Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 The Little Mermaid predictions? 
Waitress in LA

Post The Little Mermaid predictions?
What’s your prediction for The Little Mermaid?

Below is mine:

$110-120M OW
$400-450M DOM
$600-650M OS ($700M+ is possible if a market or two latches onto it, like how Japan latched on to BatB and Japan and SK latched on to and Aladdin)
$1-1.1B WW

It won’t be a Beauty and the Beast-level breakout but should at least be able to perform in line with Aladdin and The Jungle Book.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:23 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: The Little Mermaid predictions?
This is an interesting one. Aladdin is the only one of these live action remakes that felt special and its mostly because of what they did with Jasmine. She was never as bad as Ariel, but giving her some extra depth and motivations turned “Speechless” into a shining moment in the film.

Can they turn Ariel from a whiny little runt who nearly causes the death of her entire Kingdom just to fuck some dude she met the day before? I’m betting that they will really emphasize the trans-human aspect of it, but her character still needs a lot of work. Maybe she gives up her voice to save someone instead of just getting some dick?

Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:57 pm
Waitress in LA

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
This is an interesting one. Aladdin is the only one of these live action remakes that felt special and its mostly because of what they did with Jasmine. She was never as bad as Ariel, but giving her some extra depth and motivations turned “Speechless” into a shining moment in the film.

Can they turn Ariel from a whiny little runt who nearly causes the death of her entire Kingdom just to fuck some dude she met the day before? I’m betting that they will really emphasize the trans-human aspect of it, but her character still needs a lot of work. Maybe she gives up her voice to save someone instead of just getting some dick?

Maybe she gives up her voice to save a family member, such as one of her sisters. Or maybe they could even add her mother into the story but idk.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:29 pm
Superfreak

Too bad Harry Styles didn't agree to be in this, potential would have been much higher.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:58 pm
Waitress in LA

Excel wrote:
Too bad Harry Styles didn't agree to be in this, potential would have been much higher.

Hopefully Melissa McCarthy will sell it.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:25 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Flava'd vs The World wrote:

I love how much you hate the original :funny:

Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:02 pm
Extraordinary

if moviegoing is strong going into next year this will do at least Aladdin #s. Hopefully it's good. Aladdin looked like it would be a disaster but it ended up being one of the freshest live action adaptations.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:53 pm
Veteran

I trust that the writers' rooms and productions for all the big budget films had more time to fine-tune.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:46 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

lilmac wrote:
I trust that the writers' rooms and productions for all the big budget films had more time to fine-tune.

You can turn a runt into a fairy without changing the theme no way.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:20 am
The Dark Knight

Excel wrote:

I really don't think he has that much selling power in the movie business. This will sell off of the LM brand alone.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:45 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Excel wrote:

He would have been the perfect Ariel.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:07 pm
Superfreak

Aladdin has horrible marketing until that final trailer. "A WHOLE NEW WORLD" blasting through the final trailer was an epic nostalgic blast for 90s kids that should ben hammered from the very first teaser.

MadGez wrote:
Excel wrote:

:funny:

Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:09 pm
Hold the door!

Harry Styles really thinks he’s Prince doesn’t he lol

Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:41 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

MadGez wrote:
Excel wrote:

Its true :funny:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:37 am
The Kramer

Will a black trans-human Ariel make it past the Chinese Censors? The marketing over there is gonna have the crab and nothing else. :funny:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:26 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I expect this one will get quite the revamp over the original compared to the other Disney live-action remakes/reimaginings.

I'm hopeful it'll turn out well since Aladdin was a nice surprise, but expectations will be reserved.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

After this discussion I want to see how a faithful adaption would look like :P

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:53 pm
Hold the door!

I just hope her hair is red.

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:57 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
I just hope her hair is red.

Black and red, hmm it wouldn't be bad but it definitely cannot be true glowing red like in the original.

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]