Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 So... what's your current situation in all this? 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: So... what's your current situation in all this?
Arizona restaurants opened yesterday, gyms open tomorrow, and stay at home orders end on Friday.

I dunno. All the numbers I see still has AZ increasing. And last week was the worst week yet.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue May 12, 2020 7:16 pm
Superfreak

Is that just due to the huge increase in testing?

Tue May 12, 2020 8:25 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I would assume that's part of it.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed May 13, 2020 9:06 am
Defeats all expectations

Chippy wrote:
Arizona restaurants opened yesterday, gyms open tomorrow, and stay at home orders end on Friday.

I dunno. All the numbers I see still has AZ increasing. And last week was the worst week yet.

Do they in Arizona do testing and contact tracing, and provide support for the infected to self-isolate?

Wed May 13, 2020 10:48 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

i.hope wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Do they in Arizona do testing and contact tracing, and provide support for the infected to self-isolate?

There is no contact tracing. 10 days ago AZ was doing pretty good in testing... but now we're back at the lowest per capita testing rate.

Just a bad decision all around. He also said theaters can open on Saturday.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed May 13, 2020 10:55 am
Defeats all expectations

Chippy wrote:
i.hope wrote:
Chippy wrote:

There is no contact tracing. 10 days ago AZ was doing pretty good in testing... but now we're back at the lowest per capita testing rate.

Just a bad decision all around. He also said theaters can open on Saturday.

Not good... Testing and tracing is the least the government can do. :(

But I think if most people wear masks, pay attention to personal hygiene, avoid close contact, and self-isolate when sick, things will be okay.

Wed May 13, 2020 11:06 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

People aren't doing that, lol. My mom refuses to wear a mask, ditto one of my brothers. Pictures all over the place of people out at one of our popular spots... not a single person wearing a mask.

I just don't understand what's so hard about wearing a mask?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed May 13, 2020 11:20 am
Defeats all expectations

Chippy wrote:
People aren't doing that, lol. My mom refuses to wear a mask, ditto one of my brothers. Pictures all over the place of people out at one of our popular spots... not a single person wearing a mask.

I just don't understand what's so hard about wearing a mask?

I guess there is a stigma with wearing face masks. It will take some time to get used to (wearing a mask). And it is a pragmatic and good thing to do. People will come around. But the Trump administration certainly is not helping with their messaging.

Wed May 13, 2020 11:57 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I haven't gone out much, but the only place I've seen anywhere close to 50% of people wearing masks has been at the grocery store.

I went to the bank today (still only drive thru) and none of the tellers had masks on, and I saw at least five of them inside maybe a 10x30 (or so) space. I'm sure (I hope) they're wearing gloves and/or washing and sanitizing their hands regularly, but who knows? Pretty much every bank drive-thru I drive by is consistently busy, too, so it's certainly a high-risk place to contract and spread the virus without strict procedures.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed May 13, 2020 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

I went to Arby's to order takeout last week. There were sneeze shields on the order and pickup counters. The staff had masks on. The Walmart store near me turned away customers who did not wear masks. The Asian supermarket I shopped at two weeks ago gave each customer a face mask and a pair of gloves when they entered. There were markers on the checkout lines at the Aldi's store to enforce distancing. Not as many people on the streets wore mask. But there were not a lot of people.

Thu May 14, 2020 9:50 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Workplaces such as fast food restaurants, groceries, and department stores (Walmart, Target) have all been following guidelines very well near me, probably even going the extra-mile in some aspects. Again, I don't go out too often, about once-a-week on average to a store, but every time they've all excelled regarding procedures and guidelines.

It's mainly the public that's severely lacking with their practices. It's not hard to wear a face mask or covering in public, use disposable gloves or some material to pump gas, stay a reasonable distance from people, wash/sanitize hands regularly, etc. It's almost unusual for me not to do these practices now. I don't buy it being difficult or inconvenient to make all or some of these small changes to one's daily activity, so it's a shame some are acting so lax, or outright in protest, about it.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu May 14, 2020 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Hilariously during all of this, not only am I trying to buy a new house, but I'm trying to sell my current house. Gotta feed the machine.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu May 14, 2020 8:24 pm
100% That Bitch

Chippy wrote:
Hilariously during all of this, not only am I trying to buy a new house, but I'm trying to sell my current house. Gotta feed the machine.

Why u moving during a pandemic gurl? Does that house bring you some fat, ugly memories?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat May 16, 2020 1:12 am
Romosexual!

Mau wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Why u moving during a pandemic gurl? Does that house bring you some fat, ugly memories?

YOU BITCH!!!!

Sat May 16, 2020 10:37 am
100% That Bitch

Rev wrote:
Mau wrote:
Chippy wrote:

YOU BITCH!!!!

What did I do? :mer:

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun May 17, 2020 9:14 pm
Extraordinary

This is such a bizarre time. 2 months have gone by but it's honestly felt like half a year.

Nothing's really going on with me. Just working from home and got wrapped up 8n these Thai shows lol

It's pretty crazy I've only gotten gas once this whole time and it's not at half tank yet.

Tue May 19, 2020 1:39 am
Extraordinary

Welp. My work is now going to be full time at home permanently. I'm not sure if they mean until everything is "safe" which probably means for at least for the year but I have to say... I don't know how to feel. It's for the better in terms of saving $$ on gas but not really interacting with people on a daily basis with coworkers anymore is pretty depressing to me. But ya idk.

Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:35 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

publicenemy#1 wrote:
Welp. My work is now going to be full time at home permanently. I'm not sure if they mean until everything is "safe" which probably means for at least for the year but I have to say... I don't know how to feel. It's for the better in terms of saving $$ on gas but not really interacting with people on a daily basis with coworkers anymore is pretty depressing to me. But ya idk.

You'll get used to it but yes the adjustment period (15-30 days) is pretty depressing

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:11 pm
Hold the door!

Does anyone know why California can’t get the pandemic under control at all? They’ve just been going up gradually for months despit strict lockdowns and high levels of compliance? Even Texas isn’t as bad.

Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 am
Forum General

zwackerm wrote:
Does anyone know why California can’t get the pandemic under control at all? They’ve just been going up gradually for months despit strict lockdowns and high levels of compliance? Even Texas isn’t as bad.

California ranks 21st in cases per 1M population. Texas is 12th.

In tests per 1M population, California is 13th and Texas is 38th.

I don't think California is doing worse than Texas, but given the presumed higher level of compliance it is worrying that they can't control it better.

Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:

The way I view it is that some states like California, Texas and Florida hit their bad period later than others like New York. Cali’s numbers were pretty low in April when New York was peaking. With a peak in July/August you would hope a few months later the cases really collapse.

I’m not convinced you can stop the virus rather than delay it, the goal should have been just to spread it out over time so each person can be treated properly. New York handled it the worst to me in that instead of flattening the curve they had a huge spike leading to a lot of deaths and then nothing, the exact scenario you were supposed to avoid.

Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:27 am
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:

Being in California... lockdown isn't strict. People that want to go out, go out. Plenty of people here that aren't taking this seriously.

Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:03 pm
Hold the door!

publicenemy#1 wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Being in California... lockdown isn't strict. People that want to go out, go out. Plenty of people here that aren't taking this seriously.

Moreso than in other states though? There’s people like that in PA ever since this started but we’ve kept cases down relatively.

Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:22 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

We never went into "lockdown" mode in Singapore. People just needed to follow strict social distancing measures

Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:57 am
The Kramer

Jack Sparrow wrote:
We never went into "lockdown" mode in Singapore. People just needed to follow strict social distancing measures
Hard to do when a third of the country thinks (and is encouraged to think by a certain political party) that the virus is a hoax, a third who just don’t care and a third who are yelling at everyone stupid/selfish enough to be in the first two groups. America has proven itself so very fragile and Covid is now probably gonna last forever because of it.

Oh well, the world was overpopulated anyways right?

Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next