Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 The Game Awards 2020 

What will win Game of the Year
Animal Crossing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Doom Eternal 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy 7 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ghost of Tsushima 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Hades 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
The Last of Us 2 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

The Game Awards 2020 
The Kramer

Post The Game Awards 2020
And the Game of the Year nominees are:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Doom Eternal
Final Fantasy 7
Ghost of Tsushima
Hades
The Last of Us Part 2

Good job by these guys once again. In a normal awards show you might be worried that Hades is too small or Last of Us is too big, but the Game Awards just reward the best of the best. Only ones who are disappointed are Virtual Reality fans who wanted Half Life Alyx to win (it is nominated in direction over Animal Crossing though.)

Also interesting that Logan Cunningham, who voices Hades himself, got the acting nomination.

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:24 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: The Game Awards 2020
Hades has a long climb, but there is a precedent for it. The only time an “indie” game has won is in 2012, when Telltale’s The Walking Dead took the grand prize. Why is this year similar? Well in 2012, the frontrunner was Mass Effect 3, but despite excellent reviews it was eventually sunk (and had its ending changed) by a massive online backlash. The presumptive favorite this year, Last of Us 2, has also received quite the online backlash despite it’s 97 metacritic. Hades is also so fresh on everyone’s mind... I really think it has a chance ... But I’m not voting for it yet lol.

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:41 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It'll probably be Hades or Ghost of Tsushima. Haven't played Tsushima, so I'll be rotting for Hades (favorite games since Breath of the Wild).

Also glad Animal Crossing got a nomination. Not deserving of a win, I don't think, but it took everything that made the franchise a hit and expanded upon all of it while adding. And, of course, it was/is a massive sales success. Over 30 million copies (projected) after 9 months is crazy.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Golden Joystick 2020 Winners:

Game of the Year - The Last of Us Part 2
Critics Choice - Hades
Most Wanted - God of War: Ragnarok
Indie GOTY - Hades
Nintendo GOTY - Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Xbox GOTY - Ori and the Will of Wisps
PlayStation GOTY - The Last of Us Part 2
PC GOTY - Death Stranding
Mobile GOTY - LEGO Builder's Journey
Family GOTY - Fall Guys
Multiplayer GOTY - Fall Guys
eSports GOTY - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Breakthrough Award - Among Us
Still Playing Award - Minecraft
Hall of Fame - Team17/Worms
Studio of the Year - Naughty Dog
Best Performer (Actor) - Sandra Saad (Marvel's Avengers)
Gaming Community - Minecraft
Best Audio - The Last of Us Part 2
Visual Design - The Last of Us Part 2
Best Storytelling - The Last of Us Part 2
Best Expansion - No Man's Sky: Origins

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Also... G4 Reunion Special!

Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Dragon Age 4 and Perfect Dark!

They’ve done a good job with this show too. Brie Larson giving best performance to the actress who played Abbey might have destroyed the internet. We’re lucky to have survived. :funny:

Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:22 pm
The Kramer

:tears: At this Eddie Vedder performance. Now I’m back in the Last of Us, I’d been trying too repress that shit lol.

Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:07 pm
The Kramer

Nolan! Well you know Last of Us is winning now lol.

Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:44 pm
The Kramer

Yep, The Last of Us Part 2 wins game of the year after a night of total domination. Makes sense , even with the backlash against the Abbey character. Game Awards voters not that toxic lol. It’s the exact type of game the industry can hold up and say compares to film and tv on an emotional level.

What happened to Elden Ring doh? Fucking George Martin never delivers lol.

Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:51 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Nolan! Well you know Last of Us is winning now lol.

:P

Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Big night for The Last of Us Part II, indeed.

And glad Hades got Best Indie and Best Action Game.

Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

One of the hardest decisions I’ve ever made for game of the year. I still think they’re both equal, but for the purposes of list making:

1. Hades - 10/10
2. The Last of Us 2 - 10/10
3. Ghost of Tsushima - 9.4
4. Doom Eternal - 9.3
5. Demon Souls - 9
6. Carrion - 8.9
7. Fall Guys - 8.5
8. Miles Morales - 8.4
9. Final Fantasy 7 - 8.4
10. Astro’s Playroom - 8

Resident Evil 3 (7.9), Paper Mario Origami King (7.7), Maneater (7.5)

Still wanna play but probably won’t until they’re cheaper/not broken: CyberPunk, Valhalla, Immortals and Crusader Kings 3.

Overall one of the better game years, but the final year of a console is usually stacked. 2013 gave us a similarly incredible top 3 of Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us 1 and Grand Theft Auto 5.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:35 am
Veteran

Strong year but The Last of Us 2 was an all-timer.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]