Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Ashlee Simpson is a hypocrite 
Veteran

Post Ashlee Simpson is a hypocrite
I know this thread might get a few strong reactions out of some (sorry, Pink), but does anyone else think Ashlee Simpson is a hypocrite? First I will say I do think she has some talent, so that's not the issue.

She would no career if not for her sister, but that's OK. I'm all for using connections to benefit yourself. But when you have a song like 'Shadow' where you whine about being a second rate sibling and not wanting to be in the shadow anymore, but use that very song to further your career, well it's just hypocritical. I think she does a nice job with the song, but it just bugs me.

Also, I know she's trying to carve out her own musical identity and style apart from Jessica, but it just seems all very....contrived. But I guess you could say that of about 95% of all young pop artists.

Anyway, I just wanted to gripe about that.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I sort of agree. I mean she has her sister to thank for her success, but o well. She has made it in the music world so....

Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:26 pm
La Bella Vito

I sort of agree. I mean she has her sister to thank for her success, but o well. She has made it in the music world so....

I hate people saying that crap. It's getting old. Come up with another excuse please. :roll:

Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:

I hate people saying that crap. It's getting old. Come up with another excuse please. :roll:

Last time I checked it wasnt an excuse :? :wink:

Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:13 am
The Incredible Hulk

Who cares who's the reason for her success... She certainly has good enough voice for me... :wink:

Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

Yea, I agree somewhat. I really don't like her to begin with, but she does owe her sister for her success.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:03 pm
Profile YIM
rustiphica

Usualy people with mediocre talent don't get that far. Look at britney spears, her singing sucks, but she looks good and she can dance so it all even outs. Ashlee has a big sister who just happends to be hugely popular and she's got mediocre talent so why not.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:05 pm
Veteran

I think it's great she's successful. I just think with the song 'Shadow' she's biting the hand that feeds her.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

her songs are mediocre, her voice is flimsy and her act is dull. I dont understand the secret to her success APART from a famous sibling

Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

her songs are mediocre, her voice is flimsy and her act is dull. I dont understand the secret to her success APART from a famous sibling

well the only so-called secret to her success would be because of her famous sibling. She would have never been able to go into music if it wasn't for Jessica. Hell if it wasn't for Jessica she'd still be doing 7th heaven and that's all she'd be known for.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:17 pm
Full Fledged Member

Britney is hotter than them both added together though.

B.T.W Ive heard Britney Live playing the piano and her voice is nowhere near as bad as some people make out. They shouldnt proccess her so much on the records

Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

Jessica is stunning.

B.T.W Ive heard Britney Live playing the piano and her voice is nowhere near as bad as some people make out. They shouldnt proccess her so much on the records

They process her so much because her voice is weak. Her voice is not nearly as strong as Christina Aguilera's.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

mikepepsi wrote:
Jessica is stunning.

They process her so much because her voice is weak. Her voice is not nearly as strong as Christina Aguilera's.

Noone said it was, but she is leaps and bounds better than ashlee :wink:

Hehe :D

Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:14 pm
Commander and Chef

heres really the answer for why people are successful even though theyre not good. Its one word: Marketing.

The song i- marketing
her family ties - marketing
Looks - marketing
age - marketing

everyone uses marketing .. even people who are good.
some just get more.

Finally what sells is marketing, not the act .. the act helps you stay rememberd.

I still havent heard Ashlee so I cant comment on her .. then again, I dont plan on.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]