Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 How did you find WOKJ? 
100% That Bitch

Post Re: How did you find WOKJ?
Libs wrote:
Y'all remember when BKB (supposedly) had an affair with Debra, his sultry neighbor who watched telenovelas?

The Internet and society have been downhill since that peak.

You're back back? Or just another random 3 day stay?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:35 am
Sbil

Mau wrote:
Libs wrote:
Y'all remember when BKB (supposedly) had an affair with Debra, his sultry neighbor who watched telenovelas?

You're back back? Or just another random 3 day stay?

I wouldn't say I'm ever "back" (is the forum even still active enough for that?) but I'll make the occasional cameo!

Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:43 am
Superfreak

Libs wrote:

:funny: :funny: :funny:

I miss BKB..

Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:53 pm

I still feel like KJ is one of the last bastions of online discussions that doesn’t dissolve into a quagmire of hot headed keyboard warriors while still sharing a healthy amount of differing opinions.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:14 am
Veteran

I'm pretty sure it's the longest continuously running movie boxoffice forum around. And it has to be one of the longest overall movie forums out there. I can't speak for Newsgroups but in terms of website forums - Pathfinder, BOR, BOM, BOT - neither lasted this long or are as old (in the case of BOT).

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:56 am
now we know

There was a site that I think was called Lee's Movie Info. It wasn't a community, just a box office site, but I kind of miss it. Like The-Numbers, it had data on the home video market. Numbers you couldn't get from the major sites. Though now I think of it IMDb also used to post data on physical media rentals. Oh, those were the days.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 09, 2023 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Lee's Movie Info was good.

I also recall in the early years (96-99) there was a site called something like "Box office in hundreds of millions of dollars" which was a hilarious title even back then but they were one of the few sites that had worldwide grosses of older films going back to the 70s.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed May 10, 2023 2:10 am
now we know

That was before my time. But what a title, lol

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed May 10, 2023 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

haha yes it was funny even then. Good thing though was they had global BO grosses of films from the 70s like the Bond films. Quite a find back then.

Tue May 30, 2023 11:14 pm
now we know

I wonder how accurate those were, though. Maybe just estimated? because I've been trying to find and compile international numbers for older Stallone films for years and haven't got very far.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed May 31, 2023 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I member I first saw box office numbers in a local paper and it immediately clicked in my brain that this was just like looking at the standings in sports (previously the only reason I ever read the paper.) Then I started going on entertainment weekly.com where they posted the weekend numbers Sunday afternoon. Then it was a link to box office guru that showed how you could determine how the weekend would go from just the Friday numbers.

Wed May 31, 2023 3:09 pm
Homo Dperious

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
I still feel like KJ is one of the last bastions of online discussions that doesn’t dissolve into a quagmire of hot headed keyboard warriors while still sharing a healthy amount of differing opinions.

“Healthy amount of differing opinions.” No person who could ever say such a thing could possibly be the same species as me. I’m extremely serious. We share no future whatsoever.

I’m not being a warrior; if I wanted to, I’d simply massacre you. No joke, no bluff.

Also, my kindness isn’t selfish, and I’d not pretending to have nice intentions. From your perspective, or the perspective of another species of hominid, you may think I’m the “worst”. You doubt that, but you are hopelessly and permanently foolish and naive. I wouldn’t ever expect you to understand. I don’t think you really want to go as far as you would need to go. It’s not human as you know it not to regret life without satisfaction. Nothing you ever felt to be human could ever satisfy my species, and nothing we do will ever satisfy anything you ever wanted or needed. EDIT: If you believe so, it is illusion you fall for.

Last edited by DP07 on Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:27 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

I don’t expect you could ever understand me or my species emotionally.

I don’t think it’s naturally “human”, as you know it, or for any other species of hominid, to understand my patience, kindness, benevolence, compassion, pity, and mercy. It is absolutely not selfish. Not even selfish only for my new species. It would, or at least should, feel inhuman to you, to connect or relate with these sorts of words emotionally, to sympathize with them, to admit them, to accept them, or to understand them.

:End Edit: :End Discussion: :End Excel Reply 1:

Last edited by DP07 on Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:50 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Excel wrote:
Libs wrote:

:funny: :funny: :funny:

I miss BKB..

If I wasn’t laughing at this, my response to you in the Oppenheimer thread, and other old threads I’ll probably dig up, would probably be significantly more explicit. And by that I mean that certain versions of what I was planning to say were significantly censored, but still probably the most ruthless things anyone has ever thought of saying. This is not hyperbole or exaggeration. Really.

You should be glad that it’s not human, as I know it, to only blame you specifically or individually; because you don’t want to imagine my temper or what I would do to you. If you’re more scared of nuclear weapons, you’re simply stupid. No hyperbole or exaggeration. No joke, no bluff. End.

Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:55 am
Profile ICQ
Dont Mess with the Gez

Algren wrote:
I wonder how accurate those were, though. Maybe just estimated? because I've been trying to find and compile international numbers for older Stallone films for years and haven't got very far.

Very hard to say as my BO knowledge was more limited back then.

Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:17 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I member I first saw box office numbers in a local paper and it immediately clicked in my brain that this was just like looking at the standings in sports (previously the only reason I ever read the paper.) Then I started going on entertainment weekly.com where they posted the weekend numbers Sunday afternoon. Then it was a link to box office guru that showed how you could determine how the weekend would go from just the Friday numbers.

BOG was the best thing ever back in 97/98.

Around 94/95 I was occasionally buying Weekly Variety if I could find it because it had the Top 50 or Top 100 and you could see cumulative grosses of films that you weren't quite sure where they ended up. For example, I knew The Net opened to $10m (thanks Entertainment Tonight) but had no idea it grossed a clean $50m until I saw it in Variety's Top 50 chart.

Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:21 am
Extraordinary

I wonder what ever happened to that douchebag sean saulsbury?
BOM had the very best B.O discussion forum of alltime and a great derby game, was incredibly active every day and then Brandon Gray(who seemed like a nice guy) made his best pal Sean the chief of the boards and it all started going downhill slowly and then inflames in spectacular fashion in like a weekBOM and Rotten tomatoes had the very best movie forums of alltime, we will never see anything like it again.

I was a junior in college when i joined mojo in 2002, a senior when i joined kj in 2004 and now a 41year old man with 2
teenage kids, thats half my life on these forums.

Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

lilmac wrote:
What led you to this site? Tell us your story.

For me it was Baumer (a regular at BOM/BOT). We were pretty close having been the two most prolific posters during BOM’s early days. There was a revolt/exodus at BOM in 2005 and many of them came to WOKJ in protest. By then, I had stopped posting at BOM but connected with Baumer at some point wondering where everybody was at. He told me about this place and suggested I stick around. Rest is history.

Enough about me. How did YOU come to find this place?

I remember you from BOR, that black backround made the site unique.

Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2