaman will do decent but Flash will do Black Adam numbers at best

Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:59 am
Extraordinary

I'm so glad Joker is immune from all of this. $1B and Oscars certainly help!

Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

I think they are making a big mistake recasting. Cavill, Gadot, Rock and Jason should have been retained and the while some things start fresh others could be re-directed towards a new direction.

I think the current status (as we know it) will only further alienate audiences and fans.

The fact that Cavill cameod in BA and has now been booted is quite remarkable. This is why The Rock has been working overtime of late trying to salvage BA and Cavill/Superman

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:47 pm
Extraordinary

I give it to The Rock but the box office + Cavill fiasco doesn't help him starpower wise. Better to distance himself from all of this. Gadot following Red Notice and WW1984 also needs a big hit so perhaps leave this whole mess for a while too. Aquaman made almost as much as The Joker so funny to see how much tinkering they're doing on a proven model.

The Rock is best be going back to Jumanji 3 and would love to see a Mummy reboot reunited Fraser + The Rock and company. It was his breakout role and so think The Rock might actually do it if they asked.

Probably a lot of this "reboot" is because current directors + talent are getting way to expensive. WB is in full cost control mode think as much as the fans want these actors their asking prices are not aligned with box office in most of the cases for bankability so they'll probably cut the budget significantly with this approach to appease to the WB leaders. Didn't realize Chapek was consulting at WB already! :P

Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

MadGez wrote:
I think they are making a big mistake recasting. Cavill, Gadot, Rock and Jason should have been retained and the while some things start fresh others could be re-directed towards a new direction.

I think the current status (as we know it) will only further alienate audiences and fans.

The fact that Cavill cameod in BA and has now been booted is quite remarkable. This is why The Rock has been working overtime of late trying to salvage BA and Cavill/Superman

I agree. If the gamble works then ok but if they had just focused on doing strong projects with the current actors I think that would have been the best thing to do for both fans of DC and the casual moviegoer. I think a complete reboot may just instill indifference from general audiences and people who wanted to see actors continue like myself will just be turned off.

Idk. WB will be WB.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:36 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Henry Cavill is biologically perfect, the most handsome man in the world with a perfect body and height too. They will never find a more convincing Superman. Anyone else they cast will look basic next to him.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:41 pm
Devil's Advocate

Well a half comedy Superman trailer set to Spirit In The Sky is probably as far from Man of Steel as it gets

Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:54 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

publicenemy#1 wrote:
MadGez wrote:

I agree. If the gamble works then ok but if they had just focused on doing strong projects with the current actors I think that would have been the best thing to do for both fans of DC and the casual moviegoer. I think a complete reboot may just instill indifference from general audiences and people who wanted to see actors continue like myself will just be turned off.

Idk. WB will be WB.

Yes - no need to re-tread when audiences were happy with the actors - we just want better films/stories and long-term arcs.

With WB involved - Gunn isn't really as all in as they want us to believe as there are too many caveats (DCU is his but not the Reeves Batman and not the Joker etc). Too many "buts" that it won't be easy getting DC up to Marvel level any time soon. This in itself is a pity considering Marvel isn't firing on all cylinders quality wise so it would have been the perfect time for DC to pounce.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:12 pm
Hold the door!

New trailer for Shazam! today!

Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:27 am
Extraordinary

Apparantly DC slate is announced tomorrow. If we are indeed getting a hard reboot but Peacemaker gets a 2nd season.. lol

Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:22 pm
Extraordinary

So seems like a soft reboot minus Gunn's stuff (and I guess Aquaman) since Viola Davis is coming back. Lol jesus

Gonna be weird having Reeves Batman and then another Batman film right after but ok

Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:26 pm
Extraordinary

I don't know enough about extended DC universe but is "Booster Gold" a Deadpool type movie play here? It's good that DC at least has a strategy but they would be smarter to under promise and overperform. They should work on executing 2-3 movies well instead of going too fast with subpar movies.

Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Booster Gold is a show I thought? either way its direct to streaming

Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next