Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
 How worried about the Omicron variant are you? 

Not worried at all, let's move on with life 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Kind of worried, I might wear my mask but others don't have to 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty worried, we should force masks and social distancing 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Extremely worried, lockdown please! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Hold the door!

Post Re: Have you had the Covid vaccine?
Now down to 5.6k!

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:48 am
Hold the door!

Finally done with masks here in PA! Woohoo

Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:52 am
Devil's Advocate

Starting to get worried about needing a vax pass to get into restaurants sometime soon

Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:50 am
The Kramer

The vaxxports are not a great idea, but we shouldn’t even need this step. Can’t people just being stupid and selfish??

Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:22 pm
The Kramer

Masks back up in LA. :ohmy:

Just when I finally started feeling good about not wearing them in public! Ohio is a long ways away but Dewine was one of the first to lockdown in the first go around so he might wanna stay ahead of it to avoid another quarantine.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:34 pm
Hold the door!

La is the most mask happy place in America so I won’t panic yet, but it’s retarded considering 99.7% of people hospitalized for CoVID CHOSE not to take the vaccine, so it’s really not a tragedy IMO and is the equivalence of people being hospitalized for the flu.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:33 pm
Devil's Advocate

Going to enjoy things while I can before the lockdown winter, the #1 reason the cases were so high from Nov to Feb last year was obviously seasonal, so the same thing is probably going to happen again.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:01 am
Quality is a great business plan

Breakthrough cases are also increasing. US the depth of data is not that great. Also greater the viral load(especially in cramped indoor places) the reaction is worse. Why risk it when there are so many anti vaxxers. I think LA is doing the right thing before this thing spirals out of control.

I used to be shawman.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:14 am
Hold the door!

There are only 2 logical opinions at this point.

1. People can take the vaccine so everyone’s health is their own responsibility from now on.
2. We should wear masks forever as long as even one person gets sick.

If we put our masks back on now, there’s really no logic in ever taking them off again. There’s no vaccine to wait for. Things are not going to get better than they are. Covid is never going away completely, but that seems to be the standard many are holding to before they will relax even a little.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:46 am
Top Poster

It's obvious that US has not been honest about deaths with Covid from those who are already vaccinated, using the same method of blaming pre-existing conditions on vaccine-related deaths as they are to deaths amongst the vaccinated.

LA is scapegoating the unvaccinated, but refuse to divulge that there is a great number of symptomatic spread among the vaccinated. In UK, more than half the deaths with Delta variant are vaccinated people.

Israel found that 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine is 64% effective against Delta variant infections. So if you chose the Pfizer vaccine, there is a greater than 1 in 3 chance that you are are not protected from the Delta variant.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

The whole thing is built on the testing being accurate. It's the tests that lead to the case and death numbers. However consider what they were up against. They had to create a test that's

- Accurate/quality
- Instant results allowing you to report daily and quarantine people with covid
- Available everywhere worldwide including 3rd world countries at low cost, and at any hospital's skill level
- Available for use immediately when the pandemic started, no prep time like the vaccines

This is an impossible task without a trade-off. Since they hit the last three, the only place they could sacrifice was quality in order to have a test that both creates instant results and is available everywhere and ASAP. That's how you end up with them just using the same PCR test they use for the flu which seems like it opens the door for mixing up covid and the flu or other coronaviruses.

Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:07 pm
Keeping it Light

Covid can go away if everyone gets vaccinated or you lockdown until it's gone. But neither sounds likely to happen anytime soon and I frankly don't know what the governments are going to try to do to deal with it.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:16 am
Devil's Advocate

The best route to it "going away" is if it weakens enough that it's considered as deadly as the flu at which point you just stop caring about it.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:22 am
Hold the door!

stuffp wrote:
Covid can go away if everyone gets vaccinated or you lockdown until it's gone. But neither sounds likely to happen anytime soon and I frankly don't know what the governments are going to try to do to deal with it.

Lockdown until its gone lol, that has worked so well in New Zealand. Oh wait, they had zero cases for 2 weeks and still the virus came back.

The idea that you can "lockdown until it's gone" is quite laughable.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:08 am
Keeping it Light

Lockdown is probably more effective than a vaccine, but more detrimental to the economy. If it wasn't for the virus being imported it would've been gone from new zealand. Unfortunately lock down means no people coming back into the country too.

But I agree with Shack, that the best thing to hope for (now) is for the virus to get numbed down enough that we can live with it like a cold or flu.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:24 am
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
stuffp wrote:

Lockdown until its gone lol, that has worked so well in New Zealand. Oh wait, they had zero cases for 2 weeks and still the virus came back.

Sweden currently has 0 deaths every day despite having one of the lesser lockdown strategies

I don't see much evidence the lockdowns did anything, the vaccines I guess might have done something but isn't 100% perfect, they treat the symptoms more than they stop transmission and thus are barely even real vaccines

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:26 am
100% That Bitch

Welp, Mexico is back to 16k cases a dsy and 600 deathd a day. Fuck delta

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:25 pm
Keeping it Light

Shack wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
stuffp wrote:

Sweden currently has 0 deaths every day despite having one of the lesser lockdown strategies

I don't see much evidence the lockdowns did anything, the vaccines I guess might have done something but isn't 100% perfect, they treat the symptoms more than they stop transmission and thus are barely even real vaccines

Well, lockdowns clearly prevent spread, within communities at least, but it's the strictest form and who has the stomach for it. The question here is whether the virus is severe enough to warrant it to choose health over economy in the short term. And vaccines yeah, they're simply more like (preventive) medicine than a showstopper.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

Think masks are about to be back on the menu

Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:15 pm
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
Think masks are about to be back on the menu

At some point probably but I don't think yet. Even Newsom is showing hesitance to put a mandate in place.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:46 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm will have a meltdown if masks come back

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:50 pm
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:

It would be pretty reasonable to have a meltdown since there is literally no reason for it. Death increases are NOT happening. The media frenzy over delta CASES that are 99.5% of the time only killing unvaccinated people is such a scam.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:01 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

It would be pretty reasonable to have a meltdown since there is literally no reason for it. Death increases are NOT happening. The media frenzy over delta CASES that are 99.5% of the time only killing unvaccinated people is such a scam.

It's never reasonable to have a meltdown but I get your point as well.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:21 am
Top Poster

Masks were less necessary before vaccines, because symptomatic people generally stayed home, and masks mainly effective in reducing spread from a symptomatic person. After vaccines, there is a bunch of maskless vaccinated people who have symptoms (and insist it’s not Covid or they’re not a spreader because they’re vaccinated) but don’t stay home nor socially distance, thus spread is gettin worse,

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

My ideal scenario would be to get covid, beat it relatively easily, and then have natural immunity. I trust my own body over weird mRNA vaccine method.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next