Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Music that pisses you off 
Some days I'm a super bitch

Post Music that pisses you off
Since a lot of people on this site have varying, um, definitions when it comes to taste, I thought I'd start a thread to let everyone vent and go at each other's throats. :wink:

Seriously, there is just so much crap on the radio I feel as if my speakers are going to blow! Yeah, it is all just sooo crappy that the steam is about to force the plastic to melt!

Here are three dities that make me reach for the pepto:

Shania Twain & Mark McGrath - "Party For Two"

I don't know about you guys in the US, but this musical bowel-movement has been contaminating the airwaves in Canada for weeks! The banter between the two is mind-numbing in its banality and the arrangement is just hideous! And that reminds me; memo to Shania: I know mixing techno and country seemed like a good idea, but I think you should forget about it in the future. PLEASE! For the sake of my ears!

Lindsay Lohan - "Rumors"

Oh my God, I never thought that we'd find a singer that would make Britney Spear's rise to fame seem artisticaly justified, but this track proves me wrong. It's so unfair because this talentless twit simply cannot sing or write songs or even make it with her own breasts! She's just copying Hilary Duff and hoping that she can cash in with the same strategy. I think Tina Fey said it best on SNL: "If Hilary Duff jumped off a bridge would you?" Oh Tina, that would be the day.

Diana DeGarmo - "Emotional"

I really don't mind Diana because she reminds me of Hilary Duff if she had talent (okay Duff-fans, singing talent). But the song and its arrangement is just sooo un-emotional it makes me wanna cry out of sheer bordom. I only recall hearing it the one time, so I think the people down at the station got the message.

So what do you guys think? Agree? Disagree? What music pisses you off?

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:42 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

that guy is out of ideas, he always does the same thing, make fun of other artists

Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:04 am
Forum General

Goodies by Ciara

Shadow my Ashlee

Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:07 am
Extraordinary

Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:41 am
La Bella Vito

Any new material by Mariah Carey. She isn't what she used to be. She's trying to be all hip hop and rap now, and its pathetic. I like her old stuff much better.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:40 am
Profile YIM WWW
College Boy Z

Anything that comes out of the mouth of Avril Lavigne or Ashlee Simspon.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:27 am
Cream of the Crop

PARTY FOR 2

IS BY DEFINITION

DEFINITON!

A HANGING OFFENCE

Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:42 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Obviously some of this i like, well, the odd track to be honestly, but mainly it stinks to high heaven!!

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

any country/r & b/pop music beh!!! crap! crap! crap! and most of the rap that comes nowadays is total garbage *COUGH* 50 cent *COUGH*

Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:32 pm
rustiphica

Anything from the pop stars that are out there and about 95% of rap and hip hop. Leave me with my classic rock and I'll be happy.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:44 pm
Speed Racer

Anything from the pop stars that are out there and about 95% of rap and hip hop. Leave me with my classic rock and I'll be happy.

Amen, rusty, amen.

The specific band's music that pisses me off right now if Maroon 5, I just CAN NOT stand them.

Radditz: "My secret? Well let's just say that every serious fighter starts their day
with Cheerios."

Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

rusty wrote:

Amen, rusty, amen.

The specific band's music that pisses me off right now if Maroon 5, I just CAN NOT stand them.

I can't stand them either. I think the lead singer has a shitty voice.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Here's my take on three other musical bowel-movements (I think I'm gonna trademark that phrase :wink: Pure hilarity!):

Jesse McCartney - "Beautiful Soul"

Man oh man, this thing should be shoved in a time capsul along with Marky Mark and the Hanson sisters and sent back to the 90s pronto! What a STINK bomb!

Hoobastank - "Disapear"

I know they scored big with "The Reason" - and relax, I am not ragging on that song - but these guys are clearly suffering from one-hit-wonder syndrom (O.H.W.S. :wink: ). Sorry guys, you've had your moment, now let's make way for another disposable rock band that has been momentarily blessed by fame's fickle fortunes.

Nickleback - "Figured You Out"

Is it just me or do these guys just recycle the same song over and over and over again? And not just that, but the original wasn't all that to begin with! If it were up to me, these guys would be back in Sudbury playing in some red-neck bar with a bunch of other painfuly average amature bands.

Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

agreed

Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

CONTRACTING HIV IS PREFERABLE TO HIS BACK CATALOGUE

Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

Robbie Williams

CONTRACTING HIV IS PREFERABLE TO HIS BACK CATALOGUE

Classy.

I don't care much for Jesse McCartney's song right now, I wouldn't go as far as saying I can't stand it. (I'm really surprised it's doing well).

Best Actress 2008

Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

BIDS YOU TO BE TREAD CAREFULLY

Rod. :)

Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Hoobastank - "Disapear"

I know they scored big with "The Reason" - and relax, I am not ragging on that song - but these guys are clearly suffering from one-hit-wonder syndrom (O.H.W.S. :wink: ). Sorry guys, you've had your moment, now let's make way for another disposable rock band that has been momentarily blessed by fame's fickle fortunes.

Hoobastank aren't really a one hit wonder. Crawling In The Dark was pretty big.

Anyhoo, that Jesse McCartney song is death. Pretty much any pop act who try to be cool by using acoustic guitars to cover up their lack of talent. Gwen Stefani is another just annoyance. I never really liked No Doubt, and this is much worse.

Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:01 am
rustiphica

Is it just me or do these guys just recycle the same song over and over and over again? And not just that, but the original wasn't all that to begin with! If it were up to me, these guys would be back in Sudbury playing in some red-neck bar with a bunch of other painfuly average amature bands.

Sudbury ain't redneck.

Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:11 am

Cotton wrote:

Sudbury ain't redneck.

Well there's gotta be at least one of 'em.

Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:47 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

The one ahmed johnson

BIDS YOU TO BE TREAD CAREFULLY

Rod. :)

shut up, tramp

Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:23 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

A song that is pissing me off right now is the Jay-z/Linken Park Numb-Encore song, it is utter crap, Encore is a great song, this is just poor.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

rusty wrote:
Cotton wrote:

Sudbury ain't redneck.

Well there's gotta be at least one of 'em.

Ya but every city has a redneck. And why did you mention sudbury in the first place?

Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:31 pm
I just lost the game

1. Rap. At least, a good majority of it. There are a few rap songs that I rally really like, but the rest are songs I'd rather be caught dead than listen to it.

2. Country. Same as rap, though the hate isn't as deep.

3. Pop. Britney Spears is a joke. Mariah Carrey is a joke. A majority of pop songs are about boys or sex anyway.

I'm primarily into jazz and classical, and of the more mainstream music, I also like most rock. Nickelback, Maroon 5, Five for Fighting, etc.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next