Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 What's your favorite animal and why? 
Veteran

Post What's your favorite animal and why?
Discuss your favorite animals!

If it's domestic dogs/cats, pick another! :-D

I'll go first: My favorite animal is a cheetah because it's so fast. Not the strongest of cats but I love its speed and agility.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:09 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: What's your favorite animal and why?
I don't hate animals but there is none that I love as well. I like to watch them in zoo but would never buy any though my sister has a couple of dogs that I have come to love.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Saltwater crocodiles or bowhead whales.

Always loved saltwater crocs growing up, did a couple school projects on them, and still do today. Their prehistoric look always caught my attention, and their ability to go largely unchanged by evolution for around 200 million years is incredible. Just about as perfect a product of evolution as you can get.

Whales in general are more recent (adulthood), and the bowhead fascinates me the most. I like all baleen whales, but the bowhead's design, ability to live for over 200 years (longest living mammal and second longest living animal overall), and being the only baleen whale to occupy the arctic waters interests me. It's also the last living organism in its genus.

(Mythological is far and away dragons. They just haven't let our small minds find them yet!)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Interesting. I never gave whales much thought but I do find them fascinating. It’s always great seeing them live, breaching the surface.

I was blind, but now I see.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:16 am
Keeping it Light

I do like the dog/ cat variants more so Wolves and Tigers, but Scorpions are cool too.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:29 am
The Kramer

If we are removing dogs and cats...

1. Great White Shark - super badass yet also misunderstood, has a signature move of breaching out of the water to catch seals that never gets old. There's a reason we have an entire week dedicated to these.

2. Grizzly Bear - fluffy and adorable killing machine.

3. Frogs - small ones are cute, yet sometimes deadly. Big ones can eat huntsman spiders and murder hornets.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:02 pm
Hold the door!

Hippo, very cute and can kill in one bite

Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:25 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'm not really a big animals guy overall. One of my favorites is deer since I grew up around a lot of them and they are a beautiful creatures imo. I'd say cats, spiders, birds, gorilla, alligator, beavers are ones off the top of my head that are cool, and butterflies are neat.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:28 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Sloth, penguins, apparently a wallaby is pretty cool. I think I adopted a manatee when I was 10 in school, no idea what happened to it.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:30 am
now we know

I love animals at a distance. Can't stand the hairs if we're talking about cats and dogs, which is weird because growing up we had cats and my gran also had cats. Never had an issue with it then.

As for overall favourite animal, I like crocodiles and leopards. Their hunting ability always marvels me, and I often go through spouts of watching hours and hours of safari videos.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]