Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Expend4bles predictions - 22 Sep 

Will EX4 outgross Magic Mike's Last Dance's $26m?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 2

Expend4bles predictions - 22 Sep 
You must have big rats

Post Re: The Expendables 4 - Prediction Thread
Or they can have Lautner is a really fucked up villain, who captures and rapes Stallone's character and the others have rescue him.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

I actually would pay to see an NC-17 version of that.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:24 am
now we know

Talking of interviews; it's guaranteed that Stallone will say this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get all these action heroes schedules lined up so they can appear in this film, even though it's already happened three times.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:17 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

LOL

But seriously, this is most likely gonna be the last one, so kill off a few main characters, please.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:28 am
Profile WWW
now we know

It's a shame that Mel Gibson was used up in the third movie. I don't care so much about Van Damme or Eric Roberts. In order to kill off main characters, I feel you need a really bad ass and believable villain. Taylor Lautner would not be that. Someone like John Travolta would be. Or Nic Cage doing a schitzo performance. Someone with some years under their belt.

I hope Ford isn't in the fourth one. His role and performance were terrible.

One thing I think would be cool is if Stallone and Lerner actually declared this the last one. Then stars might be more inclined to say yes to their offer.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:35 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Sigh. This will shoot in the summer.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

This is going to be even more difficult to arrange now. On top of how difficult it usually is (although there are question marks over how hard it ever was considering three movies have been made), the stars of this series are Stallone, Dolph, Statham, and whoever the bad guy is. Sly has Rambo V coming out in 2019, and Expendables 4 being his next movie would be too close. Dolph is now part of the DCEU with Aquaman so he will be more busy than usual with press and future movies and cameos. Statham is probably still on board, which is a must. Terry Crews is gone. Good riddance. Jet Li is sick and will not feature ever again. Probably for the best. Jackie Chan (a long-awaited and rumoured entrant) seems way too busy and pretty much not interested. Steven Seagal, eh, just no. Find someone else. Anyone else. If not Dwayne Johnson, then John Cena, as the bad guy's henchman. And the bad guy should be in a suit pulling the strings. It opens up who it can be. Perhaps John Travolta or Pierce Brosnan, or Nic Cage doing a batshit performance (that would certainly make this an event again). Kill off the younglings from Expendables 3. Bring back Antonio Banderas. He was good. Bring back Couture, but he must die in this movie because he's definitely the only one that is truly expendable.

One thing is sure, they can't just continue in the same way as the previous movies. Something needs to be shook up. The tone needs to change from Kelly's Heroes to something more serious, with stakes. Perhaps taking on Lone Survivor or something. I'd love them to mention about Terry Crews' character dying. Just mention it. Don't make the mission about avenging him. Fuck him. And the locations need to change. Drop the grey and dreary for maybe golden Sahara and/or Brazilian jungle.

This series can be great again. The fourth could be the biggest of the lot, just needs to be thought about. Oh, also bring in a name director. Someone with pedigree in the action genre. Not some guy that made a decent indie film one time (yes, I'm talking about Patrick Hughes). I won't go into who it could be. We all have our favourites.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

No matter what. The marketing needs to be better. Old guys laughing is definitely not the way to sell the next one. And bring back the R.

There's still plenty of people to bring in, not already mentioned. I too hope it moves in a more darker direction. Almost like Rambo form. Just really go balls out.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:16 am
now we know

Thegun wrote:
Old guys laughing

I agree. The marketing should not break the fourth wall. It should remain in the world of the movie. So, no laughing and being pally with the villain of the fucking movie!

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:22 am
Profile WWW

Who would be a good villain?

I guess you could do Kurt Russell.

What if they did a Civil War type deal where the team is just divided and they end up fighting and killing each other.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:37 am
now we know

Well, I'm a traditionalist in this sense, so I definitely want all the action guys of the 80s and 90s to have a role in the franchise, and since this will most likely be the last one they need to be in it. So basically we have John Travolta, Nicolas Cage, and Kurt Russell as the remaining main action guys not yet to appear. One of them could be the bad guy, but unlikely it would be Kurt as he was just the bad guy in Guardians 2 which also starred Sly, so that would be too similar. Kurt could be good. Travolta and Cage could be bad.

I am not sure there are enough Expendables to form two teams, but I'd be open to the idea.

Personally I don't think the fourth movie will get made. It'll just be thinking ground for fans. The bubble for this retro franchise was 2010-2013. It won't be out until 2020 at the earliest. That's 6 years after the third movie. It's just too little too late.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:55 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I'd like Russell in one of these, but he'd said that he would never do one because it was "like looking backwards".

I still love the idea of Van Damme coming back as his own twin.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:57 pm
Profile WWW

There's Denzel. He and Stallone used to be really buddy buddy. I don't want Seagal anywhere near it. Too bad Val Kilmer is in such poor health now. He could have been fun.

You could also get people like Ray Liota, Will Smith, Kiefer, Travolta. Cage, Russell, Brosnan,Sam Jackson, Chan, And hell you could even bring back Willis, he was always on the grey side of the fence. Would not mind women either.

It would be kind of cool if they did almost like how Rogue Nation did, only they really didn't come through on the premise. An Anti Expendables Expendables.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:41 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Jackson would be good if they had the money for him. Liotta and Brosnan are great suggestions.

Russell has said he isn't interested. I can't imagine Denzel or Smith would do it or that they could afford them.

If we're sticking with the 80's/90's theme: Sigourney Weaver should have already been in one of these. Chow Yun-Fat. Jean Reno. Peter Weller. Would Costner do it?

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:59 pm
Profile WWW

Of Course they can afford Jackson. I think he's not even getting 3 million for Glass.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:19 pm
now we know

Jackson is too associated with Avengers, and he's not really a fit for the Expendables franchise.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

It's definitely too little too late for this franchise IMO. I still think it was a huge missed opportunity not getting The Rock or Vin Diesel in one of these movies. I think either one of them would have worked really well as villains even though I know the whole appeal is seeing action guys from the 80's and 90's in these movies together. The only way I can probably see them doing another one and it working out is if they got Keanu Reeves. With how successful John Wick 1 and 2 were him being the main villain in an Expendables movie could be a pretty interesting sell.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:06 am
now we know

I never thought of Keanu Reeves before. But that's an awesome idea.

Another thing this franchise has to do is stop making every new actor part of the team. The team is done now. Sly, Snipes, Couture, Statham, Dolph, and Banderas. Any new guys (such as Travolta, Cage, Reeves, etc.) need to be villains.

And if Jackie Chan doesn't want to be a villain, I'd rather not have him in the movie. He'll add nothing but cheesy humour if he's a goodie.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I'd love to see Sly try to do something else that would incorporate some of the same actors but non-Expendables related. It might be easier to get some of the "wants" like Kurt Russell or bring back folks who died (like Gibson, Van Damme, etc) if it were an entirely different project / characters.

Maybe like a western or something.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:58 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Sly is fulfilling his western dreams with Rambo V.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:12 pm
Profile WWW

I think Jackson is just about as much as a 90s icon as you get, I mean christ the guy is making another Shaft film this year after 19 years. He would be great in the handler role.

The biggest problem when you have so many action stars so used to being "the guy" obviously no one wants to die. They need to go into this next one and say "we're not the Avengers, we have to Wild Bunch this time" And if they end up doing the same, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. But they'll never have this opportunity again.

The thing about the Dirty Dozen comparisons, in that film almost all died.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 pm
now we know

So apparently, and once again, The Expendables 4 (stylized as The Expend4bles) was at CinemaCon. It was there last year as well so don't get too excited. But it's nice to see that there's still a pulse to its marketing activity. It's supposed to come out this year but if I'm correct and it didn't come out last because of its Russia-adjacent nuclear storyline, then I don't see how that situation has improved this year either. So I'm hopeful but not optimistic that it comes out in 2023.

A poster of names was released yesterday, and 50 Cent is second-billed :grrr: that hardly bodes well for it. Are we looking at an eventual dump on a streaming platform?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon May 01, 2023 7:46 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Expend4bles predictions

I'll watch it, and kudos on using "Can't Stop", but I don't think the film looks very good.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Yeah, it looks fine...but getting worse than Ex3 vibes in a way, looks cheaper. And it may not be an r-rated trailer, but it's hard for me to imagine the r-rating in it. Not surprisingly the trailer doesn't feel convincing to a new audience I think.

Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:02 pm

Here's hoping many die this time. Apparently Stallone only shot for like 15 days so he could very well die in this one, focusing on Statham more is good too with Fast X and Meg 2 this year he at least will have some more relevance than in years past. Fox looks surprisingly ok, 50 cent looks horribly misplaced as a Crews replacement (Why couldn't they get Snipes back?) Still think they are missing one more solid name in the cast. They should have got Chan and Cena and forget that other weird movie they made with the same director.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next