Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 THE FLASH 2022: Miller, Batfleck, Keaton....and CAVILL!? 
The Kramer

Post Re: THE FLASH 2022: Miller, Batfleck, Keaton....and CAVILL!?
O wrote:
Meanwhile, I would love for another DC superhero movie, Joker to win 2024 mostly for the mixed signals. :P
It's actually quite possible lol. I'd give Joker 2, Deadpool 3 and Beyond the Spiderverse even odds at the moment.

Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:28 pm
Superfreak

Joker is likely to do very well if its any good.

Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:40 pm
Hold the door!

I didn’t care for Joker but it’s box office legs suggest the second has a shot at 150m+

Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:49 pm
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
I didn’t care for Joker but it’s box office legs suggest the second has a shot at 150m+

Assuming you mean opening weekend?

It will almost certainly be rated R so that is a tough call.

Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:57 pm
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Assuming you mean opening weekend?

It will almost certainly be rated R so that is a tough call.

Yes lol

Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:03 pm
On autopilot for the summer

How many time times has an actor Oscar reprised their role? I can think of Wayne, Blanchett, Jones and now Phoenix. If they can somehow tie phoenix into Pattinson ( and she him up) that might be a smart movie, unless they go for Arkham Asylum adaptation. That’s be golden

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:08 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
O wrote:
Meanwhile, I would love for another DC superhero movie, Joker to win 2024 mostly for the mixed signals. :P
It's actually quite possible lol. I'd give Joker 2, Deadpool 3 and Beyond the Spiderverse even odds at the moment.

With Avatar out - these three do indeed look like ones to battle for the BO crown.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:24 am
Devil's Advocate

Thegun wrote:
How many time times has an actor Oscar reprised their role? I can think of Wayne, Blanchett, Jones and now Phoenix. If they can somehow tie phoenix into Pattinson ( and she him up) that might be a smart movie, unless they go for Arkham Asylum adaptation. That’s be golden

I looked it up and there has been a few more than I thought, Hannibal and Red Dragon, Wall Street 2, French Connection 2, City Slickers 2, Cocoon 2, Arthur 2, The Evening Star (Terms of Endearment sequel)

Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:04 am
Romosexual!

MadGez wrote:
O wrote:

With Avatar out - these three do indeed look like ones to battle for the BO crown.

My money is on Beyond the Spider-Verse :D assuming it keeps the March release and not get delayed

Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:26 pm
The Kramer

I bet Spiderverse does get delayed to June after the rest of the summer empties out. The whole schedule is a mess right now though. Minions 3 and Mufasa are scheduled to open on the same weekend. :funny:

Also, looking through the schedule, I didn't know Anya got cast as the new Furiosa and that makes me a thousand times more excited for that movie.

Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:30 pm
Extraordinary

I'm going with Deadpool right now. The return of the X-men and Wolverine is a big plus and the last two DP both are at $320M+ so feel like we could see a significant bump. Where superhero movies will do well is if they feel fresh and with something new. Wolverine in a comedy is going to be fun and Marvel will probably pull out all the stops knowing that they need a universe reboot so to speak and DP could serve that need well.

Joker though for all we know could pull a TDK over Batman Begins type bump. The first was universally acclaimed by audiences and critics and made $1B+ worldwide as an R-rated movie. Feel Gaga's going to be a strong contender and possible winner for best actress Oscar too.

Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

I bet Spiderverse does get delayed to June after the rest of the summer empties out. The whole schedule is a mess right now though. Minions 3 and Mufasa are scheduled to open on the same weekend. :funny:

Also, looking through the schedule, I didn't know Anya got cast as the new Furiosa and that makes me a thousand times more excited for that movie.

That actually be a good move for Beyond…if the summer schedule opens up :funny:

Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

WB (or at least director Angel Manuel Soto) is now saying The Blue Beetle is apart of the future DCU and not past films. So... I guess it would effectively be the first film in Gunn's DCU. I'm pretty certain it was previously marketed to NOT be part of future plans. Wonder if they'll do the same with Aquaman 2 (although that one seems impossible unless Momoa would return).

Seems pretty clear this is intended to ensure audiences The Blue Beetle is important to the future DCU and not something that can be skipped like The Flash. I hope it works, but seems pretty late to change course.

I would have preferred they delayed it to 2024 to distance itself more from this overly confusing situation it's in.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Corpse wrote:
WB (or at least director Angel Manuel Soto) is now saying The Blue Beetle is apart of the future DCU and not past films. So... I guess it would effectively be the first film in Gunn's DCU. I'm pretty certain it was previously marketed to NOT be part of future plans. Wonder if they'll do the same with Aquaman 2 (although that one seems impossible unless Momoa would return).

Seems pretty clear this is intended to ensure audiences The Blue Beetle is important to the future DCU and not something that can be skipped like The Flash. I hope it works, but seems pretty late to change course.

I would have preferred they delayed it to 2024 to distance itself more from this overly confusing situation it's in.

My guess is the move to make Blue Beetle part of the DCEU is partly political but if it's a good movie, I don't care.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:36 am
Romosexual!

lilmac wrote:
Corpse wrote:

My guess is the move to make Blue Beetle part of the DCEU is partly political but if it's a good movie, I don't care.

I'll go with what James Gunn said. Blue Beetle the character will be part of DCU. Not Blue Beetle the movie. Don't matter to me what the director of the movie says.

Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:21 pm
The Kramer

Can't imagine anyone cares whether WB says its part of the Gunnverse or not since everyone knows WB will just roll it back if they feel like it later.

Superman: Legacy will do well not because its the kickoff of a new universe, but because Gunn is directing it himself and so it will probably be really good.

Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:54 am
Extraordinary

At this point, they should just bring the cast of GOTG together again and put them in different roles in the Superman movie which has their same director so its a spiritual sequel. GOTG3 was so well received he might as well leverage his cast for his next movie to save the dumpster fire he's dealing with.

Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:30 am
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Chris Pratt as Superman is not entirely impossible lol. In fact it seems like the kind of move a desperate studio would pull.

Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:08 am
now we know

This might be the biggest example of expectations killing a movie. By all accounts it's a decent film - certainly nothing horrific like Baby Geniuses 2 or something - but because we all expected it to do at minimum $250m (I was expecting $325m+) it now falls into the bracket of being a complete and utter flop, and something worthy of ridicule. It is a shame because we should have been better box office predictors. We should have known that despite Batman being present it's still only a Flash movie and he's not a top tier superhero and never has been. But we let No Way Home affect our senses way too much that every movie that combines universes and legacy characters was expected to go nuclear at the box office. We never learn; it's only Marvel that has these high highs, DC has low lows, and we shouldn't still be making these mistakes. We're the ones worthy of ridicule as we couldn't see it coming.

The Flash will still double Shazam! Fury of the Gods' box office gross, so it's not a total failure. Again, it's expectations that make us think it is. It is a disappointment, though, I have to admit. But I'm trying to not let that affect my overall feeling of the movie - I haven't seen it yet but I plan to in a couple of weeks when showtimes are few and auditoriums are empty.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:20 am
Profile WWW

Idk I would call it a total failure to limp to $100M domestic when it has a $200M budget before marketing. It's looking at no more than $300M worldwide. $200M production budget, let's be conservative and say $100M marketing, theatres take 50% of the box office... that's a $150 million loss. No one buys DVDs anymore so can't recoup that way, and HBO Max or whatever it's called now is winding down as they license properties to Netflix, so probably won't see a spike of subscribers to make up the $$$ there either.....

Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:03 pm
Devil's Advocate

100-110 would be bad if it was the Flash on its own, but the multiverse thing clearly was to build this as bigger event for DC, much like putting Kang in Ant Man 3 made that performance look worse.

The superhero boat sinking and Miller compounded it but the whole plan is just a mess, Reeves Batman existing separately from the Keaton/Affleck, building the No Way Home attempt around the Flash who hadn't had his own movie yet, already moving onto Gunn before this came out, etc. DC trying to be like Marvel has failed miserably and now they seem to be doubling down on that plan, can argue they're better off just leaning into what worked in the Joker and The Batman which giving directors more creative freedom than they get with Marvel.

Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:18 pm
now we know

Shack wrote:
The superhero boat sinking and Miller compounded it but the whole plan is just a mess, Reeves Batman existing separately from the Keaton/Affleck, building the No Way Home attempt around the Flash who hadn't had his own movie yet, etc. DC trying to be like Marvel has failed miserably and now they seem to be doubling down on that plan, can argue they're better off just leaning into what worked in the Joker and The Batman which giving directors more creative freedom than they get with Marvel.

Agreed

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Hmm, both Superman and Lois lane have been cast, and no one even has talked about it. It’s very odd recasting him, when he could have potentially appeared in 2 films in the last year. It’s be like announcing the new Bond before No Time to Die’s opening weekend.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:23 pm

The new Superman looks like the value village straight to DVD version of Henry Cavill lmao. And the girl also looks like a discount version of Amy Adams. This is already a disaster.

Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:28 pm
Romosexual!

Barrabás wrote:
The new Superman looks like the value village straight to DVD version of Henry Cavill lmao. And the girl also looks like a discount version of Amy Adams. This is already a disaster.

disagree on both account :roll: :funny: they're going to end up being great Superman & Lois Lane.
both talented actors.

Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next