Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Don't Worry Darling Predictions 
Hold the door!

Post Don't Worry Darling Predictions
Star studded cast and Harry Styles at the center. Lavish period production thriller. In a year where most Warner productions are going straight to HBO, this is going theatrical in September.

Thinking 30 some opening and legs depending on if it's good

Mon May 02, 2022 12:16 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Don't Worry Darling Predictions
This could go either way with its box office prospects but it certainly looks intriguing. I'm very much looking forward to it. Really loved Wilde's Booksmart. That and Midsommar were my favorites of 2019. Funnily enough one was written/directed by Wilde and the other starred Pugh. Here's hoping this is a winner.

Mon May 02, 2022 3:21 pm
Extraordinary

Looks great. And doesn't really mean that much but it's trending#2 on Twitter US, most likely due to Harry Styles. Will open well I expect.

Mon May 02, 2022 3:40 pm
Devil's Advocate

Looks like it could be a hit, I think whatever Truman Show/Stepford Wives type of thing going on could play well, and Styles fanbase. I'm glad this doesn't have Shia in the Styles part. If this gets great reviews it would be really impressive for Wilde and make her a new top director considering how different Booksmart was and how easy it is to mess stuff like this up like Clooney's Suburbicon.

Mon May 02, 2022 3:47 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Harry Styles is annoying with his maybe-I-am-maybe-I'm-not ;) coy sexuality stuff, like, it's 2022, just say if you like dick and move on. And his music is nowhere near as good as his extensive PR wants us to think it is. I also don't think he's a draw. The only pop stars turned musicians who are legitimate draws are Eminem (8 Mile) and Gaga.

This type of film usually flops. I don't see it making much more than $20M total. Olivia Wilde seems to have accomplished the unlikely transition from C list actress to credible director with her debut, but this looks much more ambitious than a high school comedy and the trailer looks ehh.

Mon May 02, 2022 4:57 pm
Romosexual!

So glad I drafted this movie :D looks great

Mon May 02, 2022 8:48 pm
Wallflower

New trailer is better than the first. Seriously wonder how this will do at the box office though. I would say 20-35 Million. Weird looking movies don't usually do great. It has a nice cast though and reviews will probably be strong. Plus there's no major competition. Styles fans will give it a slight boost opening weekend but they'll probably hate it.

Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:03 pm
Hold the door!

I think it will do at least as well as Black Phone. WB are going to market the F out of this.

Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:00 pm
Wallflower

zwackerm wrote:
I think it will do at least as well as Black Phone. WB are going to market the F out of this.

That would be insanely impressive. If it reaches 50 Million that would be great, IMO.

Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:23 pm
Hold the door!

Magic Mike wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

That would be insanely impressive. If it reaches 50 Million that would be great, IMO.

I disagree. It's a star studded thriller and it looks expensive, and WB is actually bothering with a theatrical release when most of their movies have gone straight to HBO Max this year. I'm sure they'd be very disappointed with a 50 million gross.

I think it has a better chance to open with 30 million than close with that much.

Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:45 pm
Devil's Advocate

I agree 25 million opening is more likely than total

Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:13 pm
Wallflower

Well I for one would think it's more than fine ;). Weird movies are a tough sell. Great reviews can help a lot though. So it depends just how good the reviews are.

Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:11 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

I think this could leg it past $60m if good.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:11 am
Extraordinary

Think this can open to like $25m. Buzz will be there.

Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:19 am
now we know

While it's a very good trailer, I feel I already know what the film is about, who's good, who's bad, the film's inner workings, and how it ends. Its framework has been used many times before, so it's hardly original. It's a psychological thriller whereby a sinister/revolutionary organisation (fronted by Chris Pine) is uncovered from within and seen for what it truly is by Florence Pugh. Styles tries to contain her concerns by showing the upside until she can no longer take it because she's just too righteous and principled to stand by and live the good life. But I'll still see the film. It looks well-made, and I like Pine.

As for its box office, it would help if it had a major star (Carrey in The Truman Show, Kidman in The Stepford Wives) but I think it can open to $25 million. A finish around $80 million wouldn't surprise me.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:58 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

So apparently Styles and Olvia Wilde had an affair on set, which lead to Olivia and Jason Sudeikis getting divorced. And now Pugh is refusing to promote the movie because of the fallout from that??

This looked like an easy winner for WB, but no longer. Better cancel it and collect the insurance while you still can!

Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:25 pm
Wallflower

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
So apparently Styles and Olvia Wilde had an affair on set, which lead to Olivia and Jason Sudeikis getting divorced. And now Pugh is refusing to promote the movie because of the fallout from that??

This looked like an easy winner for WB, but no longer. Better cancel it and collect the insurance while you still can!

Well now she's not going to promote it because Shia leaked a video of Olivia begging him to stay on the movie even though he made Florence uncomfortable. Something like that.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:47 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yes it sounds like Shia making Pugh uncomfortable and Wilde being Team Shia might have been enough for Pugh to hate her. Not sure the affair rumor has legs.

This movie is definitely boom or bust. But would they be releasing it in Venice if it was an all time turkey?

Why did she even believe in Shia so much for this role? It seems like someone put together like Styles is a good fit for that environment.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:48 pm
now we know

I always knew Olivia Wilde was poison. She's just a nasty person that will trample on anyone for success. She's the type that has "principles" until it becomes inconvenient to her, but she still fully expects everyone else to uphold them.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I hope this ends up being great to counter the bad press.

Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:29 am
The Dark Knight

I saw the clip of Harry's acting and it looks pretty subpar. Looks like Florence will have to carry this.

I'm expecting a $15m OW for a $35-40m total.

Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:13 am
Wallflower

Cynosure wrote:
I saw the clip of Harry's acting and it looks pretty subpar. Looks like Florence will have to carry this.

Yeah one instance I heard Tommy Wiseau. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to release that clip.

Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:46 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Why are they trying to make Harry a thing? His appearance and role in the MCU is cringe. He had a nothing role in Dunkirk really.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:38 pm
The Kramer

Because millions of women squeal for him. His drawing power and the goodwill from Olvia's Booksmart were the main reason I predicted so high for this .Whoops!

I found out that Olivia and Jason were never married, but they do have kids together, and the affair did allegedly start while they were still together. She's going to be the bad guy in all this even though Harry is a homewrecker too.

The Shia thing is super weird too. Dude hasn't been in a big movie in so long and yet Olivia damages her career for him?

Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:50 pm
now we know

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
She's going to be the bad guy in all this even though Harry is a homewrecker too.

! ! tRiGgErEd ! ! ;)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next