Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Myth of Kerry's Post Debate Surge 
Extraordinary

Because of the tens upon thousands of bodies we found burried in mass graves of people who were murdered by the regime.

Because of the Iraqie people.

Because of a law clinton passed years ago making it US policy to end the Saddam regime.

Because of all the times the regime had played with the UN security council and ignored requests.

Because they left out weapons from the report they were forced to suply to the UN Security council.

Because they would constantly shoot at British and US planes surveying the No Fly Zone.

Because they NEEDED to be ousted.

Because they had France, Russia, and Germany keeping the UN off their back.

But most of all, Because it was the right thing to do.

KJ

Yes.

But do you think there *might* have been a better way to do that, my Prince?

-Dolce

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:03 am
Draughty

In the latest polling, Bush has 44% approval rating. That number matters more than what horse-race poll number Bush or Kerry are getting. Usually the approval rating number is very close to the final vote that the incumbent will get.

Also 59% think the country is on the wrong track and 11% of undecideds think Bush deserves re-election.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Yes Archie, nice of you to FINALLY show up and help me out here a bit with the GOP *world.*

There was a Bush/Kerry Poll thread somewhere and Bush was leading over here. :shock:

I posted similar stats in the presidential thread...I think they're tied at 47% now if you go by the polls. Which have always been a bit shaky and getting more so as they crack under pressure.

-Dolce

Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:23 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

The winner of the Washington Redskins and Green Bay Packer game on 10/31 should determine the winner of the election.

The winner of the last Redskins home game before the election has determined the winner since the Redskins have been around (1936, I do believe). Everytime Washington wins it's last home game, the incumbent wins the election. Every time they lose, the challenger wins. Sounds more scientific to me than the rest of the polls. You can't argue with the facts.

Go Favre!

But seriously, this is going to come down to 3 states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida. Whoever wins two of those will win the election. I think Kerry will take Pennsylvania, Bush Ohio, which leaves Florida as the deciding factor...again.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:42 pm
The winner of the Washington Redskins and Green Bay Packer game on 10/31 should determine the winner of the election.

The winner of the last Redskins home game before the election has determined the winner since the Redskins have been around (1936, I do believe). Everytime Washington wins it's last home game, the incumbent wins the election. Every time they lose, the challenger wins. Sounds more scientific to me than the rest of the polls. You can't argue with the facts.

Go Favre!

But seriously, this is going to come down to 3 states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida. Whoever wins two of those will win the election. I think Kerry will take Pennsylvania, Bush Ohio, which leaves Florida as the deciding factor...again.

Time for Southpark to rerun the episode when Flora just couldn't make up her mind on who should be the kindrgarden president :)

Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:15 pm
Draughty

If you want to decide this by sports - both the Red Sox and the Astros have a shot at reaching the World Series.

I'd rather we didn't decide it that way though...it's the Red Sox after all.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

If you want to decide this by sports - both the Red Sox and the Astros have a shot at reaching the World Series.

I love the Sox....I'm from Booooooston.

Fine. We could decide it on the Cubs too.

Oh no...wait a minute.

Is that a bad idea?

Maybe this will help undecided voters that think Bush's "experience" must translate into "competency"

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/19/international/19war.html?hp&ex=1098244800&en=a9cce3b11a8114c4&ei=5094&partner=homepage wrote:
The Strategy to Secure Iraq Did Not Foresee a 2nd War

Gen. Tommy R. Franks climbed out of a C-130 plane at the Baghdad airport on April 16, 2003, and pumped his fist into the air. American troops had pushed into the capital of liberated Iraq little more than a week before, and it was the war commander's first visit to the city...

Huddling in a drawing room with his top commanders, General Franks told them it was time to make plans to leave. Combat forces should be prepared to start pulling out within 60 days if all went as expected, he said. By September, the more than 140,000 troops in Iraq could be down to little more than a division, about 30,000 troops.

To help bring stability and allow the Americans to exit, President Bush had reviewed a plan the day before seeking four foreign divisions - including Arab and NATO troops - to take on peacekeeping duties.

As the Baghdad meeting drew to a close, the president in a teleconference congratulated the commanders on a job well done. Afterward, they posed for photos and puffed on victory cigars.

Within a few months, though, the Bush administration's optimistic assumptions had been upended. Many of the foreign troops never came. The Iraqi institutions expected to help run the country collapsed. The adversary that was supposed to have been shocked and awed into submission was reorganizing beyond the reach of overstretched American troops.

In the debate over the war and its aftermath, the Bush administration has portrayed the insurgency that is still roiling Iraq today as an unfortunate, and unavoidable, accident of history, an enemy that emerged only after melting away during the rapid American advance toward Baghdad. The sole mistake Mr. Bush has acknowledged in the war is in not foreseeing what he termed that "catastrophic success."

But many military officers and civilian officials who served in Iraq in the spring and summer of 2003 say the administration's miscalculations cost the United States valuable momentum - and enabled an insurgency that was in its early phases to intensify and spread...

Hmmmmmmm?

Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:12 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Archie Gates wrote:

I love the Sox....I'm from Booooooston.

Fine. We could decide it on the Cubs too.

Oh no...wait a minute.

Is that a bad idea?

Go Yankees!

Ever notice the Red Sox team looks like they all just got out Prison or are a bunch of homeless people?

Anyhow, I think I'm getting off the subject here.

Go Favre! John Kerry's fate rests on your arm.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2