Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next
 Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (INTL - #1 WW Film of 2020!) 
Star Trek XI

Post Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (INTL - US Release This W
DEMON SLAYER THE MOVIE: MUGEN TRAIN
$21.14M Weekend (Actual)
1,600 Screens / $13,215 Avg.
Weekend 1 / New
$21.14M Total (North America)

Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:29 pm
Angels & Demons

The movie performed well in Mexico and countries in Central and South America, too. I hope they may release the number soon.
https://twitter.com/KonnichiwaFest/stat ... 45122?s=19

Now Mugen Train may be the worldwide phenomenon instead of being in Japan only.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:48 pm
Angels & Demons

https://twitter.com/Adicine_es/status/1 ... 30147?s=20

Demon Slayer Mugen Train becomes the most watched movie in its first weekend in Spain

Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:24 pm
Full Fledged Member

movie got leaked in playstation store

https://twitter.com/kryptowinston/statu ... 4089962498

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:41 pm
Angels & Demons

Because viewers need to own PS4 and pay for the movie, I guess this will not significantly affect the revenue. Besides, Sony will fix it soon.

To be honest, it is amazing that there has been no high-quality leak for a blockbuster like KNY for the past 6 months :funny:. It is really a great achievement for both theaters and producers.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:43 pm
Star Trek XI

its not a leak if you have to buy it on official mode :p

Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:05 pm
The Kramer

I don’t see it on ps5. :(

Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 am
Star Trek XI

Stupid Sony action.

I am crying a river nor for Sony's sin.

Will they ever fix it?

I'm hoping about the box office about more than $40M for the movie but now......? Charlie what is the chance now?

Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:23 am
Speed Racer

It is only on PS4 some intern probably did it unfortunately they should remove now at least. Is it gonna effect box office?

Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:43 am
Speed Racer

It is not ps5 sony literally keep making these mistakes they're gonna get sued. They should remove it now at least.situation can still be handled

Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:45 am
The Kramer

You can get it on the ps video app too, but only on android which I also do not have lol (dammit apple!) Who knew the one and only reason I’d regret selling the ps4 is because of a movie leak? :funny:

Oh well, would have been a cool surprise for tonight, but I can wait a little longer.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:49 am
Star Trek XI

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
You can get it on the ps video app too, but only on android which I also do not have lol (dammit apple!) Who knew the one and only reason I’d regret selling the ps4 is because of a movie leak? :funny:

Oh well, would have been a cool surprise for tonight, but I can wait a little longer.

How much will it affect is box office in the US and other countries?

Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:54 am
The Kramer

Maybe this is Sony’s way of apologizing to all the ps4 owners who haven’t been able to get ps5s. :funny: :funny:

Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:54 am
Wall-E

MSFK wrote:
Because viewers need to own PS4 and pay for the movie, I guess this will not significantly affect the revenue. Besides, Sony will fix it soon.

The damage has already been done, the movie is going to be up on the internet soon and with anime fans being so used to piracy, it'll certainly heavily hurt its prospects.

I really don't get how this somehow always happens with the ps4 store, it's actually insane lol.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:55 am
The Kramer

Alo12345 wrote:

Very little I’d suspect. Only a small number of people will be able to take advantage before Sony fixes it. A pirated copy might pop up sooner than expected (not sure how hard it is to rip video off a pS4 v pc), but that doesn’t seem to be hurting the WB movies too much.

Worldwide might be affected a little, but its already #1. It was going to come out early June anyways. Will European theaters be ready by then? I’d be surprised.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:00 am
Star Trek XI

Alo12345 wrote:

Very little I’d suspect. Only a small number of people will be able to take advantage before Sony fixes it. A pirated copy might pop up sooner than expected (not sure how hard it is to rip video off a pS4 v pc), but that doesn’t seem to be hurting the WB movies too much.

Worldwide might be affected a little, but its already #1. It was going to come out early June anyways. Will European theaters be ready by then? I’d be surprised.

This weekend, Germany, Switzerland and Austria release. Next week, Brazil and some countries,.... Russia...

When will Sony fix it? It looks like they didn't even know about this situation yet. Very slow respone.

Are the people who want to watch the movie in the cinema will still go to the cinema to watch it (for the experience) despite the digital version available?

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:17 am
Speed Racer

Someone from here should just send any message to sony official Twitter handle or Instagram or something

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:19 am
Full Fledged Member

Its over,i expect a rip on pirate site within hours from now.

the positive thing is that ufotable & shueisha will probably sue sony or get a bigger cut from future seasons. Japan is very very harsh on piracy. and this is a MASSIVE fuck up. aniplex (which is owned by sony) have almost half of the revenue so its a big deal to them as well.

box office on the western world will probably be affected,how much? we don't know. and we'll never know.

also curious how it will affect BD sales

Last edited by KNYtracker777 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:33 am
Speed Racer

I don't know nothing about 500 million now

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:35 am
Speed Racer

How can sony make such a big mistake literally ruining it for everyone.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:35 am
Speed Racer

At least mortal combat and soul were not affected so shouldn't lose all hopes

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:36 am
Star Trek XI

Are there people who already want to watch the movie in the cinema ( for the experience) will still go to the cinema to watch it inspite of the available digital version?

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:50 am
Full Fledged Member

Alo12345 wrote:
Are there people who already want to watch the movie in the cinema ( for the experience) will still go to the cinema to watch it inspite of the available digital version?

anime fans and piracy are one,because there were little legal means in the past.

there will still there be people who will go to the theater,but there WILL be some sort of revenue loss. how big? we'll never know. especially with countries that yet to open in. but most likely within the millions.

atleast it was an amazing run,lets hope for another bigger run (if they decide to do so). with china that time.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:52 am
Star Trek XI

KNYtracker777 wrote:
Alo12345 wrote:

anime fans and piracy are one,because there were little legal means in the past.

there will still there be people who will go to the theater,but there WILL be some sort of revenue loss. how big? we'll never know. especially with countries that yet to open in. but most likely within the millions.

atleast it was an amazing run,lets hope for another bigger run (if they decide to do so). with china that time.

After the $20M OW and very good WOM from the audience, I thought they it would hold quite well on the following weekend, and can finish above $40M, but now? What do you think about those chance?

Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:00 am
Angels & Demons

Don't underestimate too much the cinematic experience. Even if there are leaks in pirate websites, if a person really wants to they'll watch it. The people who just don't have access due to limited theaters catering to DS will probably watch the leak or european countries who will have to wait a little longer. And even if you watch the leak, this movie has incredible rewatch value and could probably push them to watch in cinemas if it is accessible to them.

The audio in Dolby, Imax and even normal theaters is vastly diffrent to a laptop or Smart TV. This is just my opinion

Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next