Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Grammys 2024 - Nominations Are Here 
The Kramer

Post Grammys 2024 - Nominations Are Here
I guess they changed the eligibility period again to a September 15th cutoff. This is actually very significant this year as it means that Doja Cat's album will have to wait till next year when it would have probably been nominated for the 3 big prizes this year (Paint the Town Red still might but I bet they just wait till 2025 to award her.) Also changed is the amount of nominees, from 10 last year back down to 8 this year.

Tons of heavy hitters for album of the year, but you could have said that last year only to watch Adele, Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar all lose to Harry Styles of all people. And the year before had Jon Batiste taking out the likes of Billie Eilish, Olivia, Taylor, HER, etc... It's become the hardest awards show to predict as they seem to nominate albums based on getting higher ratings, but then just say fuck it we're gonna award whatever we want.

So my predictions are:

Taylor Swift - going for the record. No performer has ever won 4 album of the years.
SZA - grammys have been r&b crazy lately so I think this is the most likely winner

-these are the two favorites. Will either of them win or be upset by something random again?

As for the rest:

Olivia Rodrigo - in revenge mode
Foo Fighters - in grief mode
Jon Batiste - they clearly love the guy
Miley Cyrus - this type of pop album always gets a nom
Luke Combs - country was the biggest genre of the year on billboard. I think the grammys will respond most to the Fast Car remake as they have already nominated that song in the past. Luke will also benefit from not being controversal like Morgan Wallen or Jason Aldean. Zach Bryan is another contender but I'm not sure his album made the deadline?
Nas - They need a random older artist and some hip-hop to prove they aren't racist for the last spot. This would be the best choice and he has 3 albums to choose from

Nominations are announced in November.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:13 pm
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Grammys 2024
Probably will cement the year of Taylor

Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:56 pm
The Kramer

Noms are out. Pretty boring as usual though there weren't any huge snubs that I can see. Aside from the entire genres of Rock, hip-hop and country being completely ignored in the big categories.

Album:

John Batiste
Boygenius
Miley Cyrus
Lana Del Ray
Janella Monae
Olivia Rodrigo
Taylor Swift
SZA

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Record and song are mostly the same people but with some Barbie songs swapped in.

Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:08 pm
Devil's Advocate

Too much pop - should have nominated Zach Bryan.

Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:23 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Grammys 2024 - Nominations Are Here
Taylor will probably take it but I do think country would be what pulls the upset. It was just so dominant this year.

Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:38 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

O wrote:
Taylor will probably take it but I do think country would be what pulls the upset. It was just so dominant this year.
Nah, haven't you heard that pop and soul music are the only two genres that exist?

Awesome that Spiritbox got nominated for Metal Performance though! What a great week for them with the EPs release, the Megan Thee Stallion collaberation and now the chance to be the first ever female lead band to win a grammy for metal.

Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:04 am
The Kramer

It is grammy night! Will Taylor be crowned the most acclaimed artist of all time tonight?

I doubt it. Feels like she has been a little too overexposed lately, and Midnights just feels so damn old at this point (hopefully grammys will eventually just do a Jan-Dec eligibility period so we don't have to deal with it.) SZAs (whose album is also really old now) has to be the heavy favorite to win all the big ones ... but I could see Lana or Boygenius pulling an upset in one of them.

I'll be rooting for Guts but will be happy for Taylor is she wins obviously. And though I don't really love R&B genre, SZAs album is pretty good and has a lot of different sounding songs in it.

Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:21 pm
The Kramer

Some genre wins:

Rock - Paramore
Rap - Killer Mike
Alternative - Boygenius
Dance - Fred Again

These should all be on the main show though. Grammys need to embrace the awards aspect more.

Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:56 pm
The Kramer

Taylor wins again! Guess there is no such thing as overexposure for her. First one to ever get four album of the year awards!

Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:31 am
Devil's Advocate

Much like Gen Z’s music taste, liking Taylor Swift is the one thing the Grammys get right

Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:00 am
100% That Bitch

Omg Midnights was not an AOTY worthy album but whatevs

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]