Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 New music / What do you think? 
Extraordinary

Post Re: New music / What do you think?
I've always been a casual Drake fan but this album is forgettable on first listen. Hmmm

Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:02 pm
100% That Bitch

Ugh, Drake is about to have the biggest album bomb on the charts with a medioxre album isn't he?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:57 pm
100% That Bitch

So Drake is gonna have 11 out of the top 12 and is debutting 17 songs inside the top 25. That has to be a record, right?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:13 am
100% That Bitch

Fancy Like is a fucking smash and rhe upxoming #1

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:42 am
100% That Bitch

Omg lil nas x made me cry.

I wish i had someone like him to look up when i was young and show me theres nothing wrong with being a gay ass bitch

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:31 am
100% That Bitch

Why is Flava not jerking off to Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Versión) yet?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:21 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

He still hasn't taken out Halsey from his mouth I guess?

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:17 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mau wrote:
Omg lil nas x made me cry.

I wish i had someone like him to look up when i was young and show me theres nothing wrong with being a gay ass bitch

Indeed. I'm not into his music very much (though I need to listen to MONTERO still), but yeah. Looking back just 10 years ago (and especially 15-20 years ago), there were no really mainstream gay artists. Being gay was still being used in derogatory ways in media, too.

You had your legend status gay artists like Elton John or George Michael, of course, but they always were sort of above it all. (And almost always used by people 5-10+ years ago as their go to example of "liking' gay singers, which is sad as people could really only name TWO artists' names unless they said Queen (rarely naming Freddie Mercury himself.)

Then you had the younger late 90s/early 00s artists like Lance Bass, Ricky Martin, or Mika, but none of them even came out until years later, usually AFTER they were in the mainstream. Talent show gay singers like Clay Aiken (who came out very late) and Adam Lambert weren't really open either. Lambert was never really in the closet, but he was always one foot in until a bit after Idol.

I really can't think of any big name gay artist in the mainstream that was out and open about it when I was growing up. Not an old artist or one that came out years and years later, but ones that were out and open and actually singing about things that other gay boys/men could relate to.

Again, mostly meh on Lil Nas X's music itself, but big fan of him and crazy that someone like him just wouldn't have been around 5-10 years ago. We'll see a lot more gay artists this decade and beyond thanks to him. And we're seeing male contestants on talent shows now who are open. It's finally normal. It shouldn't come a surprise, but it STILL does for me when I hear a guy mentions their boyfriend or husband in interviews or when they're talking with the judges/hosts and such not just on talent shows, but TV in general. You just didn't hear anyone do that until recently.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Montero is actually a very solid and personal album, happy for him. I know if he was around when I was a teenager I'd be in awe. He could've been a one hit wonder but he managed to be even bigger than OTR.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:35 pm
The Kramer

Mau wrote:
Why is Flava not jerking off to Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Versión) yet?
Was in chicago and have not heard any of friday’s releases yet! Will get to em tonight or tomorrow.

Why is Wildest Dreams being used to promote the Red remake though?

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:41 pm
Extraordinary

Wildest Dreams got released because it got a surge from a Tik Tok trend and Taylor wanted to capitalize on it lol

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Listened to MONTERO. Pretty good. Totally was not expecting this from Lil Nas X post Old Town Road.

Top 5 favorites upon first listen:

1. Am I Dreaming
2. Sun Goes Down
3. Lost in the Citadel
4. That's What I Want
5. MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Love the way Taylor sings the opening "let's" on the Wildest Dreams remake, but the rest sounds pretty much the same.

The streak of great albums that started back in August has continued on though, thanks to Spiritbox! They are a bit heavier than the symphonic metal that I know some (maybe just one) like around here, but I think there's potential for others to like them.

Here's a song without any screaming!

I don't see anyone I like releasing tonight, so somebody new is gonna have to keep the streak going.

Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:53 pm
100% That Bitch

Ghost by Bieber is gonna explode

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:33 pm
The Kramer

Shane Bieber pitcher 3 perfect innings yesterday, but obviously isn’t ready to come back yet. Indians aren’t making the playoffs this year anyways though. Next year, with Bieber, Civale, Quantrill, Plesac and McKenzine- it’s their opponents who will become ghosts. And they will be sorry they ever stepped into the batter’s box.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:06 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Love the way Taylor sings the opening "let's" on the Wildest Dreams remake, but the rest sounds pretty much the same.

The streak of great albums that started back in August has continued on though, thanks to Spiritbox! They are a bit heavier than the symphonic metal that I know some (maybe just one) like around here, but I think there's potential for others to like them.

Here's a song without any screaming!

I don't see anyone I like releasing tonight, so somebody new is gonna have to keep the streak going.

I like it. Post more of your favorites of Spiritbox here if you like. Symphonic Metal may be my favorite genre, but I certainly enjoy heavier acts too. If what I'm expecting to hear, I'll surely enjoy them.

In This Moment is a band I enjoy a lot (just began their delayed In-Between Tour with Black Veil Brides), so if they're anything like this, share away!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:27 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

In This Moment are at almost all the rock festivals I go to. Hopefully Spiritbox can get onto their level soon. I'll be seeing them live in March, but since they're opening for Underoath and Every Time I Die, I doubt they will get more than 30 minutes. After the billboard charts this week (13 is very impressive for rock these days), I think those two bands might be opening for Spiritbox in the near future!

Those are the other singles from the new album, but my favorite is from their first album, called Aphids and it is Very Heavy. :lol: Courtney LaPlante has one of the best screams in the business right now.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:12 pm
100% That Bitch

Adele is coming.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:02 pm
The Kramer

Coldplay are #1!

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:05 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
In This Moment are at almost all the rock festivals I go to. Hopefully Spiritbox can get onto their level soon. I'll be seeing them live in March, but since they're opening for Underoath and Every Time I Die, I doubt they will get more than 30 minutes. After the billboard charts this week (13 is very impressive for rock these days), I think those two bands might be opening for Spiritbox in the near future!

Spoiler: show

Those are the other singles from the new album, but my favorite is from their first album, called Aphids and it is Very Heavy. :lol: Courtney LaPlante has one of the best screams in the business right now.

Spoiler: show

Of these, I liked Hurt You the most. I checked out a dozen or so songs this week. Of those, Rule of Nines and Holy Roller are my favorites. I'll keep listening to more.

Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Holy Roller is so badass. :shades: :shades:

Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:36 pm
The Kramer

Ice Nine Kills are definitely an acquired taste, but they are so much fun to listen to. The new album felt like an event, and did not disappoint. Even though their gimmick is adapting horror movies into songs, I think the one 'original' on the album is my favorite of the new songs. Does a great job of setting up the concept and that hook is infectously catchy.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:41 pm
The Kramer

Feels like there is no hype for Sheeran's new album. Singles haven't been up to his usual standards, this is true, but Bad Habits has been performing well enough.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:16 pm
Hold the door!

No. 6 Collaborations Project had little hype as well.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:55 pm
The Kramer

N6CP was alot better in my opinion. There are some good songs on =, but the whole thing feels kinda lazy.

Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next