Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
 How worried about the Omicron variant are you? 

Not worried at all, let's move on with life 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Kind of worried, I might wear my mask but others don't have to 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty worried, we should force masks and social distancing 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Extremely worried, lockdown please! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Hold the door!

Post Re: Will you take a Covid vaccine?
lilmac wrote:
Had my annual physical and the medical staff had gotten the vaccine. 75 and over are next (Group 1B) which means March/April for the rest of us. The Johnson and Johnson vaccine is reportedly a one shot drug and will ready by the Spring.

I hope the vaccine is effective for a long period of time. If billions get the vaccine by say, June 2021 and then have to get it again because the vaccine only works for six months....

Johnson and Johnson should report results any day and start being distributed in February.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:28 pm
Hold the door!

Both Johnson and Johnson (66%) and Novavax (89%) reported efficacy results today. Wow, no one is gonna want the J&J one with the Pfizer and Moderna way more effective.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:07 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Well that' not really looking at everything. The other vaccines had results before the variants came around (Phizer and Moderna are now below the initial findings in December) J&J is over 70% for US test subjects for example. This is still very good news because it's still more effective than the any flu shot. It could lead to wider distribution and go out to the lower risk people while the higher efficacy ones go to the more at risk.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:51 am
Top Poster

https://www.reddit.com/r/LockdownSkepti ... _berkeley/

UC Berkeley now have police patrolling the dorms to enforce Covid-19 lockdowns. Police are prohibiting dorm residents from engaging in solitary outdoor exercise as well. Students must stay in their rooms at all times "except in case of emergency or to obtain medical care, comply with testing requirements or receive food from the Cal Dining kiosks."

Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Lol, nice rewrite Alex.

Article says nothing about Police patrolling the dorms, it more or less equates to RA's actually doing their jobs instead of getting high and taking advantage of freshmen underclassman, and campus security having more outdoor posts. The mandate is for one week, after students were breaking curfews going to fraternity parties, and there was a 12% rise in cases (Considering the people that live on campus that equates to almost 3% of students are getting the virus every week, which is not good. The exercise one is ridiculous, but college kids do not stay solitary, and also only looks to be for a few days. Prison comparisons as always are hilarious.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:02 pm
Hold the door!

I’m at a point where so many friends of mine have gotten Covid I’m shocked I have not gotten sick. I have been directly exposed to a positive person 3x now and not gotten it any of these times. I wonder how on earth it’s possible honestly considering how contagious this is supposed to be.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:27 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Count your blessings and possibly good body immune I guess....

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:56 pm
Devil's Advocate

The cases are dropping fast, whether you think it's cause they were inflated and they need Biden's economy to be good by November 2022, or because you think it's cause the vaccine's working, I think things are looking up

Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:18 am
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
The cases are dropping fast, whether you think it's cause they were inflated and they need Biden's economy to be good by November 2022, or because you think the vaccine's working, I think things are looking up

I believe the estimate is that around 45-50% of the country has had the virus OR the vaccine at this point.

Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:21 am
Hold the door!

Between the increasing vaccinations, warm weather which inspires better distancing and slows the spread, and so many people having had it by now, I can’t imagine cases will not keep snowballing downward. By the end of March we should see less than 10k cases a day in the US.

Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:43 pm
Devil's Advocate

If Connecticut removing most of the lockdown restrictions could be a sign of others following Texas and Mississippi lead

Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:05 am
Extraordinary

I got my first dose of pfizer couple days ago. Feel normal symptoms of fatigue and soreness.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:41 am
Hold the door!

Obviously there are some QAnon types who are convinced the vaccine is either a tracking microchip or the mark of the beast, but I wonder why there is so much more vaccine hesitancy among Republicans.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:15 pm
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
Obviously there are some QAnon types who are convinced the vaccine is either a tracking microchip or the mark of the beast, but I wonder why there is so much more vaccine hesitancy among Republicans.

Because they're not scared of covid

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:24 pm
Hold the door!

I’m not concerned about Covid either, but is contributing to herd immunity/resistance a real problem?

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:30 pm
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
I’m not concerned about Covid either, but is contributing to herd immunity/resistance a real problem?

Well I think anyone genuinely afraid of it is more likely to take it hence more Democrats. Some Republicans may think a vaccine that was rushed out with no long term testing is a risk in itself, especially those who think they're now living in a propaganda state and there it's impossible to trust media sources who are supposed to be telling of their results or risks

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:16 pm
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Well I think anyone genuinely afraid of it is more likely to take it hence more Democrats. Some Republicans may think a vaccine that was rushed out with no long term testing is a risk in itself, especially those who think they're now living in a propaganda state and there it's impossible to trust media sources who are supposed to be telling of their results or risks

I mean it’s possible the vaccine could have some sort of unforeseen effect down the line, but odds of that are far lower than getting really sick from Covid even if you are young and healthy.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

I mean it’s possible the vaccine could have some sort of unforeseen effect down the line, but odds of that are far lower than getting really sick from Covid even if you are young and healthy.

Not sure about that. Also keep in mind the vaccine's effectiveness is apparently only so high, and barely even counts as a vaccine it appears

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:14 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Myself and my family has penicillin allergy so even after my dad got his invitation for free vaccine he is not eligible. The same would be true for me. It will be interesting how this situation unfolds now that I cannot get vaccinated because I generally travel across neighbouring South East Asian countries 2-3 times a year.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:44 pm
Defeats all expectations

I am under 60 and not in any priority groups. I will probably get the vaccine when more safety data are available. And I will read about the vaccine and its side effects before getting it.

There are currently three vaccines available to the public. Can people choose which one to get?

Some useful links:

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-vaccine/art-20484859#how-work

Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:32 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Most likely at this point it's the government or doctor or the admistrator choosing what vaccine to administer mostly due to lack of vaccine options availability. But maybe by the time they reach non priority groups more options will be handily available.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:26 pm
Devil's Advocate

Since the Texas governor lifted all restrictions, which he was criticized by many for ("neanderthal thinking"), their cases have dropped in half.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:54 pm
Romosexual!

Took my first shot yesterday (Pfizer) at CVS. My 2nd shot will be on the 20th of April.
Feeling fine, no symptoms yet. I hear the symptoms mostly come after the 2nd shot.
Still wearing mask, sanitizing and keeping my distance as usual.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:48 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Good to hear that Rev. The effects might come to you from tomorrow though it all depends on an individual.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:33 am
Romosexual!

I'm hoping to get Spider-Man's powers tomorrow morning.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next