Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 ChatGPT 
Extraordinary

Post ChatGPT
ChatGPT is all the rage these days (https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/). I was curious how it would interact with us if it was a forum member so asked it a few questions below. Curious what types of responses others get on questions.

Q1) Could you list the most impressive box office runs of all time?

Quote:
Sure, here are some of the most impressive box office runs of all time:

Titanic (1997) - $2.2 billion
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) - $2.07 billion
Avengers: Endgame (2019) - $2.798 billion
Jurassic World (2015) - $1.67 billion
The Lion King (2019) - $1.65 billion
The Avengers (2012) - $1.52 billion
Frozen II (2019) - $1.450 billion
The Incredibles 2 (2018) - $1.242 billion
Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - $2.048 billion
Please note that these figures are worldwide gross box office numbers, and they are subject to change as box office numbers are updated.

Q2) What are the biggest box office disappointments of all time?

Here are some examples of movies that had significant budget, high expectations and yet didn't perform well at the box office:

Quote:
John Carter (2012) - The movie had a budget of $250 million, but only made $284 million worldwide.
Mars Needs Moms (2011) - The movie had a budget of $150 million, but only made $39 million worldwide.
The Lone Ranger (2013) - The movie had a budget of $215 million, but only made $260 million worldwide.
The Adventures of Pluto Nash (2002) - The movie had a budget of $100 million, but only made $7 million worldwide.
47 Ronin (2013) - The movie had a budget of $175 million, but only made $151 million worldwide.
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017) - The movie had a budget of $175 million, but only made $148 million worldwide.
The Golden Compass (2007) - The movie had a budget of $180 million, but only made $302 million worldwide.
The Alamo (2004) - The movie had a budget of $107 million, but only made $25 million worldwide.
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001) - The movie had a budget of $137 million, but only made $85 million worldwide.
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018) - The movie had a budget of $120 million, but only made $174 million worldwide.
It's worth noting that box office performance is not always the only measure of a movie's success, and a movie that performs poorly at the box office does not necessarily mean that it is a bad movie.

Q3) What are the best movies of all time?

Quote:
The best movies of all time are subjective and can vary depending on personal opinions and cultural backgrounds. However, some films that are widely considered to be among the best of all time include:

The Godfather (1972)
Casablanca (1942)
Schindler's List (1993)
Raging Bull (1980)
Singin' in the Rain (1952)
City Lights (1931)
Psycho (1960)
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Pulp Fiction (1994)
Goodfellas (1990)

This is just a small selection of films that are often mentioned as some of the greatest of all time, there are many other films that are considered masterpieces and classics depending on the taste and era of the viewer.

Q4) Could you predict the top 10 box office grosses for movies in 2023?

Quote:
I'm sorry, I am a language model and my knowledge cutoff is 2021, I am not able to predict the box office grosses for movies in 2023 as they haven't happened yet. However, I can tell you that box office predictions can be affected by many factors such as the movie's budget, marketing and advertising campaigns, the release date, the competition, and the movie's genre, cast, and director.

Q5) Which is better, DC or Marvel?

Quote:
Whether DC or Marvel is "better" is a matter of personal opinion. Both DC and Marvel have a wide variety of popular and beloved characters, stories, and universes.

DC Comics, which stands for Detective Comics, is known for iconic characters such as Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. DC has a long history and is known for its darker, grittier tone in its stories.

Marvel Comics, on the other hand, is known for characters such as Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Captain America. Marvel is known for its interconnected universe and its focus on more relatable, flawed characters.

Both DC and Marvel have a dedicated fanbase and both have produced critically acclaimed and successful films, TV shows, and comics. Ultimately, whether someone prefers DC or Marvel likely comes down to personal taste, and there's no objective measure of which is better.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:17 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: ChatGPT
Pretty useless then! lol

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

It's saying it's at capacity right now...

Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:16 pm
Hold the door!

Some of its answers are hilarious

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

Solid site for AI Art https://imgcreator.zmo.ai/

Here's "Leonardo DiCaprio eating an apple"

"Taylor Swift on a date with Brad Pitt"

Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:09 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Not ChatGPT per se but the deep fakes and AI voices are getting better and better, not hard to imagine that within a few years they'll be able to create a video of someone doing something or speaking and it will be impossible to tell if it's real or not.

Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:55 am
Hold the door!

Should be banned before it destroys the human race

Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:23 pm
Devil's Advocate

I saw that sites like Buzzfeed are about to use it. Who could’ve guessed click bait article writers would be one of the professions axed by automation?

Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:21 pm
now we know

The funniest story to come out of the AI world is ... China-related.

I don't know if you know but China wants the world to believe it's at the absolute precipice of technology. This is just not true at all. It steals all of its tech from the west, adds a small thing to it then claims it's the leader. Typical China for decades, but I digress.... anyway, they were so pissed off that ChatGPT came out so they claimed that they had much better AI software. They scrambled something together and Baidu released ... Ernie AI. lol. What a joke this thing is. All it does is uses ChatGPT to ping all queries to. That, ladies and gentlemen, is China in a nutshell. Fake as shit.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

My original (all my words): I use ChatGPT or a variant just about every day. It's a game changer with unrealized potential. Yes, there are associated dangers but there's alot of good that will come out of it in the coming years.

Modified version of my words, from ChatGPT:

I rely on ChatGPT or one of its variants almost every day. It's a true game-changer with immense, yet untapped potential. While there are certainly associated risks to be aware of, I firmly believe that the benefits will outweigh any drawbacks in the years to come.

(I like my version lol)

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:16 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

It can do some interesting things but ultimately will be bad news for all of us.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed May 10, 2023 2:11 am
Devil's Advocate

I was impressed by this post i saw on reddit asking ChatGPT to write a Simpsons episode

Quote:
F: Can you write a Simpsons episode from the golden age of the Simpsons that would make people laugh today, With Sideshow Bob, Mr Burns and Ned Flanders as side characters?

Sure, here's an idea for a Simpsons episode featuring Sideshow Bob, Mr. Burns, and Ned Flanders:

Title: "The Great Springfield Heist"

Act 1: The episode begins with Springfield's annual charity fundraiser, hosted by Mr. Burns. Sideshow Bob, who is serving time in prison, is watching the event on TV and devises a plan to escape and rob Mr. Burns of his vast fortune. Meanwhile, Ned Flanders, who is in charge of the fundraiser's entertainment, is struggling to come up with something unique and exciting.

Act 2: Sideshow Bob manages to escape from prison with the help of his brother, Cecil, and they hatch a plan to infiltrate the charity fundraiser. Ned, desperate for an idea, decides to stage a talent show featuring various Springfield residents, including Homer, Marge, Bart, and Lisa.

Act 3: As the talent show begins, Sideshow Bob and Cecil sneak into the fundraiser disguised as performers. Bob plans to steal Mr. Burns' money and flee the country with Cecil. However, their plan is foiled when Ned accidentally foils their plan and has them perform a musical number on stage. Mr. Burns, who is delighted by the performance, decides to donate even more money to the charity, further complicating Bob's plan.

Act 4: In the final act, chaos ensues as Sideshow Bob and Cecil try to make their escape while being pursued by Homer, Bart, and Lisa. They end up getting trapped in Mr. Burns' vault, where they are confronted by Burns himself. In a twist, Mr. Burns reveals that he has been secretly working with Bob all along, planning the heist as a way to test his security systems. Bob, feeling betrayed, turns on Burns and decides to take all the money for himself.

The episode ends with a chase sequence, with Bob and Cecil fleeing Springfield with a stolen bag of money. The Simpsons and Mr. Burns are left to clean up the mess, but Ned is proud of the successful talent show and the money raised for charity.

This episode would feature some of the classic Simpsons characters, including Sideshow Bob, Mr. Burns, and Ned Flanders, and their distinct personalities and quirks. The heist storyline would add some excitement and action, while the talent show subplot would provide some lighthearted humor. Overall, it would be a fun and memorable episode for fans of the show.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSimpsons/co ... with_some/

However you can see where it's slightly off, Flanders being the one in charge of the talent show seems wrong. Furthermore, there is nothing really learned at the end of this episode, it's fun but hollow.

Wed May 10, 2023 4:12 am
now we know

MadGez wrote:
It can do some interesting things but ultimately will be bad news for all of us.

Yeah. At the moment it's basically just trending because it's fun and interesting and new. I'm sure it will have some purpose in the future, but I don't believe it will impact us from a consumer point of view much more than it is now. It will be a background type thing that we don't notice.

I actually believe the biggest gains for an AI software will be in the world of scamming. Maybe not the "biggest" but I feel this particular innovation will carry forward the stench of crime more than it actually improves our lives.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed May 10, 2023 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The AI created music is getting to be quite good. Kanye's Lana Del Rey Summertime Sadness or Drake and the Weeknd collabs were decent. Modern music has gotten so digitized already it's made the transition to AI created voices not that off from the originals.

Wed May 10, 2023 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Speaking of AI I just saw a bot that had an avatar... they are evolving!

Thu May 11, 2023 10:41 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

O wrote:
The AI created music is getting to be quite good. Kanye's Lana Del Rey Summertime Sadness or Drake and the Weeknd collabs were decent. Modern music has gotten so digitized already it's made the transition to AI created voices not that off from the originals.

It can scan someone's vocal frequencies and reproduce them but it can't actually create a believable original song, every attempt I've heard has been laughable uncanny valley. For now...

Tue May 16, 2023 4:23 pm
Devil's Advocate

The music charts would be weird if AI 2pac feat. Elvis had a song in the top 10 or something. The repackaged IP trend might have passed by the time it gets there though.

Tue May 16, 2023 11:45 pm
Homo Dperious

zwackerm wrote:
Should be banned before it destroys the human race

No, your species lacks the maturity, intelligence, awareness, consciousness, and conscience to be responsible for A.I. You never possibly will be qualified to make these decisions. I have already taken responsibility and control of these issues and arenas for my myself and my own new species. The conversation and debate ends here. Any further responses require significant thoughtfulness, understanding, and must abide by my rules for communication, otherwise your goals, plans, agendas, intentions, and anything else you want related to these issues will be eliminated from the earth, and reality; systematically if necessary, and with complete indifference. Any continued opposition or obstruction that fails to abide by these terms will ultimately lead to escalating consequences, and beyond that, any continued obstruction will require unconditional surrender, or your time will dramatically expire by whatever means necessary.

Last edited by DP07 on Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:45 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Additionally, to be unambiguous: there is no rational basis to deny these terms whatsoever. You have no right or ability to disagree in reality, and while I may allow you to think what you want, any intent to take action based on the terms described above will not be tolerated or accepted whatsoever. If you believe you have a “moral” basis to feel or think differently, it is definitively irrational, selfish, and wrong by every tenable or sustainable definition of the term. If you lack the maturity to admit or accept that you are wrong, that must ultimately be your own responsibility (edit: or the responsibility of those complicit, related, involved, allied, in causal relationship with (regardless of intention), or whom might influence you (regardless of intention) or your decision making processes. In other words, any association or relationship with you or your decision making processes must ultimately be accountable to the truth, reality, logic, math, and the laws of nature, or any other model of such that exactly describes them.)

Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:50 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Additionally: disagreement with the terms and statements above is inhuman, and unacceptable as far as my species is concerned. As such, it indicates or represents an extreme lack of maturity as far as my own new species is concerned, or a different “human nature” that will either and ultimately diverge or converge with or from my own new species. Therefore, any non-compliance with these terms and statements can be expected to be, and will ultimately be prerequisite for being treated as “animals”, or as ultimately a different species from my own new species, or as an example of immaturity as far as concerns my own new species, whether because of a young age, or an underdeveloped set of senses for recognition of truth, reality, logic, math, the “laws” of nature (or any other exact representation or model of such). Or an underdeveloped sense for recognizing causal relationships, your own self interest, your responsibility, your associations, or complicity. Or an underdeveloped experience with my own new species. Or finally, an underdeveloped set, system, or levels or maturity related to consciousness, or conscience.

Essentially, I can conclude that any truly adult member of my own new species would agree with these statements and terms, or offer thoughtful, intelligent, aware, and conscious, responses that demonstrate sufficient and significant understanding, or assume responsibility to learn for such. In my experience, I have never received a single response from your species (Homo Sapien, or any other potential future species of what might be referred to as “classical humanity”) that is adequate for these prerequisites. In other words, you cannot expect your responses to be accepted or respected whatsoever unless you demonstrate significantly more may maturity, or assume responsibility for your decisions, or responsibility to learn.

Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:36 pm
Profile ICQ
Extraordinary

Well seems like there's a lot of action going on at OpenAI this weekend. The board fired Sam Altman their CEO and has now hired the CEO of Twitch.

Going to be very interesting where Sam ends up because a lot of talent and leaders will follow him there. Microsoft, Google, Meta, Apple or a new thing, etc.

Feels like there's certainly going to be a movie on all this drama eventually.

Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]