Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Predict Disney Re-Relases (B&B, Nemo, Monster, Mermaid) 
Wallflower

Post Re: Predict Disney Re-Relases (B&B, Nemo, Monster, Mermaid)
I definitely want to see Finding Nemo on the big screen. I didn't see it theatrically the first time around. Actually I didn't see any of these theatrically but Nemo is the only one I'd bother going to despite owning it on DVD.

Beauty & The Beast will probably do great as there are no family movies coming out until February 10th with Journey 2.

For the most part I agree with your order except I'd switch Monsters, Inc. and Nemo around as Nemo is newer and Monsters has a sequel coming out.

I do think they should ditch the 2-week only nonsense though. I'm hoping they won't do that with these.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:35 pm
Extraordinary

Finding Nemo will perform the best. Its popularity is simply immense. It could pass Shrek 2.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Deshi Basara

One consideration is that the newer ones are more likely to have been seen recently by today's kids - parents maybe got the dvd for earlier kids while awareness was prime. So Beauty and Mermaid could have a bit of an advantage there.

Beauty is also a stage production like the Lion King - not sure how much difference that made with TLK .

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 pm
Wallflower

Proud Ryu wrote:
One consideration is that the newer ones are more likely to have been seen recently by today's kids - parents maybe got the dvd for earlier kids while awareness was prime. So Beauty and Mermaid could have a bit of an advantage there.

That's what I think too. Nemo may be extremely popular but it's also quite recent compared to the other classic Disney movies that can be introduced to a whole new generation.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:47 pm
Ocarina of Time

hell yeah!

Nemo is coming back!!!!so excited to catch this one once again,,and Monsters Inc. is a great choice, now that the prequel is coming out, can't wait for them

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:07 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm so excited to see Beauty and the Beast again in theaters. I saw the IMAX re-release when it came out back in 2002 as well. Hands down my favorite Disney film. Also, interestingly enough, this was scheduled for theatrical release in 3D back in February 2010 but Disney pulled it at the last minute and only ended up releasing it internationally. I hope it does great.

I'm sure all of these will do well, especially Beauty and the Beast and Finding Nemo.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:23 pm
Profile YIM
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie, and having the chance to see it in theaters is wonderful.

I really like the other three films, too, and would probably go see them as well.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

So they are going for a JAN/SEP/JAN/SEP model which should work ok.

Beauty and the Beast is the best one to start off with. Like thompsoncpory I saw it on IMAX in 02 and it was fantastic.

Now why no Aladdin?? Surely that should have come before Nemo.

Little Mermaid is interesting because they did re-release it in 1997 (8 years after its first release). The re-release will come 16 years after that re-release - amazing how time flies. Mermaid is after all the one that kicked off Disney animation's 90s renaissance.

I agree with Magnus on the ranking:

1. Beauty and the Beast - $60-$80m
2. Little Mermaid - $45-$65m
3. Finding Nemo - $45-$65m
4. Monsters Inc - $30-$45m

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]