Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387  Next
 The Lateshow - The Revival 
100% That Bitch

Post Re: The Lateshow - The Revival
Mexico is a fucking MESS. The CDC was right to issue a travel warning, I'm seriously scared for my family.

I'm turning out to be a near asymptomatic case. No fever, no cough, no headache for about two days now.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:19 pm
100% That Bitch

I survived COVID.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:17 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Mau wrote:
I survived COVID.

Congratulations Mau :cheer:

Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:12 pm
Devil's Advocate

I didn't realize Elon was that rich

Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:11 pm
100% That Bitch

Vaccinated.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Mau wrote:
Vaccinated.

:thumbsup:

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:12 pm
100% That Bitch

OFFICIALLY AN ER DOCTOR!!!!!!!!

PASSED MY BOARDS EXAMN AND MY PROFESIONAL EXAMN!!!!!! I AM A FUCKING EMERGENCY MEDICINE FOCTORRRRRRRR

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:35 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Congratulations and Best of luck :thumbsup:

Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:53 am
100% That Bitch

Afterb22 years of continuous studying I can say I am FINALLY DONE

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:45 am
Devil's Advocate

Congrats!

Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:18 am
100% That Bitch

My boards result came back! I'm a certified Emergency medicine doctor!!!!!!

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:37 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hijacking your thread for a minute, Mau. (Congrats by the way!!!)

So one of the most ridiculous things happened to me last night and it's ongoing...

Around 9pm, the sudden smell of a skunk entered the house. Not too surprising. I live in the country, every couple of months you tend to get a whiff of a skunk somewhere nearby for a little while. Except this skunk wasn't just somewhere nearby, and the smell was the strongest I've ever smelt before. Somehow, it had managed to chew threw some of the insulation we placed over an outside vent and it made its way under the house. This is the coldest week of the year so far here, so naturally it was seeking warmth/shelter from the freezing rain, ice and snow.

Well... something spooked it (hopefully just a noise, the TV, shower, something non-other animal related) and it decided to spray somewhere beneath my living room or main bedroom. And it was, and still is, awful! It's not just the odor you experience from a distance while driving somewhere or even from one spraying somewhere nearby. It's far worse. Everything closes by 10pm here, including the local Walmart, so we just had to use what disinfectant and odor neutralizes we've had on hand since last night to make it just slightly more bearable. Plus about a dozen bowls of vinegar laying about in an attempt to absorb some of it (though the process takes days...).

I can't even describe what it smells like in this house right now with the overwhelming skunk, the various scented odorizers, air fresheners, and vinegar... Opening the windows/doors for ventilation hasn't been much of an option due to the temperature being in the teens, and the weather (more about that below).

We figured we'd get up early in the morning to hit up the store for more odor neutralizes and such, and check beneath the house to see if the skunk may still be there before releasing anything under there and sealing it up again. HOWEVER! The initial bands of this ice/snow storm system made its way here overnight and we got a lot more ice and snow than forecast (probably 1/4 inch of ice, 6-7 inches of snow) and now we're trapped inside today unless the roads get cleared and only have one air freshener left. Oh, and sunlight can help too, but guess what? It's full overcast today... And the worst of the storm is supposed to happen over the weekend.

Besides being sprayed by the skunk itself and having little/no means of neutralizing the smell, this has to be the worse-case scenario involving a skunk. :wacko:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:33 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

That's bad! Really bad situation Corpse, but I can't help but laugh at the situation. I guess we can call you skunk next few days :P

Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:06 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's like a Final Destination scenario involving a skunk. The next thing I know is that it'll spray again (or there's more than one!) before we can make any progress to get it out, if it's still there, or before we can properly deodorize and vent the house. And then when we are able to make it to a store, they'll probably be sold out of items we're needing to combat it...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:09 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Final skunk destination :funny:

Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:03 pm
100% That Bitch

omg corpse thats wtf. most wtf story of the year so far

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

This is a rough watch

Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:44 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

OMG!! That is horrible indeed.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:03 am
100% That Bitch

#FREEBRITNEY.

Fuck JT and his incredibly stupid ways.

Also

FUCK THIS COLD WEATHER. I know it's barely snowing here but bitch.

MEXICO ISNT SUPPOSED TO HAVE SNOW.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:38 pm
100% That Bitch

Corpse wrote:
It's like a Final Destination scenario involving a skunk. The next thing I know is that it'll spray again (or there's more than one!) before we can make any progress to get it out, if it's still there, or before we can properly deodorize and vent the house. And then when we are able to make it to a store, they'll probably be sold out of items we're needing to combat it...

Any update on the smell?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:58 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Mau wrote:
#FREEBRITNEY.

Fuck JT and his incredibly stupid ways.

Also

FUCK THIS COLD WEATHER. I know it's barely snowing here but bitch.

MEXICO ISNT SUPPOSED TO HAVE SNOW.

Nice I have never lived in a place where it snows :shades:

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:42 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Mau wrote:
Corpse wrote:

Any update on the smell?

I am curious as well :nutso:

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:55 pm
Devil's Advocate

I get snow about one week a year, I think that's about perfect

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:31 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Shack wrote:
I get snow about one week a year, I think that's about perfect

Indeed that sounds lovely :thumbsup:

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:40 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Mau wrote:
Corpse wrote:

Any update on the smell?

I am curious as well :nutso:

It's still lingering 3 days later. Not as strong, but it's noticeable. Still trying to neutralize it as much as possible with various deodorizers.

We got a shampoo that's meant for dogs that get sprayed, mixed it with some hot water, and sprayed it under the house to help with the smell a bit. We also put down a thin layer of hydrated lime that was suggested to us in helping with odors under the house. Hard to really say if either have been too effective though. In the end, there's no real solution to it, only measures of which to take in order to make it tolerable until it goes away which can take several weeks.

It could be that we've gotten a bit acclimated to it while inside, so it doesn't seem as bad as it is, but when coming back in from outside, especially after going to the store/work or something, you get hit with an immediate odor that stops you in your tracks for a second. But then it's tolerable. But again, could just be because we've acclimated to it...

And there's been no sunlight all week, and none is in the forecast this upcoming week either with this incoming ice storm. I don't know how much sunlight actually helps with odors (especially from a skunk that sprayed under a house...), but it's often mentioned with helping with odors, so some would have been nice.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387  Next