Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 9663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387  Next
 The Lateshow - The Revival 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Lateshow - The Revival
Yep sunlight helps with odors for sure but I guarantee that the entry smell (at the very least a hint of it) will last much longer than several weeks even with sunlight.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:58 am
100% That Bitch

My water pipes freezes :(.
Blackouts in 97% of the city. Mexico ain't ready for this weather

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:09 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

That really sucks. I'd suggest turning on the faucets (both hot and cold) just a bit each in hopes to get the water flowing again. If you have access to the pipes, try wrapping them with warm/hot towels and warm them with any sort of heater (like a hair dryer or space heater) if safely doable. And turn up the heat in anyway you can inside the house. A lot of this may rely on you having power though, so best of luck.

But avoid any rapid means of heating them up.

We're getting up to an inch of ice overnight from this storm. The power went off and back on here earlier. Really hoping we don't lose power overnight. And I'm going to let our faucets drip all week, at least until Saturday. The coldest temps are still to come.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

OMG! I hope that's not your house :whaa:

Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

No. That's someone in Texas. Texas is in a real mess right now.

Hopefully Texans suffering from this are getting notified about unplugging all appliances and shutting off their electricity immediately if they still have it. Once this begins to thaw, it's going to create a major fire risk.

The image above shows what looks like a water pipe that froze and busted above the ceiling fan... Not only is that ceiling likely to collapse from flooding when the thawing begins, but the electrical wires on the ceiling are going to be exposed to it as well.

Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Skunk update...

I walked out on the porch this morning around 7:30 to grab the snow shovel to begin digging out around the car, and I heard this odd noise coming from beneath the right side of the porch. I've never heard what a skunk sounds like, but I figured it was likely one (coons are too big). It was racoon-like in the sounds it was making, but also sort of like loud bird-chirping. I didn't want to make any sudden noises, or walk along the porch in case I scared it and it decided to spray again....

So, I called my husband who was still in the house to tell him what I believed was under the porch and to make some sort of noise that may cause it to come out without it being too startled. It worked. It worked very well. TWO skunks came out from under the porch! It's true that they have poor eye-sight because they made no indication that they saw me despite being just 4-5 feet away. I stepped back in the house, but kept an eye on them. They were just walking/hopping around the yard, sometimes going in and out from below the porch. Once I saw them both out, I used my car alarm to try and scare them off and it mostly worked. One ran up the road, while the other remained nearby, so I made some noise that eventually made it run up the road, too.

One of them came back down the road towards the porch a few minutes later, but I noticed it before it got too close and scared it across the road to the neighbors yard (sorry, not sorry).

Turns out they made an opening deep enough under the lattice to squeeze under, and there was also a bit of a gap between the ground and porch on one side that they may have been squeezing under (the soil was a bit loose). New, extra lattice has been put up (might have to put some mesh screen overtop it, just in case) and some boards have been placed against the existing porch siding to close off any gap higher than a couple inches from the ground. Not fun to do in 16 degree weather.

Very frustrating, but at least I went outside when I did so I could hear them and watch them leave before they made their way back under there, especially if they were trying to make a den. (I kept watch while my family brought over the materials). Here's hoping they don't return, and that there were just the two. I read they're typically solitary animals (unless babies are present), and mate in the spring with the babies typically being born in early summer, so a bit unusual for two adult-sized ones to be hanging out right now.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

After doing some research... February is prime mating season for skunks. Ugh. Females apparently spray in response to unwanted male advances, and will also fight them (certainly sounded like a fight this morning). This is likely what's been happening here since it checks all the boxes: 1. It's February. 2. Spraying under the house. 3. Loud screeching/chirping noises under the porch this morning. 4. Seeing two of them this morning.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Thanks for detailed post highly enjoyed reading it. Good to know the problem has been solved for now. I hope they don't come back to your place. Have you by any chance informed the neighbours that you saw a skunk roaming besides their yard :P

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:53 pm
100% That Bitch

So yes. Finally shit started to go right again. fuck this cold ass weather.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:49 pm
100% That Bitch

So i officially start working on monday afternoon! I got a job for life!

I'm so happy I also started working at another hospital so imma work two jobs this is temporary so i can buya house and pay it off, then ill just work one because lulz

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:10 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Congrats! Take your time house searching.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Congratulations Mau on your second job lol.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:48 pm
100% That Bitch

I was offered a third job, lmao don't know if I should take it I would work 7 days a week and 3 nights a week lmao.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:15 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

It depends on the individual and how much you want to work but personally I'm lazy when it comes to office work. I finish my work fast and try to find ways to "not work" :P

Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:00 pm
100% That Bitch

Turned it down and I'm working two jobs for now and officially covering other doctors that pay me per shift a good amount of money lmao.

I am officially not broke and it has been three days as an official emergency medicine doctor

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mau wrote:
Turned it down and I'm working two jobs for now and officially covering other doctors that pay me per shift a good amount of money lmao.

I am officially not broke and it has been three days as an official emergency medicine doctor

Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Am I the only one who can't taste the difference between kinds of milk, the only one that feels substantial is skim vs everything else. I don't care at all about 1% vs 2%, and even homo doesn't feel that different.

Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:46 am
100% That Bitch

Welp, having too many jobs has me in trouble with the SAT (Mexican equivalent of IRS) Because now my salaries top a certain amount and that makes me rich according to them and I have to pay more taxes? Wtf?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:33 pm
100% That Bitch

high on alprazolam lulz.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:30 am
100% That Bitch

So yeah, this shit is about to go apeshit after holy week. Fucking god we're about to get RAPED by covid.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:02 am
100% That Bitch

Can't get a wife out of a ho-no

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat May 01, 2021 1:48 am
100% That Bitch

Since I don't have a Spiral thread....

It fucking ruled. Fucking amazing I loved it.
Spiral made Saw great again

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat May 15, 2021 1:13 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Its created now. Post your "full" review there.

Sat May 15, 2021 10:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 9663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387  Next