Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fantastic Beasts 3 - April 15, 2022 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Fantastic Beasts 3 - April 15, 2022
Corpse wrote:
Was the actress who plays Tina (Katherine something) recast as well? I know she's credited in the film, but why leave her out entirely from the trailer? I *guess* she could just see Newt off as he leaves New York, but largely excluding her character from this movie feels really weird if that's the case.

Been watching the Hogwarts: Tournament of Houses on TBS every week and really enjoying it, by the way. Didn't want to create a thread for it in TV since it's just a 4 episode special.

Apparantly from insiders she's barely in the movie. She's also one of the actors who's been vocal about JK's controversy, JK probably wrote her character out lol

Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:30 am
The Kramer

Seems like the only note they took from the bad response to Grindelwald is "less Johnny Depp." Otherwise it's just the same thing Yates has done for over ten years now. This series really needs new leadership.

Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:54 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

publicenemy#1 wrote:
Corpse wrote:
Was the actress who plays Tina (Katherine something) recast as well? I know she's credited in the film, but why leave her out entirely from the trailer? I *guess* she could just see Newt off as he leaves New York, but largely excluding her character from this movie feels really weird if that's the case.

Been watching the Hogwarts: Tournament of Houses on TBS every week and really enjoying it, by the way. Didn't want to create a thread for it in TV since it's just a 4 episode special.

Apparantly from insiders she's barely in the movie. She's also one of the actors who's been vocal about JK's controversy, JK probably wrote her character out lol

I vaguely remember those reports now. Thanks. She'll probably have a 30 second scene in the movie, seeing Newt off from New York then.

Aaaaaand Rowling makes the news again today, the day the trailer for this film just happens drops... Almost seems like self-sabotage.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

This wasn't a great trailer but just passable. Thus is supposed to be finale of the series right? Feels very uneventful.

Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:00 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I think there are two more planned.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I haven't seen any of these movies but it feels like the series either should've been just about Newt and some new story involving beasts or Dumbledore should've been the main character from the start. They got caught somewhere in the middle.

Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:53 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Corpse wrote:
I think there are two more planned.

:ohmy: And do what?

Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm assuming it's all leading up to the Dumbledore/Grindelwald duel that's talked about in the books as the greatest wizard's duel of all-time.

Spoiler tag just in case (but I think this is pretty common knowledge among many Harry Potter fans). If you're NOT a fairly big HP fan, don't open!

Spoiler: show
Dumbledore and Grindelwald were romantically involved and in love with one another, so Dumbledore was always reluctant in stepping in himself to stop Grindelwald until he had no other choice. There is also a story (disagreement over "the greater good" ideal) when Dumbledore, his brother Aberforth (seen in Deathly Hallows and is also going to be in this third FB film), and Grindelwald where their relationship turns sour, resulting in a duel that kills Dumbledore/Aberforth's sister (Liana? Forget her name...) from a stray spell that strikes her.

(Dumbledore always believed it was his spell/his fault that his sister was killed, which was the fear he was experiencing in the Half-Blood Prince when he drank the water in the cave. And this is a big reason why Aberforth dislikes his brother.)

I imagine this third film will begin to get back on track with the main story towards the end. The second part above was covered pretty well in the Deathly Hallows book, but the film largely (almost entirely) excludes it. (You only see their sister in the painting that lets Harry and company into Hogwarts in the last film.)

Back to these films... The story taking place is currently dealing with the Credence storyline (which, to my knowledge, is original to these films) which I'm guessing gets resolved in this third film. I think this was just added so that more films could be made, honestly.. A fourth film should be plenty to wrap it all up though with the eventual Dumbledore/Grindelwald duel, so we'll see (this is how Dumbledore claims the Elder Wand). The only way I really see a fifth film is if the Credance storyline *isn't* resolved in the third film and it rolls over into the fourth film or something.

Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Thanks Corpse I didn't knew this (I am anyways no a Harry Potter fan even if I like the books and movies). It looks like they are setting up the big fight. Why they hell did we need Newt and Credence in this case then? We spent the entire first movie about them...ugh. Let's hope 4th/5th movie gets made. They should try to wrap this series with next installment though.

Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:28 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm not a fan of the Credence story either. I'm fine with this backstory/prequel series starting with Newt and having him discover Grindelwald in New York and everything, like we see in the first film, but the Credence thing that is the focus of films two and three appears sort of unnecessary.

Could have been nice contained trilogy.

Film 1. Newt discovers Grindelwald in New York. Grindelwald eludes/escapes capture. Newt goes back to Hogwarts to tell Dumbledore so they can make plans.
Film 2. Grindelwald recruits more followers, commits horrid acts, and successfully becomes the Hitler of the wizarding world.
Film 3. Dumbledore's plans for Newt (his prized student) and his friends to stop Grindelwald (for reasons in my last post) results in failure, so he reluctantly confronts him for their duel.

All I can predict with this Credence story is that Grindelwald is using him as a means to take out Dumbledore (similar to how Dumbledore is "using" Newt to beat him) so that he doesn't have to encounter him himself (again, for reasons in my last post). Having a 4 or 5 film plot of Dumbledore/Grindelwald using others as a means to deal with the other without having to encounter/confront each other is a little too much.

Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Also to add it looks like we will not move forward enough in 3rd movie with Grindelwald/Dumbledore dynamics. As a casual audience I would never think Dumbledore and Grindelwald have met before or know each other aside from their statuses. Plus all the "horrid acts" and fear from Grindelwald look tiny in comparison to Voldemort and mostly only heard but never seen. Both movies have thus far failed to reference any cruelty from Grindelwald. They need to visualize the back stories of both DD and GD in Deathly Hollows style, which is stupid when they could have used past 2 movies to do that.

Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:04 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

It’s tired. It’s stale. It’s giving old bread a day from growing mould on 3-for-1 discount.

Sub $40m OW wouldn’t shock me

They better have wrapped up the storyline because I don’t see #4 happening

Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:54 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Corpse wrote:

Katherine Waterston, a classic film industry uber-nepotism receptacle, was supposed to be the next big thing leading lady actress. Remember when she appeared out of nowhere in Fantastic Beasts, Alien:Covenant and that Edison/Tesla movie? Flash forward five years and she’s not even in the trailer of her own franchise. Karma.

Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 am
Forum General

I think it looks like a fun watch and will be there opening weekend. All I want is for it to do well enough to finish the story, and for that finish to be satisfying.

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I still love Harry Potter and will watch this but so disappointed in the direction this seems to be going.

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:44 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Barrabás wrote:
Corpse wrote:

Katherine Waterston, a classic film industry uber-nepotism receptacle, was supposed to be the next big thing leading lady actress. Remember when she appeared out of nowhere in Fantastic Beasts, Alien:Covenant and that Edison/Tesla movie? Flash forward five years and she’s not even in the trailer of her own franchise. Karma.

I know little/nothing of her status, but kust to follow up here... Tina (Waterson) didn't receive a character poster today. And they released 18(!) different character posters. She clearly doesn't have an actual role in the film. I'm betting, as mentioned previously, she'll get a very brief scene with Newt near the beginning and that'll be it.

Final trailer will be released this weekend.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Totally forgot this was coming out in April :lol: I assumed sometimes in the fall

Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:09 pm
Extraordinary

New trailer got postponed due to everything going on. Welp.

Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:15 pm
Hold the door!

Time for Warner Bros. to stop morally grandstanding and release the dang trailer

Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2