Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Theaters will NOT shut down 
Hold the door!

Post Theaters will NOT shut down
Stop saying they will. America is not nearly as wimpy and scared of a cold as Europe or Canada.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:32 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: Theaters will NOT shut down
Stop saying they will not... The theater closures in some European states are due to the highly contagious Omicron variant.
And because it is so highly contagious many people are sick simultanously leading to shortages of people who can work. Theaters in the USA might close as well because they simply can't get the staff when Omicron is in full swing...
Airlines are canceling flights all over the world now because too many people are sick. Fire and police stations are severly understaffed in some countries and the holidays as a major spreader hasn't had an effect yet...
So even if the states don't demand closures, the virus can demand them...

Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:52 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

mark66 wrote:
Stop saying they will not... The theater closures in some European states are due to the highly contagious Omicron variant.
And because it is so highly contagious many people are sick simultanously leading to shortages of people who can work. Theaters in the USA might close as well because they simply can't get the staff when Omicron is in full swing...
Airlines are canceling flights all over the world now because too many people are sick. Fire and police stations are severly understaffed in some countries and the holidays as a major spreader hasn't had an effect yet...

Majority of those out of work probably have no symptoms, and are being forced to quarantine for 10-14 days anyway. Time to start letting people not quarantine if they have no symptoms, since getting some form of Omicron is an inevitability.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:58 am
Extraordinary

So basically you're saying - the situation isn't bad enough, let's make sure that even more people get infected and even more businesses have to close because of staff shortages...

Sounds like a brilliant idea...

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

Imagine being so sensitive that you have to make a thread about this. People can think theaters will or won’t shut down. Shut the fuck up dude.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:12 am
Hold the door!

mark66 wrote:
So basically you're saying - the situation isn't bad enough, let's make sure that even more people get infected and even more businesses have to close because of staff shortages...

It’s inevitable so yeah.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:30 am
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:
mark66 wrote:

It’s inevitable so yeah.

So you're opening a thread "theaters will NOT shut down" and you want to implement a policy that will make sure that more theaters have to shut down...

Classic!

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

mark66 wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
mark66 wrote:

It’s inevitable so yeah.

So you're opening a thread "theaters will NOT shut down" and you want to impelement a policy that will make sure that more theaters have to shut down...

Classic!

They only have to shut down because of all the people who will be totally fine but quarantined for a long time anyway.

Also I initially was referring to a state forced closure, not individual theaters closing because they can’t staff it. That will probably happen, as has been happening with all sorts of businesses recently with the worker shortages as well.

Last edited by zwackerm on Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:33 am
Extraordinary

I give up... I have no idea how your brain is wired...

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:
Stop saying they will. America is not nearly as wimpy and scared of a cold as Europe or Canada.

First of all, there's no mention of state forced closures...
Second, Quebecians and or Canadians will be surprised to find out that they do not belong to America
Third, by definition, theaters have already shut down in America

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:40 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

mark66 wrote:
I give up... I have no idea how your brain is wired...

Whoa mark can also be sensitive about some subjects. I'm loving this side of you even if it's on zwackerm's expense (my fights with him are mine alone but at times i can see his point, not here).

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:45 am
Hold the door!

mark66 wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Second, Quebecians and or Canadians will be surprised to find out that they do not belong to America

People are referring to the US usually when they say America. Technically Brazil is “America” too.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:47 am
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:
mark66 wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

People are referring to the US usually when they say America. Technically Brazil is “America” too.

Only citizens of the U.S. refer to the U.S. as America...

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:48 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Let me sum up my understanding thus far. Theaters will not shut down but then again they already have.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:51 am
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Let me sum up my understanding thus far. Theaters will not shut down but then again they already have.

I meant I don’t think there will be state ordered shutdown in the US, but obviously there will be individual theaters who may have Aniyah staff out sick they have to close for a week or 2

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:55 am
Wall-E

Oh dear, what a thread.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:29 am
Devil's Advocate

Omicron appears to have super high cases with flu like symptoms. It depends on whether people can keep their heads enough to realize letting this go through the population is a good thing, or if they panic as soon as they see super high cases. I'll say places like NY lock down but some others don't.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:50 pm
Hold the door!

It will be a fast surge I think so even if NY did shut down hopefully it wouldn’t be for long.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:53 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
It will be a fast surge I think so even if NY did shut down hopefully it wouldn’t be for long.

So you think NY can shut down but because it's not part of America theaters will not shut down?

Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:10 pm
The Kramer

Nah. Theaters are dead. All 2022 movies will go direct to Peacock.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:44 pm
Forum General

The fact that ontario has not lockdown shows that even careful places realize omni is now mild.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

zwackerm wrote:
mark66 wrote:

Majority of those out of work probably have no symptoms, and are being forced to quarantine for 10-14 days anyway. Time to start letting people not quarantine if they have no symptoms, since getting some form of Omicron is an inevitability.

That's a very ridiculous statement. It doesn't matter if that person is asymptomatic they can give it to someone that isn't and going to work anyway would be extremely selfish. Maybe everyone will get it eventually but we don't need everyone getting it at once and having hospitals overrun. If it can be more spread out that's best for everyone.

I don't want theaters to shut down either but let's not pretend it's not a possibility. I wouldn't expect a full shutdown of things like before but theaters and entertainment venues would most certainly be one of the first things to have to.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:05 pm
Hold the door!

Did we shut down theaters every other cold and flu season because people were sick with common colds and the flu? There's no evidence that Omicron variant is any more severe for vaccinated people than your average cold.

Literally fall winter of 2019 I had like 5 consecutive colds, including the flu. I know plenty of other people with similar experiences, and we all went to work, school, mixed around, we had sniffles and coughs, it was considered normal until like 5 seconds ago.

With Omicron, vaccinated people are more likely to test positive but only if they start going to the hospitals or dying in larger numbers than with delta should we even consider closing anything.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:12 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

In addition to the common cold or worse the flu, you don't want something else similar spreading about wildly. It just increases the chances of vulnerable people getting seriously ill, not just the sniffles, and puts further strain on hospitals and care facilities. I'd be pissed off if I worked in a hospital that was struggling with capacity because of others' willingness to get ill/others sick because "it's just a cold", thus impacting the care they, and especially those with more serious health issues, can receive. Some of these stories coming from medical workers is just frustratingly sad. Just out of respect for all the work they do, it wouldn't hurt some to be a little more mindful/considerate of their behavior. It's a pretty simple, kind thing we can all do.

I haven't really seen anything suggesting lockdowns. At "worst", some restrictions such as limiting capacity could be considered for more impacted parts of the country. You don't need to shut things down to help mitigate/control this.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

zwackerm wrote:
Did we shut down theaters every other cold and flu season because people were sick with common colds and the flu? There's no evidence that Omicron variant is any more severe for vaccinated people than your average cold.

Literally fall winter of 2019 I had like 5 consecutive colds, including the flu. I know plenty of other people with similar experiences, and we all went to work, school, mixed around, we had sniffles and coughs, it was considered normal until like 5 seconds ago.

With Omicron, vaccinated people are more likely to test positive but only if they start going to the hospitals or dying in larger numbers than with delta should we even consider closing anything.

This whole post just explains how idiotic and immature you are. Anecdotal evidence is not scientific. Also, if you go to work/school with the flu and it’s not because of lack of pto/sick time, you’re an asshole.

I don’t think theaters will close but I’m sure it’s going to mute moviegoing some.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next